D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask - does anyone believe there is an ice epidemic in local football? I haven't heard much of the stuff that was reported by Jon Ralph going on, But i'm not silly enough to think that there aren't people within footy on drugs, as its a huge social issue.

To read stories of Coaches and presidents etc supplying ice for performance enhancing is pretty disgusting.

The glorified Ben Cousins Documentary where he was able to maintain being a gun whilst on the gear has been travesty, maybe a documentary on how he is going now is worth while.

Drugs in sport is the hot topic at the moment, People will find reasons to blame for it (Essendon, West Coast, AFL weak as water drug code) but what is the solution if there is an epidemic that I currently cannot see.....

Has any club introduced any kind of drug/alcohol awareness welfare programs, if so, how are they ran, and how successful are they?

According to "John" its out of control
http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne...-along-with-over-20-teammates-before-a-match/

I think that the isolated incidents are being over exposed and rubbish tabloid journalism, damaging the game for the 99% of local clubs that are run well and wouldn't tolerate the behaviour.

The people who generally put in the time at footy clubs are Generous, kind and really decent people. its a thankless task

“You are a smelly pirate hooker. Why don’t you go back to your home on Whore Island?” — Ron Burgundy

How does Over The Post "Moderator" allow these personal attacks to continue??

Mental health (if that is the case) is very serious issue, especially amongst males of football playing age. Football clubs are an amazing way to help people through many difficult times in their lives if they have the right people and culture. For anyone who hasn't experienced it get to a Relink sporting event and see the difference that sport in general can make in re-building lives!

Disappointing OPT!

Just wanted to send out a thank you to Chadstone Football Club for the practice matches on the weekend. Both games were played with great spirit - all the best for the year lads.

Watched a bit of the South Mornington v Donvale praccy match on Saturday. Hard to line up teams from different comps and Donvale returning after a year off. Left in the 3rd quarter and SM hadn't scored and believe they went down by 35 goals in the end.
Donvale have Nunawading round 1 and trying to get a gauge on Nuna's recruits from Hawthorn ammo's. Tremewen's name came up earlier. What about Barkla x 2, Athanassiou, Nick Brown, Timmins, Russell White? Anyone know how they'll go in Div 4 EFL? Cheers
There was talk at the Chaddy v Mt Lilydale praccy match that Sth Mornington may struggle for numbers this season....

There was talk at the Chaddy v Mt Lilydale praccy match that Sth Mornington may struggle for numbers this season....
Sat with sth Mornington people last night.

Don't think numbers are a problem

But the numbers at sth mornington are not to bad. but there's no talent. 35 goals in a praccy match is very bad lose. chaddy is deff folding after this year spoke to someone after training last night. there got numbers. but no talent to win games. there not even considering clubbies next year.

For your sake, hopefully some of these whispers come true, because at the moment you have zero credibility

How was Skye on the weekend?
Yeah TT went well the 3 games really good standard from what I could see. Dont know much about southern league but they moved it well in the ones and clearly would have mixed it with hawthorn from last year. Do you play this week we have Nth Brunny and how did you go last week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$500. Anyone ? Canterbury to win the flag and chaddy to fold after this year.
We promote responsible Gambling on Bigfooty I will take the $500 on Canterbury not winning the Flag. I think Canterbury will improve but 100 point turnaround I am not sure.Point Cook big improvers Ian is a very astute Coach had a year to do Homework interesting.

Yeah TT went well the 3 games really good standard from what I could see. Dont know much about southern league but they moved it well in the ones and clearly would have mixed it with hawthorn from last year. Do you play this week we have Nth Brunny and how did you go last week?
Yeah mate, played Rushworth in a six quarter game, good hitout, had a pretty good win with plenty to work on still

Would you like to lay a wager on this zero credibility ? Ill inbox you who i am. and we can have a real bet. how about it table tennis ?
I don't gamble. But some pretty big accusations coming from you. In regards to chaddy folding, until I hear that from Steve Allsop, I won't believe it.

Until the VAFA pin BHN for player payments, then all the best.

Good luck proving either, and if you do, happy to eat humble pie.

Parkside termy, Old Paradians a couple of years back, a touch of country footy last year and back into the Ammos.

Given your hatred of Manningham hierarchy I reckon you could be sitting on some juicy goss from there.

Any under the table action there?

Can 100% assure you that an official letter with info on which players and playing coaches were receiving match payments last year was sent in to the VAFA prior to the finals series. This was at a D4 club who were participating in the finals. I've seen the letter and to my knowledge there was not an investigation.

Yeah sure ill do that for you straight away. Its been under the table for years.
Payment in the VAFA been going on for years, the old heads at clubs like to still think that the VAFA is a non paying league.
Can 100% assure you that an official letter with info on which players and playing coaches were receiving match payments last year was sent in to the VAFA prior to the finals series. This was at a D4 club who were participating in the finals. I've seen the letter and to my knowledge there was not an investigation.

Nothing makes me happier than getting a dodgy under the table payment in the VAFA, really makes you feel like your living on the edge!

Actually 1 things makes me happier, seeing people bitch and moan about it haha. Its happens, fact and good luck to those good enough to get it I say!

Payment in the VAFA been going on for years, the old heads at clubs like to still think that the VAFA is a non paying league.

Nothing makes me happier than getting a dodgy under the table payment in the VAFA, really makes you feel like your living on the edge!

Actually 1 things makes me happier, seeing people bitch and moan about it haha. Its happens, fact and good luck to those good enough to get it I say!
Hope anybody stupid enough to cheat is caught and dealt with accordingly.

There's a difference for those that cheat to win. Its never quite the same as really earning it within the limitations that every club agrees too.

Hope anyone taking payments outside the laws does thier knee in the first minute of round one

Hope anybody stupid enough to cheat is caught and dealt with accordingly.

There's a difference for those that cheat to win. Its never quite the same as really earning it within the limitations that every club agrees too.

Hope anyone taking payments outside the laws does thier knee in the first minute of round one

I tell ya what TT, if its not quiet the same and really earning it, its not far off. Still one of the best days/ nights/ weekends of my life after winning a VAFA flag :)

I tell ya what TT, if its not quiet the same and really earning it, its not far off. Still one of the best days/ nights/ weekends of my life after winning a VAFA flag :)
If you take cash your a filthy germ, a cheat, and by rights do not deserve your flag. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back