D4 D4 Section - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils_Advocate

Draftee
Sep 8, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Bad news for Parkside today with Gresham advising them that he will be unable to suit up in the big dance with his ageing body letting him down once again.poor bugger has only managed to play 12 or so games in 2 years including 6 this year due to this problem.
Could be it for him sadly

So, where does the truth lie? Given you've absolutely denied the written word of the Ammo's - Have they lied? Not seeing too many shades of grey in - "2.A request for investigation about that was lodged by Point Cook."
No investigation or action was requested to be taken by PCFC. Make of that what you will, I gave my explanation, if you choose to believe otherwise then that is up to you. I really don't care.

Scoobiesnack

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2008
victoria
AFL Club
Fremantle
TT, Any chance we can get you to have a quick look over our team sheet tomorow just to make sure we dont make the same mistake twice?
(Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Moving on.

Good luck to Parkside. Have been fantastic through the finals. And proved many people wrong, including myself.
I think it will be a cracker game.
Hopefully Canterbury get the chocolates.
Good luck to Michael and the boys.
Yep, Hummerston needs to let a bit of air out of the noggin but apart from his constant dry rooting of the cobras form, the boys deserve to finish a great season.
Canterbury by 29 points

TT, Any chance we can get you to have a quick look over our team sheet tomorow just to make sure we dont make the same mistake twice?
(Tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Moving on.

Good luck to Parkside. Have been fantastic through the finals. And proved many people wrong, including myself.
I think it will be a cracker game.
Hopefully Canterbury get the chocolates.
Good luck to Michael and the boys.
Yep, Hummerston needs to let a bit of air out of the noggin but apart from his constant dry rooting of the cobras form, the boys deserve to finish a great season.
Canterbury by 29 points

I had a look.

Michael Sholly, Brian Goodman and the legals had ourselves a lunch over 15 bottles of sponsors wine.

Your good to go, Canterbury on the other hand

El Alto

Draftee
Aug 30, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Congratulations to both clubs on their promotion from what I still reckon is the toughest division to get out of.

Parkside to win a close one having found form at the right time.

HumphreyBBear

Premium Platinum
Jul 23, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thanks half back dasher - it looks like being a massive couple of days. All pretty happy down at the Snakepit. Whatever happened to BigDog69? Overratedbury? Maybe not. Parkside were really good today and played the game in a great spirit. Thanks to all the stalwarts on this thread for the entertainment during the season, good luck next year to you all.

Go Cobbies!

HumphreyBBear

Premium Platinum
Jul 23, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Bad news for Parkside today with Gresham advising them that he will be unable to suit up in the big dance with his ageing body letting him down once again.poor bugger has only managed to play 12 or so games in 2 years including 6 this year due to this problem.
Could be it for him sadly
Good try but we didn't believe this for a minute. He would have played on one leg if he had to. And he assured me after the game that he'll be going round again next year so he's not quite finished yet.

Number 9

Debutant
Jan 15, 2009
Greensborough
AFL Club
Essendon
LaTrobe heading to D4, how will they compete in the competition?
Unless the VAFA do a backflip, La Trobe will be staying in D3, and with Canterbury and Parkside going up, will play in a 12 team comp in 2016.

Eley Park coming down makes D4 a 10 team comp (unless they let another team in....again).

The other question mark is St. Francis! After a year in Clubbies, if they have rebuilt, should they come back in to D4 or back up to D3 where they abdicated from a fortnight out from the start of the season?

Either way, I hope they do something that will get rid of the bloody byes!

Cosmo21

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2011
Collingwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Unless the VAFA do a backflip, La Trobe will be staying in D3, and with Canterbury and Parkside going up, will play in a 12 team comp in 2016.

Eley Park coming down makes D4 a 10 team comp (unless they let another team in....again).

The other question mark is St. Francis! After a year in Clubbies, if they have rebuilt, should they come back in to D4 or back up to D3 where they abdicated from a fortnight out from the start of the season?

Either way, I hope they do something that will get rid of the bloody byes!

St Francis is an interesting case having gone to clubbies from D3 not D4 as others have. They dominated cubbies and I really think the VAFA should have done more to keep them in D3.

Red Ross

Senior List
Apr 29, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
If going to have a 12 team comp, then it should be D4, maintain a final six.

Bottom two out of d3 down and only Canterbury up.

Change the 6 to 1&2 straight to Prelims, and 3-6 playing elimination finals. 10 team comps with a final 4 should be the aim as far down the divisions as possible.

La Trobe will be competitive as they were the victim of the uneven fixture, played the top 4 twice whereas as other mid field sides not so much.
St Francis should be rewarded with promotion to Clubbies Div 1, see if they can string two years of results together. For the angst they caused so close to season start should not be welcomed back with open arms. But probably will be.

HumphreyBBear

Premium Platinum
Jul 23, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder if the VAFA would consider promoting 3 clubs from Div 4 and relegate 2 from Div 3, leaving 12 sides in Div3? I would suggest Westbourne would jump at the chance and would be well suited to contend in D3. It seems extremely unfair to suggest that Parkside would not be promoted. Surely they have earned the right?

Just looking at the ladder it seems that EPS and Latrobe are well below the rest and would appreciate a drop in standard (without knowing the first thing about either club).

Mounzer11

Team Captain
Dec 8, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I wonder if the VAFA would consider promoting 3 clubs from Div 4 and relegate 2 from Div 3, leaving 12 sides in Div3? I would suggest Westbourne would jump at the chance and would be well suited to contend in D3. It seems extremely unfair to suggest that Parkside would not be promoted. Surely they have earned the right?

Just looking at the ladder it seems that EPS and Latrobe are well below the rest and would appreciate a drop in standard (without knowing the first thing about either club).

Two teams will always go up. No team will be promoted if they do not finish in the Top 2 - the only exception being Kew a few years ago where they looked to make D3 a 12 team comp for the first time. Three went up and 1 came down.
All new teams coming into the competition (even from Club XVIII) start in D4 - no exceptions.

Peptide

Senior List
Sep 1, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If going to have a 12 team comp, then it should be D4, maintain a final six.

Bottom two out of d3 down and only Canterbury up.

Change the 6 to 1&2 straight to Prelims, and 3-6 playing elimination finals. 10 team comps with a final 4 should be the aim as far down the divisions as possible.

La Trobe will be competitive as they were the victim of the uneven fixture, played the top 4 twice whereas as other mid field sides not so much.
St Francis should be rewarded with promotion to Clubbies Div 1, see if they can string two years of results together. For the angst they caused so close to season start should not be welcomed back with open arms. But probably will be.
Go to a final five system - four week finals series. it is crazy rewarding teams whose Home and away record is average. Yes i know that Northern and Nth Brunswick did well from 6th, but they shouldn't have been there.

hansie

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2006
Outeniqua Mountains
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd, Miami Dolphins
Two teams will always go up. No team will be promoted if they do not finish in the Top 2 - the only exception being Kew a few years ago where they looked to make D3 a 12 team comp for the first time. Three went up and 1 came down.
All new teams coming into the competition (even from Club XVIII) start in D4 - no exceptions.
Add Canterbury this year to this mounzer. Vafa asked us to go up as 3rd place in d4 last year on eve of this season when SFX went **** up.

It would have to be BHN or NB.

After the finals, they finished higher than Westbourne.

Peptide

Senior List
Sep 1, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
MC coach has quit the club. Interesting given that he was reappointed weeks ago and the ad on the VAFA website was purely to serve the clubs constitution.

Maybe they should take it seriously and actively and thoroughly search each year if forced to advertise OR change the constitution and only advertise when required.

InFineForm

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2006
Hawthorn East
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
MC coach has quit the club. Interesting given that he was reappointed weeks ago and the ad on the VAFA website was purely to serve the clubs constitution.

Maybe they should take it seriously and actively and thoroughly search each year if forced to advertise OR change the constitution and only advertise when required.

You'd need to be aware of some of the history of the club to understand why the constitution was changed to 'require' the position be advertised every 2nd year. It never hurts to 'go-to-market' to see what is out there in the coaching market.

Having seen why Jack is leaving it's pretty easy to understand why the decision was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back