D2 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

If what I'm told is accurate then yes, if it's inaccurate then no.

It would seem intriguing that a game is called off at 3/4 time and there is no official reports made (at this stage).

Whilst cash fines could yet be handed out I believe two things need to be considered:

1/ Are fines the best way to stop this type of player behavior or would suspensions (if warranted) be a better deterrent? 2/ St Johns were winning easily and % could have improved if the game had played another 1/4.

Maybe next time we are getting pumped by a team we will start an 'all in' and minimize the damage to our %? LOL

Chump.

It would seem intriguing that a game is called off at 3/4 time and there is no official reports made (at this stage).

Whilst cash fines could yet be handed out I believe two things need to be considered:

1/ Are fines the best way to stop this type of player behavior or would suspensions (if warranted) be a better deterrent? 2/ St Johns were winning easily and % could have improved if the game had played another 1/4.

Maybe next time we are getting pumped by a team we will start an 'all in' and minimize the damage to our %? LOL

Chump.

Piss poor post.

All very good for a St Johns player to report on events. VAFA investigations committee might not be too enamored by these opinions being broadcast on radio and their own website. BTW, absolutely nothing to do with Aaron Thornton. Not within a bulls' roar of the melee!

With Round 4 far from completed I add selections for round 5 herewith.

Monash Gryphons v Ivanhoe. Visitors to get the points .

Old Paradians v Eltham. Close one this game. Leaning towards Parade but expect Turtles to come out of their shells.

Richmond v St Johns OC. Visitors.

South Melbourne v Northern Blues. Well drilled Blues to salute handsomely.

MHSOB v Elsternwick. Going with the wicks here.

All very good for a St Johns player to report on events. VAFA investigations committee might not be too enamored by these opinions being broadcast on radio and their own website. BTW, absolutely nothing to do with Aaron Thornton. Not within a bulls' roar of the melee!

Piss poor post.

Just his opinion - Clearly it takes two to melee but generally one to start. Interesting to see whether one club gets fined more then the other?? The VAFA WON'T give a Ratana's arse who said what on radio!

Presume you and Sidewinder were there at the Reunion? Who did start it??

Just his opinion - Clearly it takes two to melee but generally one to start. Interesting to see whether one club gets fined more then the other?? The VAFA WON'T give a Ratana's arse who said what on radio!

Presume you and Sidewinder were there at the Reunion? Who did start it??

I was not there but hearing it was a gross over reaction by the officials. While apparently a few spot fires during the game most involved verbal abuse or push and shove and hardly justified calling the game off. Stronger officiating and some leadership by people from each club would have prevented this occurring.

Monash Gryphons v Ivanhoe. by plenty

Old Paradians v Eltham. home side by two goals

Richmond v St Johns OC. Neither side have really beaten anyone (SJ beat NB - NB had plenty out) I'll go home team but not with any confidence

South Melbourne v Northern Blues. this will get super ugly NB can really get hold of sides

MHSOB v Elsternwick. Toss of the coin but going with Wick because I like agracey

Seniors:

Monash Gryphons v Ivanhoe - back on track hopefully and get another win after a VERY disappointing match last week - Hoes by 22 points

Old Paradians v Eltham - always a close game between these two, but Turtles for me by 7 points.

Richmond v St Johns OC - this will be a cracker me thinks with the Snakes showing some good form of late. That said, the Jocs are 4-0 and should be fresh in the home straight after only playing 3/4 last week. ;)

South Melbourne v Northern Blues the Blues looked very good against us last week and have regained players back into the senior side as SMD continue to struggle in season 2015 - NB by 80+

MHSOB v Elsternwick - think the Unicorns will win this one at home in a very close one at the school. But, if Hunter gets going the Wicks could pinch an away win here. flip of the coin, Unicorns by a few points.

Twos:
Monash Gryphons v Ivanhoe
Old Paradians
v Eltham
Richmond v St Johns OC
South Melbourne v Northern Blues
MHSOB
v Elsternwick

Good luck all.

Chump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see." All will become obvious in the fullness of time. The old adage, the player retaliating usually gets booked.;)

*John Anderson, Elsternwick. Striking, 2 matches
*Nicholas Ryan, Elsternwick. Striking, 2 matches

Seniors:

Monash Gryphons v Ivanhoe - back on track hopefully and get another win after a VERY disappointing match last week - Hoes by 22 points

Old Paradians v Eltham - always a close game between these two, but Turtles for me by 7 points.

Richmond v St Johns OC - this will be a cracker me thinks with the Snakes showing some good form of late. That said, the Jocs are 4-0 and should be fresh in the home straight after only playing 3/4 last week. ;)

South Melbourne v Northern Blues the Blues looked very good against us last week and have regained players back into the senior side as SMD continue to struggle in season 2015 - NB by 80+

MHSOB v Elsternwick - think the Unicorns will win this one at home in a very close one at the school. But, if Hunter gets going the Wicks could pinch an away win here. flip of the coin, Unicorns by a few points.

Twos:
Monash Gryphons v Ivanhoe
Old Paradians
v Eltham
Richmond v St Johns OC
South Melbourne v Northern Blues
MHSOB
v Elsternwick

Good luck all.

Chump.

Hey Chump, my mail is your making another comeback to teach the young Hoes the art of shepherding.

Any truth to this?

There were three reports from that match. Why just report two? Keith Ash, St. Johns. Striking, 2 matches

VAFA site let me down again:p

*John Anderson, Elsternwick. Striking, 2 matches
*Nicholas Ryan, Elsternwick. Striking, 2 matches
*Keith Ash, St. Johns. Striking, 2 matches

3/5 this week 12/15 total.
This week

Eltham over MHSOB
Parade to bounce back and beat Monash comfortably
Richmond too strong for Souths
St. John's travelling well and will be too good against Elsternwick
Ivanhoe the team to beat this year, can't see them dropping one against the blues in the match of the round
4/5 last week 16/20 total. Everything went to script except for the Blues knocking off the Hoes. I think the top 6 will be tightly contested this year and will come down to the wire to make the top 4

This week
Eltham over Parade
St. John's too much firepower for Richmond. Few goals
Ivanhoe to bounce back against the Gryphons by about 5 goals. Monash much better at home.
The Blues by plenty over Souths
MHSOB to get the chocolates in a tight one over the Wicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back