D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Normal footy reasons. Lots of injuries and a handful of unavailables. No excuses though - North were really good and Cobras were poor. Cobras kicked the first goal and North kicked about the next 16 from memory.

Normal footy reasons. Lots of injuries and a handful of unavailables. No excuses though - North were really good and Cobras were poor. Cobras kicked the first goal and North kicked about the next 16 from memory.

Half strength can quickly become the norm... especially in a wet winter.

Hi lads, been out of footy a few years. Wondering how the level of div 4 compares to div 1 amateurs and if anyone knows the closing date for registration of new players?

Any help appreciated
Still looking for a game?

Masala have some great young guys running around in their senior side.
#4 and 14 impressed. Lack fot and polished big blokes. #72 (I think it was, Tim Membrey lookalike) works super hard across half forward for them.
#1 is like a jack russel on heat. Has a dip.
Couple of clowns but which team doesn't.

I can only go off of 2 incidents in judging this, but I think the coach needs some work.

He was lipping off at Westbournes decoy FF after he had 7 snags on the board in the second qtr. Yelling to his players to whack him (or words similar) For what. Leading out and taking grabs. Weak effort from supercoach.
Also gave them a fair spray at half time.

Why? Because they werent in the contest?
Get up with reality son. Instead of wasting energy abusing opposition and shocking body language. Why not spend that energy focusing on small improvements. That group will improve for sure if they stay together. But Scoobie thinks the big fella at the top needs to reshuffle his mind, not the magnets.

Snack time.

1s

Masala vs PC
North Brunswick
vs Mt Lilydale
South Mornington vs Parkside
Box Hill vs Manningham
Chadstone vs Westbourne

2s

Masala vs PC
North Brunswick vs Mt Lilydale
South Mornington vs Parkside
Box Hill vs Manningham
Chadstone vs Westbourne

Should be a tough game for us at Box Hill, may the best teams win Ruck Machine.

Masala vs PC. 123
North Brunswick
vs Mt Lilydale. 76
South Mornington vs Parkside. 22
Box Hill vs Manningham. 18
Chadstone vs Westbourne. 234

Nice to have a game or two that have to give some thought that to.

Masala have some great young guys running around in their senior side.
#4 and 14 impressed. Lack fot and polished big blokes. #72 (I think it was, Tim Membrey lookalike) works super hard across half forward for them.
#1 is like a jack russel on heat. Has a dip.
Couple of clowns but which team doesn't.

I can only go off of 2 incidents in judging this, but I think the coach needs some work.

He was lipping off at Westbournes decoy FF after he had 7 snags on the board in the second qtr. Yelling to his players to whack him (or words similar) For what. Leading out and taking grabs. Weak effort from supercoach.
Also gave them a fair spray at half time.

Why? Because they werent in the contest?
Get up with reality son. Instead of wasting energy abusing opposition and shocking body language. Why not spend that energy focusing on small improvements. That group will improve for sure if they stay together. But Scoobie thinks the big fella at the top needs to reshuffle his mind, not the magnets.

Snack time.
Loose cannons coaching in the lower leagues. Why do footy clubs attract these blokes like flies on $hit?

Some interesting happenings coming through on the VAFA website.
Dale Collins has kicked another bag of 17. Boy his he in some form!
Mt Lilydale have knocked off North Brunswick.
Parkside have climbed into the 6 at the expense of Manningham.

Tough day for us at Box Hill, 'competitive' again but I'd much rather we just win some games. Crunch time now, at the start of the year it looked like we had a good run home but can't take anything for granted when both the 1s and the 2s are in the negative for W/L.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rnd 9

Masala v South Mornington 32
Manningham v Canterbury 52
Lilydale v Point Cook 75
Parkside v BHN 45
Westbourne v North Bruns 48

Dale Collins - 7

This week's thoughts:

Masala vs South Mornington
Manningham vs Canterbury
Mt Lilydale vs Point Cook
Parkside
vs Box Hill North
Westbourne vs North Brunswick

What a nail biter at the Yarra valley. Seems like P C just ran out of time. Good result for the Mornington boys. Which side turned up for Manningham? Another close one out at Pitcher Park. Seems like Box Hill just ran out of time. Oh well, should have made better use of time earlier in the game. Just kidding. Bad bout of the flu in Brunswick this week I hear.:D

What a weekend of football!! Good to see Afew upsets!! Point cook just unlucky?? Are westbourne flat track bullies? What round will dale Collins kick his hundred? D4 is up and about!!

Mt. Lilydale had a red hot crack and we had an off day. The rams should have buried us early, and a few things went thier way that helped them. Don't get me wrong they deserved to win, but just couldn't finish us off.

Couple of handy recruits, Daniel Dimitriou goes pretty well and tore us apart.

If they play with that side and intensity each week, they will rattle a few. They played as well as any side we have seen this year.

Last edited:
Apart from Point Cooks little hiccup against a much improved Mt.Lilydale, the top 3 look a class above when fully fit. Believe the bulldogs had a few key outs. (I know its not in TT's nature to make excuses, but thats what Im told)

The race for for the remaining spots in the top 6 is a ripper.

Box Hill - Ultra competitive always. Maybe lack some real class outside. But can trouble most on their day. I think they will make finals.

Nth.Brunswick - Would hope for their sake they had a few out on saturday. They are under pressure to remain in.

Parkside - Have a massive month ahead. Nth.Brunny, Manningham, Point Cook and Canterbury. Need to win 2.

Mt.Lilydale - need to pinch a few wins from Parkside and Nth brunny. But charging.

Manningham. - I was wrong about these guys. I thought they were top 3 material. Need a miracle to make it. String a few wins together and the last game against Parkside becomes interesting.

For this round all the home teams for me:

Canterbury vs Mt Lilydale
South Mornington vs Manningham
Chadstone vs Masala
Parkside vs North Brunswick
Westbourne vs Box Hill North

FWIW the Southern Dragons have forfeited both their games tomorrow in the SFL. Made the right move to exit the VAFA?
Wow. They're now in recess.
The club has been flogged financially and on the scoreboard. Very disappointing for them. Would they be allowed back in future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back