D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Out guys! Over the Post is lurking and waiting to shut down this thread! Especially if we discuss happenings from the West!.
We better move the conversation to your side of town RM!

How are you guys shaping up?

Heard anything about your neighbors?

The travel argument is rubbish.

All clubs that are apart of this comp are aware of this before joining.

As a club from the west, we are happy to play competitive footy and a 40 min trip or travel 25 mins for rubbish.

The current structure is fine.

Leave it as it is

It's much easier to analyze teams that are just a few minutes from your door step.
Point cook is only a few years young, and before this time all football lovers at the club including myself would have been at other (wrfl) clubs.
There are players from Westbourne that we have both played with and against for years.

Updating us on key signings IS relevant and very useful information for the whole competition.

For a little update from the kennel tho, strong numbers in the first weeks of training, with around 60 different people in attendance, including many that had left the club after its finals campaign in 2013

It's much easier to analyze teams that are just a few minutes from your door step.
Point cook is only a few years young, and before this time all football lovers at the club including myself would have been at other (wrfl) clubs.
There are players from Westbourne that we have both played with and against for years.

Updating us on key signings IS relevant and very useful information for the whole competition.

For a little update from the kennel tho, strong numbers in the first weeks of training, with around 60 different people in attendance, including many that had left the club after its finals campaign in 2013

What do you think about WG and Point Cook only getting to play once TT?
Not great considering both sides should be strong this year going on recruits etc. Obviously Point Cook have picked up a few quality players and the jnr players coming through.
Expecting your boys to leap frog a few and be top 3.
Your thoughts?

What do you think about WG and Point Cook only getting to play once TT?
Not great considering both sides should be strong this year going on recruits etc. Obviously Point Cook have picked up a few quality players and the jnr players coming through.
Expecting your boys to leap frog a few and be top 3.
Your thoughts?
Things moving in the right direction for both clubs I think.

Should be a cracking year. You blokes have added 5 or 6 really quality players, so you should have some good depth. We have got back a few too.
I was surprised to see that VAFA took that second game from the draft fixture.
Both clubs have raised with VAFA. Vafa have realised they have made an error. But after the schmozzle with the fixtures last year, they don't want to make changes as clubs have based functions on certain dates. I know we have.

Has anyone heard anything about Sth Mornington? I was hearing they were in crisis meetings a few months ago.

My.lilydale look like coming back strong.

And will be interested to see how masala and parkside go.

Chaddy with another year under schwabby, Canterbury second time up and Manningham and BHN improved on previous years.

Any news on Nth Brunny?

Yeah I think its done now so we move on. Cant keep changing the fixture. Should be another cracker game played in good spirit again.

Where do Masala play?

Nth Brunny are a much better list than their position on last years ladder suggests.

Sth Mornington is a bus trip. Thats all I know. Ha.

Yeah I think its done now so we move on. Cant keep changing the fixture. Should be another cracker game played in good spirit again.

Where do Masala play?

Nth Brunny are a much better list than their position on last years ladder suggests.

Sth Mornington is a bus trip. Thats all I know. Ha.

Masala out at Noble Park - We have them Round 1.

This year is interesting again, with new clubs and sides - you never know what to expect.

Personally I was a little bit disappointed that the Dragons defected back to the SFL, as after a volatile first year, I thought that they assimilated well to the VAFA culture and would have built on their results. 12 team competition would have been much better than the 11 we now have.

Hopefully Parkside who come with a bit of a rough reputation, play the game hard but fair. I know the VAFA have been working with all new clubs to make them aware of the culture of the Ammos.

We have Mt.Lilydale and South Mornington bus trips - some people think these are bad things, but our blokes love getting on a bus, having a tough hit out, which in the past has been, and then a rowdy bus trip back. The trouble is finding an accommodating bus company that allows froffies on the bus, and one preferably with lino floors so you can easily mop it up when your done!

Really enjoy the competitive games we usually have with Manningham, we have a bit of a rivalry with Box Hill North - ruck machine loves to hate us!

We get along really well with Nth Brunny, and before West Brunswick went up, them too. The fellas at Chadstone are good value with Schwabby and Boots etc (nicest bloke in the vafa)

Canterbury came in and added value straight away.

And then there is Westbourne. Whilst we have a lot of people that know each other, its a great little rivalry, that has sparked from one of the fiercest practice games I have ever watched two years ago. Fair but tough and that has carried onto each other game. genuine 8 point games.

I hope the VAFA scraps any idea of regionalising, as it will take away a lot of the above. We all joined the ammos knowing that there is travel, and if we had to come up against D1 clubs to try and win a flag, it would kill the great clubs in D4 that are all building for something more. We all want to go up, but not thrown to the wolves.

Masala out at Noble Park - We have them Round 1.

This year is interesting again, with new clubs and sides - you never know what to expect.

Personally I was a little bit disappointed that the Dragons defected back to the SFL, as after a volatile first year, I thought that they assimilated well to the VAFA culture and would have built on their results. 12 team competition would have been much better than the 11 we now have.

Hopefully Parkside who come with a bit of a rough reputation, play the game hard but fair. I know the VAFA have been working with all new clubs to make them aware of the culture of the Ammos.

We have Mt.Lilydale and South Mornington bus trips - some people think these are bad things, but our blokes love getting on a bus, having a tough hit out, which in the past has been, and then a rowdy bus trip back. The trouble is finding an accommodating bus company that allows froffies on the bus, and one preferably with lino floors so you can easily mop it up when your done!

Really enjoy the competitive games we usually have with Manningham, we have a bit of a rivalry with Box Hill North - ruck machine loves to hate us!

We get along really well with Nth Brunny, and before West Brunswick went up, them too. The fellas at Chadstone are good value with Schwabby and Boots etc (nicest bloke in the vafa)

Canterbury came in and added value straight away.

And then there is Westbourne. Whilst we have a lot of people that know each other, its a great little rivalry, that has sparked from one of the fiercest practice games I have ever watched two years ago. Fair but tough and that has carried onto each other game. genuine 8 point games.

I hope the VAFA scraps any idea of regionalising, as it will take away a lot of the above. We all joined the ammos knowing that there is travel, and if we had to come up against D1 clubs to try and win a flag, it would kill the great clubs in D4 that are all building for something more. We all want to go up, but not thrown to the wolves.[/QUOTE]

Make sure your club writes to VAFA to get this stupid regionalisation suggestion knocked on the head. If no one objects it will get through & in the process destroy what we have which is fair. Travel is fine with all clubs and part of the VAFA culture. Many div clubs have voiced their disapproval already. Join in or be sorry - Chadstone v St Leos etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have voted no.

I would be staggered if any D3 or D4 club voted yes.

Why would you want to be competing with clubs that are 2-3 grades above you?

Why would players want to play?

It would take away the incentive of winning games of footy with your mate's and force clubs into other leagues, to play competitive football.

Travel factor..... Its no issue for Point Cook and Westbourne, and we have to endure it every second week. Our closest rival is nth Brunswick from there.

One thing is for sure, our players would rather travel to play a competitive game of footy in a great league for free at a great club than play in a local league where they might earn a buck but play in a s**t competition - most likely at a s**t club.

Pretty happy to be playing in the VAFA. Its a choice. A point of difference and a far better option in its current state than those presenting themselves in our area.

I hope everyone votes, and votes no, as a yes vote would spell the end of the great rivalries and competition that we currently have.

After a stint in the country leagues lads where BigFooty is but an annoying hindrance, I'm back!

Looking forward to being an obsessive contributor to this forum over the course of year. I won't reveal my allegiances, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Good luck for the year lads!

CC

AT VAFA CONFERENCE ON SAT. QUITE AN LOT OF TIME SPENT ON PUSHING AND BUMPING A PLAYER ATTEMPTING A MARK RULE"
pushes, bumps, blocks, holds an opposition Player or
deliberately interferes with the arms of an opposition
Player, who is in the act of Marking or attempting to
Mark the football;
THIS HAS BEEN ON THE BOOKS FOR "FORTY YEARS BUT HAS NOT BEEN POLICED" WE WERE TOLD, BUT IT WILL BE FROM NOW ON

ALSO WE WERE TOLD THAT A THIRD MAN UP IN THE RUCK AT A BOUNDARY THROW OR BALL UP AROUND THE GROUND COULD NOT BE BLOCKED HE MUST BE ALLOWED HIS RUN THE SAME AS THE RUCKMAN, I THOUGHT "THIS MUST BE WRONG SURELY" BUT NO AGAIN RULE
f) pushes, bumps, holds or blocks an opposition Player
who is contesting a bounce or throw by a field Umpire
or boundary throw in;
THIS WAS QUESTIONED AND CONFIRMED CLEARLY THAT THE THIRD MAN UP MUST NOT HAVE HIS RUN BLOCKED,
IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THIS RULE NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT THE RUCKMAN OR THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS THAT CAN GO UP FOR THESE CONTESTS, AND YES I HAVE SCOURED THE BOOK AND THIS IS THEN ONLY REF TO THIS CONTAINED IN RULE 15.4.5 [f]
AGAIN IS IT JUST ME BUT FROM THIS READING AM SIDE COULD HAVE 5 OR MORE PLAYERS CONTEST BOUNDARY THROW IN OR FIELD BALL UP AND NONE OF THEM COULD BE BLOCKED.
LET ME ASSURE YOU THERE WERE MANY CONFUSED FACES AT THE LECTURE NOT JUST MINE. READ TO RULE FOR YOURSELF ON AFL WEBSITE/ UMPIRES/RULES OF THE GAME. THE REF GIVEN TO US,AND I WOULD WELCOME YOUR COMMENTS

Any news on South Mornington? How are they going for numbers etc.
Same with Lilydale, coming back up?
Looking forward to round 1, we head out to Manningham which after our last contest, should be a cracker!

Very quiet in here! A couple of years ago this thread was bursting at the seams with posts laced with preseason positivity and murmurings.

Lets here your predictions lads, send us your top four?

Canterbury
Manningham
Westbourne
Box Hill

Couple of very good players from Manningham seeking clearances - Muller (kicked 5 in their final) and Wolfgramm (40 goals) - both going to EDFL - is it same club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back