D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Box Hill will stay in the top 4 for the finals. Here's hoping they can pull off an upset or two and sneak into the GF. Big game this week, with a rematch in two weeks?

http://www.vafa.com.au/latest-news/editorial-beware-the-relegation-battle/

Sholly - cmon

That makes sense, then why the two 11 team comps with final six, "fixtures" that are completely lopsided and a final six system that give no actual reward for finishing top 2.
Again all is dandy in the Premier Divisions, as it should be, but some pre planning and thought given to anything below C would easily prevent the current debacle.
If for instance Ladder at current stage, Can't win, and for some reason West B lose, Cant's reward, is not guaranteed promotion as would happen in a 4, but rather a Prelim against the 2nd finishing side.

How out of touch is dear old Sholly.

By the way my previous query stating Hawthorn as the best side in the last 45 years should have read the best Amateur side in the last 5 years.

http://www.vafa.com.au/latest-news/editorial-beware-the-relegation-battle/

Sholly - cmon

That makes sense, then why the two 11 team comps with final six, "fixtures" that are completely lopsided and a final six system that give no actual reward for finishing top 2.
Again all is dandy in the Premier Divisions, as it should be, but some pre planning and thought given to anything below C would easily prevent the current debacle.
If for instance Ladder at current stage, Can't win, and for some reason West B lose, Cant's reward, is not guaranteed promotion as would happen in a 4, but rather a Prelim against the 2nd finishing side.

How out of touch is dear old Sholly.

By the way my previous query stating Hawthorn as the best side in the last 45 years should have read the best Amateur side in the last 5 years.
Sorry meant 4-5 years

Masala vs Parkside
North Brunswick vs Westbourne
Canterbury
vs South Mornington
Box Hill North vs Point Cook
Manningham
vs Chadstone

Pt cook vs box hill locked in!!
Massive blow by box hill today??
Massive to see this game on a neutral ground

Box Hill too good today.

hard to beat at Elgar. Believe they went undefeated there this year.

In what was a tough conclusion to our week, i'd like to thank the Westbourne football club for their understanding and joining to honour our Club Legend, Peter Dowsett, on the weekend. Your team Club was very accomodating to our request of a minutes silence and it was great to see everyone, including Pete's family, in attendance and paying their respects respectfully.

To top the day offthe two games were played in great spirit, and although the results didn't go our way, it was a special day that Pete would have been proud of.

I'd also like to thank all those amongst you for your messages of support.

In what was a tough conclusion to our week, i'd like to thank the Westbourne football club for their understanding and joining to honour our Club Legend, Peter Dowsett, on the weekend. Your team Club was very accomodating to our request of a minutes silence and it was great to see everyone, including Pete's family, in attendance and paying their respects respectfully.

To top the day offthe two games were played in great spirit, and although the results didn't go our way, it was a special day that Pete would have been proud of.

I'd also like to thank all those amongst you for your messages of support.

Sorry to hear about the loss Ange. It's always sad to see great clubmen pass; the one's that give & then give some more in local footy are too few & far between. Condolences to all at the North Brunswick family & of course Peter's family.

Cheers
Cookie

Box Hill Nth are definitely the smokie for the finals even though the D4 scribe has Canterbury by how far. The boys from BHN have certainly come good at the right end of the season.

Could Point Cook go out in straight sets? Will the eventual finals venue (or more importantly - the size of it) have an impact?

Box Hill Nth are definitely the smokie for the finals even though the D4 scribe has Canterbury by how far. The boys from BHN have certainly come good at the right end of the season.

Rate box hill very highly! Westbourne and Canterbury will be watching that game closely sweating on who they played week 2 of finals I would think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone care to put up there team of the year? Midfield and forwards should be fairly straight forward. Intrested in seeing who the top backmen are.

Have any coaching moves been confirmed in D4 yet. Will Schwabby stay on at Chadstone especially with Eley Park back in D4? Manningham usually advertise as part of club rules, but is Jack staying on?

Has anyone any info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back