D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys. Left of centre question. How much does it cost to run a club in D4 ammo's?
That's a bit forward ...honestly I have no idea ... its one of those things where clubs would always Iike additional funds for new equipment, rooms upgrades, etc. So if money can be found there is always something that needs to be paid for.
How much does it cost to run your div 3 SFL club?

I know SFL league fees are around the $25k mark. Then it depends if you have under 19's and a Thirds team. We were told last year it's was about $780 per player

Hi lads, been out of footy a few years. Wondering how the level of div 4 compares to div 1 amateurs and if anyone knows the closing date for registration of new players?

Any help appreciated

P
Hi lads, been out of footy a few years. Wondering how the level of div 4 compares to div 1 amateurs and if anyone knows the closing date for registration of new players?

Any help appreciated

Cut off is Jun 30 for any transfers.

Div4 clearly won't be the same strength as Div1 but I also wouldnt underestimate the standard either.

Don't think anyone is doubting that its a big difference. But the standard at div 4 still requires efforts to succeed

Absolutely TT, but I would say the top 3 or 4 teams play a competitive brand but it falls away pretty fast.
The beauty about the VAFA is that all clubs can find their standard....which makes the regionalisation debate all that more absurd.

Absolutely TT, but I would say the top 3 or 4 teams play a competitive brand but it falls away pretty fast.
The beauty about the VAFA is that all clubs can find their standard....which makes the regionalisation debate all that more absurd.
All on the same page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just below average for last week so need to lift my game for this week:

Masala vs Box Hill North
Canterbury
vs Chadstone
South Mornington vs Point Cook
Manningham
vs North Brunswick
Westbourne vs Parkside

Looks pretty straightforward this round other than the Manningham/North Brunswick battle which looks like a close one.

Box Hill North
Canterbury
Point Cook
Manningham
Westbourne

The top 6 in this division is >100 points better than the rest. It's really a different standard again. I wonder whether the VAFA has considered changing things up next year.

The top 6 in this division is >100 points better than the rest. It's really a different standard again. I wonder whether the VAFA has considered changing things up next year.

Like regionalisation?

We (point cook) finished seventh last year and currently 6-0. There's still a long way to go, but a year is a long time for a club's.

Who is to say that next year any of those bottom sides turn things around?

Regionalisation would make things worse. Yeah, top 6 being so far ahead of everyone else is unfortunate, but it is one of the lower levels in the VAFA, you aren't going to have 8-10 teams all around the same level. If we had regions there would be 1-2 clubs that are a chance for the flag and everyone else is making up the numbers. Also what TT said, PC have turned it around.

Great win in the 2s today for us against North Brunswick, unfortunately the 1s couldn't replicate and went down by 4 goals. Huge game next week vs Point Cook.

What do you want then to do? Give players to the bad teams or take players from the good teams. They're all in d4 because they are not d3 standard. There is no further to drop. Bigwaz, I am really concerned about your intelligence as from what I understand your at least on a committee

What do you want then to do? Give players to the bad teams or take players from the good teams. They're all in d4 because they are not d3 standard. There is no further to drop. Bigwaz, I am really concerned about your intelligence as from what I understand your at least on a committee

Instead of having 1 or 2 struggling clubs, now there's 5. That doesn't say much for the quality of the division or the league.

Instead of having 1 or 2 struggling clubs, now there's 5. That doesn't say much for the quality of the division or the league.
I dare say that 4 of those 5 are rebuilding and will progress and get better.

Let clubs have a chance to develop before you go restructuring. Out of th 5, how many of those clubs were in Div4 last year Waz?

One.

I can remember when your club was one of those battlers (no win in how many years?) so a bit rich knocking these struggling sides atm. So as Table Tennis has stated things change from year to year, all it takes is some hard work on and off the ground as you should know and things can turn pretty quickly. I'd suggest you get back on the D2 forum because you have quickly forgotten how it can be a real struggle for some clubs.

I can remember when your club was one of those battlers (no win in how many years?) so a bit rich knocking these struggling sides atm. So as Table Tennis has stated things change from year to year, all it takes is some hard work on and off the ground as you should know and things can turn pretty quickly. I'd suggest you get back on the D2 forum because you have quickly forgotten how it can be a real struggle for some clubs.
Cannot agree more with your comment! I was on the end of both types of wins and floggings from Richmond and the beauty of our game is that there are those that persist, those that bask in the glory and s**t on those that in the place of where they once were and those that are starting the journey!! This just represents a chance for the top 6 to get up a grade and hopefully, one day meet you again Waz and kick your arse!!

I think the point still remains that the quality of D4 has dropped this year. Am I wrong?

And yes we went through a year without a win so I'm well aware of what it feels like to be in that position.

I think the point still remains that the quality of D4 has dropped this year. Am I wrong?

And yes we went through a year without a win so I'm well aware of what it feels like to be in that position.

So should Richmond have been further relegated to a customised Div 5 graveyard.

Like I said, of these 5 clubs, one took topof the ladder cCanterbury to a point, are new to the league, masala, new club, only going to improve, Mt.Lilydale rebuilding from clubbies and could surprise a few, only going to get better. Sth.Mornington are rebuilding from thier relegation, they will bounce back. Chadstone have thier battles, but front up everyweek.

Waz, 2 years ago, Northern Blues finished 6th out of 11 sides and fell into the finals. You should know them well. They beat your mob in a grand final.

At the start of that same season, they got flogged by triple figures regularly.

Anything can happen. Afford these clubs the same right that was afforded to yours.

Now take your bat and ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back