D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know blokes who play div 4 ammos and they reckon they'd be competitive with div 3 wrfl sides, only reason for that though is because it's amateurs and you're not gonna find many top tier players who are willing to play for free

Totally dissagree with this comment. A lot of top tier players prefer to play Ammos

Have you watched D4 game?
Yes, Westbourne VS Point Cook, probably an unfair appraisal seeing as their both lower ranked sides (I think)
I guess the only way you could really compare the two would be in a practice match.

D3 WRFL lacks a lot of fitness compared to D4 VAFA but the game plays pretty similarly

Yes, Westbourne VS Point Cook, probably an unfair appraisal seeing as their both lower ranked sides (I think)
I guess the only way you could really compare the two would be in a practice match.

D3 WRFL lacks a lot of fitness compared to D4 VAFA but the game plays pretty similarly

Bit of a contradiction in your posts. Your previous post to above claims that your mates, who can't get a game at D3 WRFL go and play D4 VAFA, yet above you claim D4 VAFA players are fitter, but the game is played similarly. Based on that I would have thought they wouldn't be able to get a game with either league.

And if the players in D4 VAFA are not up to D2/D3 WRFL, why does the coach from the local gummy sharks keep ringing players from local VAFA clubs every year to try and get them to come across. Interesting that no one has taken up his offer.

I'm just gonna have to take your word for it as I don't know enough about D4 seeing as i've only watched one game, you're probably right I'm just talking from what my mates have told me

I doubt that Fish.

The Dragons were a disgrace when they entered the Vafa. They were a direct product of thier environment in the SFL.

They were vastly improved in 12 months
The Dragons improvement over the past 12 months is due to a new committee, one that is focused on seeing the long term sustainability of the club. Agree with Fish that they should never have left the SFL in the first place. The SFL board is very supportive of ALL clubs in its competition whether Div1, 2 or 3. I would imagine one of the reasons for the dragons are on the move is because of the high costs of affiliation fees and relentless fining regime the VAFA have. As a supporter the D4 VAFA competition i constantly hear from teams that there is no support from the VAFA who only care about the higher divisions. Teams need to supply field, goals, and boundary umpire in reserves grades and even at a senior game will need to have goal and boundary.... i dont know of many competitions around australia that requires that level of support for a senior game of football????? I would think that the dragons being a relatively new team would struggle to get volunteers every week to support that and also ensure they have runners, trainers and water ppl too... Smart decision i say!

The Dragons improvement over the past 12 months is due to a new committee, one that is focused on seeing the long term sustainability of the club. Agree with Fish that they should never have left the SFL in the first place. The SFL board is very supportive of ALL clubs in its competition whether Div1, 2 or 3. I would imagine one of the reasons for the dragons are on the move is because of the high costs of affiliation fees and relentless fining regime the VAFA have. As a supporter the D4 VAFA competition i constantly hear from teams that there is no support from the VAFA who only care about the higher divisions. Teams need to supply field, goals, and boundary umpire in reserves grades and even at a senior game will need to have goal and boundary.... i dont know of many competitions around australia that requires that level of support for a senior game of football????? I would think that the dragons being a relatively new team would struggle to get volunteers every week to support that and also ensure they have runners, trainers and water ppl too... Smart decision i say!

I'm sure they are moving for the reasons that suit them.
As for umpires, there is no bigger comp in Australia, so fairly large job to find umpires for all jobs each week.
If D4 clubs are complaining about support, are they asking? Or just assuming that the vafa should know the needs of the 80+ clubs under its watch.

The vafa amended rules to benefit the dragons club 18 to allow other clubs players to play for them, so they didn't get fines, so I don't think the lack of support was an issue for the dragons

My information is that the VAFA organised a Rules and Issues Open Forum held several weeks ago. Looking at the minutes only 1 club from the 4 divisional sections attended. This just shows how poorly most lower grade clubs operate. It was a forum for the clubs and again the A/B grade clubs dominated the session. Can anyone from D 4 say why you didn't turn up but prefer to "whinge" here on BF??

I'm sure they are moving for the reasons that suit them.
As for umpires, there is no bigger comp in Australia, so fairly large job to find umpires for all jobs each week.
If D4 clubs are complaining about support, are they asking? Or just assuming that the vafa should know the needs of the 80+ clubs under its watch.

The vafa amended rules to benefit the dragons club 18 to allow other clubs players to play for them, so they didn't get fines, so I don't think the lack of support was an issue for the dragons

Surely the VAFA know that goal-umpires, boundary umpires etc are a basic need for any football club playing a match, particularly seniors. Is it too much to ask that these key personnel are provided by the VAFA, given that the rules of competition dictate that both are essential for a match to be played?

What seems to be the problem is the level of support the VAFA provides across it's many divisions. It feels weighted to that higher-division clubs are supported more than lower-division clubs. There is definitely a sense of inequality. This is through my own personal experience playing at various levels of amateur footy across the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My information is that the VAFA organised a Rules and Issues Open Forum held several weeks ago. Looking at the minutes only 1 club from the 4 divisional sections attended. This just shows how poorly most lower grade clubs operate. It was a forum for the clubs and again the A/B grade clubs dominated the session. Can anyone from D 4 say why you didn't turn up but prefer to "whinge" here on BF??

Spot on. We didn't attend, but we go to most.

People complain, but don't take up the vafa on thier support

Those people are probably busy trying to run their club to a level that gets them up the grades where the support is better.

Surely a better use of their time than complaining about something that isn't going to change.

Those people are probably busy trying to run their club to a level that gets them up the grades where the support is better.

Surely a better use of their time than complaining about something that isn't going to change.

Pretty average response. Go to another league then. Obviously that frame of mind has served you well

There have been quite a few changes made on the requests of clubs. It was the most important meeting for Monash and their "concerned" president to attend to add his considerable weight to whatever support from the VAFA his club required. Poor form that you didn't attend. Don't even attempt to throw stones!

Don't go too hard on the blokes & women that run the D4 (and other district clubs). Typically there are only 4-5-6 people that do 90%+ of the work around these clubs. They're not resourced the same as the school clubs where the president & secretary etc do their roles & the rest is able to be delegated out. This allows them the time & energy (as well as the brownie points with the wife and family) to perform these functions without them being excessively invasive.

The executive of most clubs do a bluddy fantastic job & deserve to be applauded for their efforts.

Don't go too hard on the blokes & women that run the D4 (and other district clubs). Typically there are only 4-5-6 people that do 90%+ of the work around these clubs. They're not resourced the same as the school clubs where the president & secretary etc do their roles & the rest is able to be delegated out. This allows them the time & energy (as well as the brownie points with the wife and family) to perform these functions without them being excessively invasive.

The executive of most clubs do a bluddy fantastic job & deserve to be applauded for their efforts.
I know. I'm one of them.

But you don't complain if you do nothing to help yourself

And I don’t know of any other comp in Australia that has 7 grades of seniors and reserves, another 3 grades of thirds, 2 grades of Club 18, 5 of U19 and 1 of Colts. An impossible task to cover all of that with umpires and I can assure you that even in ‘A’ Grade we have to find our own goal, boundary and sometimes field umpires for 2s. And to those who think the school and Uni based clubs are awash with volunteers then you are very much mistaken.

Would be great to have a full compliment of umpires for every game across every grade but the size of the competition makes that impossible.

Downside of the VAFA is fewer umpires and more travel. Upside is you are playing in a pretty well run and administered comp with far more even and competitive matches. You have the opportunity to progress through the grades and can do all that without copping abuse from drunken obnoxious supporters. The VAFA not for everyone but I know what comp I’d rather be in.

And I don’t know of any other comp in Australia that has 7 grades of seniors and reserves, another 3 grades of thirds, 2 grades of Club 18, 5 of U19 and 1 of Colts. An impossible task to cover all of that with umpires and I can assure you that even in ‘A’ Grade we have to find our own goal, boundary and sometimes field umpires for 2s. And to those who think the school and Uni based clubs are awash with volunteers then you are very much mistaken.

Would be great to have a full compliment of umpires for every game across every grade but the size of the competition makes that impossible.

Downside of the VAFA is fewer umpires and more travel. Upside is you are playing in a pretty well run and administered comp with far more even and competitive matches. You have the opportunity to progress through the grades and can do all that without copping abuse from drunken obnoxious supporters. The VAFA not for everyone but I know what comp I’d rather be in.

Good Post. Booze at footy a disgrace. Turns normal supporters into raving maniacs.

i just saw this tweet on the ammos site a good get for the uni boys with Alan Ezard signing on it will be interesting to see what changes he brings

La Trobe Uni FC @LaTrobeUniFC
ANNOUNCEMENT: Following on from last week's appointment of Alan Ezard, Cameron Black is the new reserves coach: http://ltufc.com/news_article.php?art=933…
Retweeted by VAFA

Good get, but don't think it will be relevant to D4 with Banyule defecting to the NFL

There have been quite a few changes made on the requests of clubs. It was the most important meeting for Monash and their "concerned" president to attend to add his considerable weight to whatever support from the VAFA his club required. Poor form that you didn't attend. Don't even attempt to throw stones!

What stones?

I personally don't have a problem with resources re umpiring etc going towards the higher grades as they prop up the lower ones in other ways.

My comment was more to point out that those with limited time who have to prioritize as they can't attend every event.

Personally didn't attend as I have no grievances to raise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back