D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ruck Machine said:
Week 2 of the finals could be played on a Sunday. Meaning 7 & 8 day breaks.
Took the words out of my mouth..

Did Michael Sholly park in your car spot or something Red Ross?

All things considered, since it's Brian Goodman that is the operations and the main man when doing allocations of finals grounds

Agree it doesn't mean much in the scheme of things, but surely any slight advantage should go in a scale sliding down, not to the 3rd and 4th sides.

It is what it is, and no Sholly didn't park in my spot. You are probably right it should fall at Benny's feet.

Benny's a Muppet

Any interesting coaching or player retirements from the weekend from the bottom five? I noticed Morrison from Cobras being carried off whilst out at Parkside.

My tip is for westbourne to take out the final with ease over canterbury as they are the better team. theres been a #29 playing in the ressies for westbourne most of the year theyve been holding him back to use as a secret weapon once finals come up in the forward line. #6 from ressies will also be put up to give them plenty of run in the wing these are 2 x factors cantebury wont have and they arent up to them as it is now

You might be on the money with the result, but holding back players for a season.......pls.

Unleashing blokes in the finals that haven't been playing with the team all year, having a laugh.

"Yeah mate that's right I'm playing D 4 ressies all year, but they will let me off the chain in the big dance". You'd be a pretty good club man to agree to that.

You'd think larger grounds come finals might suit PC and Westbourne. But 15/16 is a good season in anybody's book. And if BHN's best play out of their skins who knows.

Fixture showing a top 4 finals series...

Just quietly south mornington tanking their 1s and loading up their 2s for finals?? Results from masala game suggests that

They've been doing that all season.

Any interesting coaching or player retirements from the weekend from the bottom five? I noticed Morrison from Cobras being carried off whilst out at Parkside.

Yeah Boofa and Wood retired. Both terrific guys (Especially Boof, and he's also a previous club captain) who I'm sure will stay around the club.

Be interesting to see if anyone can upset Canterbury and Westbourne in the finals. Reckon PC in the 1s and 2s are a very good chance, and whilst Parkside beating Westbourne is unlikely I think they'll push them very close in the 1s.

Fixture showing a top 4 finals series...

Just quietly south mornington tanking their 1s and loading up their 2s for finals?? Results from masala game suggests that
Old Geelong are infamous for going for a cheap two's flag. Sadly, when you walk into a club and see that sitting up on a wall in isolation (i.e. no senior flag), speaks volumes about the calibre and culture. Feel for the boys who have played most of the year and wont get a run. Little incentive to hang around I would have thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hudson and Johns both outstanding against Canterbury on Saturday
Johns goes to sleep in the blowouts and rises to the top when the heat is on. Heard some severe injuries to key Canterbury players in what was a hard physical game which is shame, you want the best at there best in August/September. Grannies are invariably won by clubs with the shortest injury list.

You might be on the money with the result, but holding back players for a season.......pls.

Unleashing blokes in the finals that haven't been playing with the team all year, having a laugh.

"Yeah mate that's right I'm playing D 4 ressies all year, but they will let me off the chain in the big dance". You'd be a pretty good club man to agree to that.

You'd think larger grounds come finals might suit PC and Westbourne. But 15/16 is a good season in anybody's book. And if BHN's best play out of their skins who knows.

lol yeah u sound all talk stick to drinkin ya 6 stubbies and 3 meat pies on ur couch mate

Lowden done for the year? Very physical on Saturday, maybe a taste of finals football??

We'll see. Hurt himself during the warmup, so not really related to the physicality of the game. It was a pretty physical warmup I guess.

"After just missing the finals in 2015" MC coaching ad. Only once won against a team above it, finished 3 wins behind 6th and 6 wins behind fourth - if it had of been a four. Fairly big call for a very poor season.

Schwabby - are you going around again, saw the ad, but is it a constitution thing to advertise?

Seniors
Canterbury v North Brunswick - Canterbury by 8 goals
Point Cook v Box Hill - Box Hill by 2 goals
Westbourne v Parkside - Parkside by 1 goal

Ressies
Canterbury v North Brunswick - Canterbury by 5 goals
Point Cook v Box Hill - Box Hill by 4 goals
Westbourne v South Mornington (Seniors) - Westbourne by 5 goals

Seniors
Canterbury v North Brunswick - Canterbury by 8 goals
Point Cook v Box Hill - Box Hill by 2 goals
Westbourne v Parkside - Parkside by 1 goal

Ressies
Canterbury v North Brunswick - Canterbury by 5 goals
Point Cook v Box Hill - Box Hill by 4 goals
Westbourne v South Mornington (Seniors) - Westbourne by 5 goals

Tipping the 65 point turn around by Parkside... At least you have stuck your neck out...

Canterbury 4 goals
Box hill 10 points
Westbourne 7 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back