D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The terminator- banned, Danpenny- banned Sarah connor- banned, Killerkowalsky- banned. heyhowareyou ?- I think I can see a pattern.

Interestingly the person purported to represent the pseudonyms above played for Whitehorse on the weekend. It is difficult to be in both places at once.

Parkside and Mt Lillydale hitting some form coming into the back half of the season... a run at top 4 from both of them a very realistic possibility? Going to make for a very interesting finals series when the time comes

Having had a little look at the fixture, I see it like this:

1. Canterbury (16)
2. Point Cook (14)
3. Westbourne (13)
4. Box Hill North (10)
5. Mt Lilydale (9)

6th spot looks to be between Parkside and North Brunswick on 8 wins and North's superior percentage might see sneak in. But surprises seem to be common so who knows?

Hey table tennis how are you buddy ? Think you'll be owing. me $500 at the end of the year. but I'm gonna wipe it clean for you buddy just for you. get ready for 3 car loads of blokes giving plenty of abuse today. you'll remember my voice for ever.

Hey table tennis how are you buddy ? Think you'll be owing. me $500 at the end of the year. but I'm gonna wipe it clean for you buddy just for you. get ready for 3 car loads of blokes giving plenty of abuse today. you'll remember my voice for ever.
Must have missed you buddy...

Bit wet for you?

Jokes aside, well done to Chadstone today. tough week for our footy club, and they were very respective.

Season over for Manningham :( (But the dream lives on in the 2s!).
Very disappointing season. From what i hear it's been a battle to get guys on the track starting from pre-season. Every team goes through the injuries and unavailabilities, but it sounds as if the culture of committing to a season - training and all - is still an issue at MC?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointing season. From what i hear it's been a battle to get guys on the track starting from pre-season. Every team goes through the injuries and unavailabilities, but it sounds as if the culture of committing to a season - training and all - is still an issue at MC?

Wasnt aware this was an issue previously (in my first year) but it'd be fair to say a mass of long term holidays mid season didn't help (Along with injuries).

Still no excuses, every club deals with this. Checked the ladder predictor and we can still make finals in the 1s but it is a bit of a long shot.

Wasnt aware this was an issue previously (in my first year) but it'd be fair to say a mass of long term holidays mid season didn't help (Along with injuries).

Still no excuses, every club deals with this. Checked the ladder predictor and we can still make finals in the 1s but it is a bit of a long shot.

Did three nights of pre-season a couple of years back and numbers were poor even though the training and ground were great (awesome oval). Sort of asked a few questions and was told that training was always ordinary and got even worse in winter!

Good blokes, good ground, just not as serious as some other clubs i guess. No issues there, just makes it difficult to climb the ranks.

Must have missed you buddy...

Bit wet for you?

Jokes aside, well done to Chadstone today. tough week for our footy club, and they were very respective.

Hey TT read an article in the local about all the injuries you have to your top line players. Poor old Ian "Excuses" Denny cant take a trick. Same thing happened at the last club he coached..... Injury after injury after injury. Guess some coaches are just plain unlucky, although I do recall that he usually managed to pull together a near full strength squad when he played the bottom teams:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hey TT read an article in the local about all the injuries you have to your top line players. Poor old Ian "Excuses" Denny cant take a trick. Same thing happened at the last club he coached..... Injury after injury after injury. Guess some coaches are just plain unlucky, although I do recall that he usually managed to pull together a near full strength squad when he played the bottom teams:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Have to laugh.

Your from a mob hanging on by a thread, that requested to be demoted.

You will find every excuse under the sun to justify your clubs situation.

If Ian is guilty of making excuses about sitting equal 2nd on the ladder, then I know which camp I'd rather be in.

As for coaches at Sunny Heights, 6 coaches in 5 years, at least we know who is coaching us next weekend.....

Please do share your enlightened perspective, you and your mates have single handily, ran your club into the ground. I hope you enjoy your reunions in the future. They will have to be during cricket season, just so Ainsworth is seeing some action.

All the best.

Have to laugh.

Your from a mob hanging on by a thread, that requested to be demoted.

You will find every excuse under the sun to justify your clubs situation.

If Ian is guilty of making excuses about sitting equal 2nd on the ladder, then I know which camp I'd rather be in.

As for coaches at Sunny Heights, 6 coaches in 5 years, at least we know who is coaching us next weekend.....

Please do share your enlightened perspective, you and your mates have single handily, ran your club into the ground. I hope you enjoy your reunions in the future. They will have to be during cricket season, just so Ainsworth is seeing some action.

All the best.

TT he makes some good points PC are shocking under performers - they really need to stand up this year when the finals come around! GBF50 are you really giving s**t to TT your team is a joke!!

TT he makes some good points PC are shocking under performers - they really need to stand up this year when the finals come around! GBF50 are you really giving s**t to TT your team is a joke!!

Not sure what my team has to do with it. I was just stating a fact. Ian is a very unlucky coach and injuries seem to be the major reason.
A quick google search will back up my comments

First it happened in 2011
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cky-road-in-wrfl/story-fn53kl7r-1226113909127

St Albans coach Ian Denny acknowledged his side was struggling, pointing to an overcrowded casualty room as pivotal in the Saints' downfall.

"Injuries to key personnel is starting to take its toll I think," he said.

St Albans has been hit hard by late-season injuries, Denny revealing the match committee was forced to make 10 changes to its senior side that beat Spotswood.

Then again in 2012
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-in-division-1/story-fn53kl7r-1226345789721

Denny's side was eliminated in the first week of finals last season, but after a 0-3 start to the season they face an uphill battle to qualify for the top five.

"We've struggled to cover injuries and unavailabilities, I suppose," Denny said.

"It's just been a bit disappointing. In all honesty, I think our confidence is down and it's probably knocked us around a bit, so we need to try and find a way to get back.

"We've got a handful out at the minute, and they're pretty important to us.

"We get a few back this week, so it might improve us a little bit."

And this season he has managed to steer P Cook to 9 and 2 despite an unlucky run with injury

“We’ve got five games to go, so, hopefully, we’ll get a few players back from injury over the next two or three weeks,” he said.

“We’ll work hard over the next three weeks and get a bit of an understanding of who is going to be in our team.

“We’ll play our best team in the lead-up to the finals to try to finalise things.”

- See more at: http://www.starweekly.com.au/sports/point-cook-bulldogs-need-top-troops/#sthash.3x2cvQMW.dpuf

If he could somehow avoid the injuries he would be an absolute super coach!!

Anyway I will be back of to the WRFL threads now:)

Not sure what my team has to do with it. I was just stating a fact. Ian is a very unlucky coach and injuries seem to be the major reason.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cky-road-in-wrfl/story-fn53kl7r-1226113909127

St Albans coach Ian Denny acknowledged his side was struggling, pointing to an overcrowded casualty room as pivotal in the Saints' downfall.

St Albans has been hit hard by late-season injuries, Denny revealing the match committee was forced to make 10 changes to its senior side that beat Spotswood.

Then again in 2012
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ng-in-division-1/story-fn53kl7r-1226345789721

Denny's side was eliminated in the first week of finals last season, but after a 0-3 start to the season they face an uphill battle to qualify for the top five.

"We've struggled to cover injuries and unavailabilities, I suppose," Denny said.

"It's just been a bit disappointing. In all honesty, I think our confidence is down and it's probably knocked us around a bit, so we need to try and find a way to get back.

And this season he has managed to steer P Cook to 9 and 2 despite an unlucky run with injury

“We’ve got five games to go, so, hopefully, we’ll get a few players back from injury over the next two or three weeks,” he said.

“We’ll work hard over the next three weeks and get a bit of an understanding of who is going to be in our team.

“We’ll play our best team in the lead-up to the finals to try to finalise things.”

- See more at: http://www.starweekly.com.au/sports/point-cook-bulldogs-need-top-troops/#sthash.3x2cvQMW.dpuf

At least the papers are interested in what he says.

And to think with your research skills that no one is interested in what you have to say.

Instead of killing 10 mins potting a bloke that your not fit to carry bags for, maybe you could have been spending some time and effort fixing your club.

Maybe you bite the bullet and take advantage of the new facilities at dempster park. At least you won't have to worry about them beating you next year.

That is of course if a side chooses to go up.

Last edited:

Then again in 2012

3 articles on injuries (and the second ones only half / half) in 5 years ??

9 - 2 isn't a bad year, it's far better than ZERO wins ??

Seeing that they are sitting equal second, I would assume most sides would be classified as 'bottom teams'.
I feel you may be a little peeved at a VAFA club getting so much publicity in a WRFL rag.
Seeing as though you have so much time to search local paper articles, when was the last time they spoke to a Sunny Heights coach about how they ahve been going during the season, other than if and when they should be relegated to Div 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back