D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Div 4. What a raffle! Parkside into the VAFA (again). Should "bully" this section like an overgrown kid in a sandbox. But that's nothing new for this entry level competition. Mt Lilydale return from club 18. Should go ok. Masala, also from club 18. Maybe a tough journey. Chadstone it seems have recruited well and will have more joy. Long overdue. Nth Brunswick, it's do or die this year. Pt Cook, Westbourne, Manningham and Box Hill Nth. acting as the usual suspects. Occupying the middle ladder. Canterbury should keep their momentum and go right on with it this year. That leaves Sth Mornington, everybody's favourite winter time holiday destination on the peninsular. Said no one, ever. (No offence.) Will have to do a lot of work this year.
My pick? Canterbury v Parkside in the GF. Third? Daylight.
I would struggle to pick weekly winners because there are giants, minnows and also rans. Each capable of turning the tables on one another.
Let's hope for an injury free run for clubs and enjoyable footy. Bring on the hot dogs and coffee. Good luck to all.

2015 Div 4. What a raffle! Parkside into the VAFA (again). Should "bully" this section like an overgrown kid in a sandbox. But that's nothing new for this entry level competition. Mt Lilydale return from club 18. Should go ok. Masala, also from club 18. Maybe a tough journey. Chadstone it seems have recruited well and will have more joy. Long overdue. Nth Brunswick, it's do or die this year. Pt Cook, Westbourne, Manningham and Box Hill Nth. acting as the usual suspects. Occupying the middle ladder. Canterbury should keep their momentum and go right on with it this year. That leaves Sth Mornington, everybody's favourite winter time holiday destination on the peninsular. Said no one, ever. (No offence.) Will have to do a lot of work this year.
I would struggle to pick weekly winners because there are giants, minnows and also rans. Each capable of turning the tables on one another.
Let's hope for an injury free run for clubs and enjoyable footy. Bring on the hot dogs and coffee. Good luck to all.
How does a side that struggled to win a game in NFL div3 bully the section? Didnt they lose to West Heidelberg?They would want to have recruited to be competitive. Id be more worried about Mt Lilydale9returning) and Point Cook improvement. Don't write off South Mornington either.

Westbourne have picked up 4 really good footballers and came home like a freight train last year, plus got one of their onballers back from injury who didn't play much last year.

Don't think they have lost much and some handy 19's to come through, they are the Bolter for mine.

Good! Talking footy at last.(The main objective of my post.) Thank you gents. I'm just having a say. It seems to bring information up. Let the games begin.;)

Keeping with the serious footy discussion, who is the most hated club in D4?

Taking a quick snapshot of the thread suggests:

Canterbury
Manningham

Daylight.

Weak lot this year with no real standouts

Cantebury - on the way they finished last year
Point Cook - will win enough games but still wont make GF
Nth Brunswick - ok in pre-season
Maningham - mid range D4 side for ever
Parkside - no sides have come into the VAFA lately and dominated (although as stated its a weak year)
Box Hill - mid range D4 side for ever
Mt Lilydale - will need time
Chadstone - hopefully they improve and some poor side coming into he comp will help
Sth Mornington - terrible last year and practice match results say not much has changed
Masala - see above

Canterbury v Brunswick GF

Clear Top 2
Canterbury
Westbourne

Middle of the Pack
Point Cook
Manningham
North Brunswick
Box Hill
Mt Lilydale

Bottom Teams
South Mornington
Parkside
Chadstone
Masala

Parkside from all reports have lost the majority of the players that were in the NFL last year this is coming from inside knowledge I play with them in the FIDA Competition

]Parkside from all reports have lost the majority of the players that were in the NFL last year this is coming from inside knowledge I play with them in the FIDA Competition[/QUOTE]

If this to be believed then I will immediately revise my comments re Parkside. Should fit in well into Div 4 this season and make the competition interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see why Mt Lilydale is a hated Club TT. We cleared out all the "Bad Eggs" a couple of years ago.
Plus we are back with a better calibre of people this season.

Can't see why Mt Lilydale is a hated Club TT. We cleared out all the "Bad Eggs" a couple of years ago.
Plus we are back with a better calibre of people this season.

It was just from the year you were promoted, and your club captain announced that MT.Lilydale were sending us back to clubbies. There's probably no animosity with current group. Some people don't forget statements like that though. Very vocal home support too. Which is great.

Serious post, someone mentioned earlier it's a 6 team finals this year, does that make it a 4 week finals series or still 3.

Rd 18 - 22nd august
Finals wk 1 - 29/30 august
Finals wk 2 - 5/6 September
Finals wk 3 - 12/13 September
??? Finals wk 4 - 19/20 September ????

Can anyone confirm the structure? Trying to make travel arrangements around the dates of finals.

Went and watched St.Albans vs Hoppers Crossing today. Fairly large crowd, pretty good day out for it.

Would there be two Div 4 rivals that could pull off a feature game? If we had lights on our main ground, would love to play good Friday night.

Most boring night of the year, can have people collecting money for the appeal and gain some exposure for clubs.

If the AFL wake up to themselves and play footy on this day, like every other code, it would be great!

Can you 100% confirm this TT? Don't want to make travel arrangements and then have to change them! Thanks for your help so far
This is how it was last time there was a top 6. That was 2 years ago

Agreeing with most people's opinions in regards to competitive sides this season.

Westbourne
Canterbury
Point Cook
Manningham
Box Hill
North Brunswick
-----------------------------
Mt Lillydale
Parkside
South Mornington
Chadstone
Masala

If there is any daylight I would think it's between those teams that settle into the top 6 and the rest of the pack

Rd 1 tips
Chadstone to beat masala 25 points
North Brunny to beat Sth Mornington 32 points
Canterbury to beat Parkside 24 points
Box Hill Nth to beat Mt.Lilydale 12 points
Point Cook to beat Manningham

Rd 1 tips Seniors
Chadstone V Masala 40 points
Nth Brunny V Sth Mornington 45 points
Canterbury V Parkside 37 points
Box Hill Nth V Mt.Lilydale 15 points
Point Cook V Manningham 25 points