D4 D4 Section - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd need to be aware of some of the history of the club to understand why the constitution was changed to 'require' the position be advertised every 2nd year. It never hurts to 'go-to-market' to see what is out there in the coaching market.

Having seen why Jack is leaving it's pretty easy to understand why the decision was taken.
IFF I Agree with you - but he was appointed prior to the ad going out so my question is that if advertising is required then shouldn't the appointment come after the ad has closed, just in case a more attractive candidate comes along?

As i said, if you HAVE to advertise then give the process due respect.

Potting the process, not the club. Now there's no coach, no plan, and the ad closed a month ago.

IFF I Agree with you - but he was appointed prior to the ad going out so my question is that if advertising is required then shouldn't the appointment come after the ad has closed, just in case a more attractive candidate comes along?

As i said, if you HAVE to advertise then give the process due respect.

Potting the process, not the club. Now there's no coach, no plan, and the ad closed a month ago.
In truth I can't argue with anything you've said as I'm not directly involved with the club any more, so I don't know the sequence of events. There shouldn't be any formal announcement of the continuing coaching appointment until such time as the ad had closed.

Although there is every likelihood (and justifiably so) that the coach has had a tap on the shoulder to tell them that there is no problem continuing.

Any coaching moves or confirmations? How's the MC situation? Is Schwabby going around again? Bueller . . .

Well done - gun player.

It will be very interesting as a playing coach how Tom's "expenses" will get up to the 7-10k mark.

Seriously - I realise that this comment is a bit tongue in cheek; but do you really think that any senior coach (D4 or otherwise) isn't paid at about $1 per hour to get 7K over a year? And it comes at a cost to their paid employment, their relationships (social & home life) etc. I know they get something out of it, but my hat is off to anyone who puts up their hand to do this job. They sure as hell aren't doing it for the money.

If imagine he'd have a good run in the club raffles this year. Wouldn't be rushing to buy tickets this year.

*tongue in cheek

you might want to check the vafa rules on payment to playing coaches from memory clubs are only allowed to pay $1500 a season on the other hand I think it is what the clubs can afford for non playing coaches

you might want to check the vafa rules on payment to playing coaches from memory clubs are only allowed to pay $1500 a season on the other hand I think it is what the clubs can afford for non playing coaches
Obviously been amended recently, but in essence you're correct. There is no allowance to pay for coaching, but a reimbursement (on provision of documentation) of out-of-pocket expenses. How judiciously the VAFA enforce this I have no idea.

Playing Head Senior coaches may be reimbursed by the Club for out of pocket expenses actually incurred in connection with the coaching services (not exceeding a total of $2,500 per season) upon production of documentation evidencing the expenses incurred. Where dual Coaches are employed, the reimbursement of expenses up to $2,500 is an aggregate sum to be shared between them.

http://www.vafa.com.au/club-info/amateur-status/

Anywhere we can see confirmed sides for 2016 and should we start a new thread?
Bit early for a lock in as to the make-up of D4.

IMO, and with no defections, D3 will return to a 12 team comp with Canterbury and Parkside going up and Eley Park coming down and making D4 a 10 team comp.

The only question is what will the VAFA do with St. Francis if they want back in after a year in Clubbies. Once again IMO, if this is the case, I'd put them straight back in to D3 which would mean La Trobe coming down which then creates the dreaded uneven competition again which I am not a major fan of.

With pre-season starting tonight for our mob, I agree with Schmutt and think we should get a new thread up. Anyone else starting??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd think the 10 team should run down as low as possible and unfortunately the rest in D4.

In regard to St Francis they can have another run in Clubbies, put them up a division, and if want two teams, have another in clubbies 2.

For what they did should be no easy way back. Agree D3 if want back in.

For final draw expect one shortly with changes just as son as have locked in major club functions.

If La Trobe come down they will be pretty competitive.

I'd think the 10 team should run down as low as possible and unfortunately the rest in D4.

In regard to St Francis they can have another run in Clubbies, put them up a division, and if want two teams, have another in clubbies 2.

For what they did should be no easy way back. Agree D3 if want back in.

For final draw expect one shortly with changes just as son as have locked in major club functions.

If La Trobe come down they will be pretty competitive.

There is no chance of St Francis going into D3, if they decide to play in the main comp then will have to start in D4.
The VAFA is not like the suburban comps where they plonk new teams in where ever they see fit - all teams must start in D4.
There have been many cases where teams have come across from A Grade in other leagues and have started in the lowest grade. Mazenod is one and maybe Marcellin were another - both had to start in F Grade.

You are most likely correct, but St Francis slightly different in that have never left the VAFA.

I think most understand this, but it would have a fair stench that if a club in the eve of a season pulls the pin all because it looked like it was going to be a bit tough for year, is then "penalised" by being put in Club XVIII (Flag), followed by D4 when they might be up and about again.

Maybe what is being suggested is more equitable, go back to where you withdrew from and if you struggle for a year so be it, just not rewarded for taking an easy out previously.

If St . Francis get back up the ONLY option is div 4.

They played cubbies last year and the next step is div 4.

Putting them in Div 3 would be a slap in the face to every club that competed in Div 4 last year

If St . Francis get back up the ONLY option is div 4.

They played cubbies last year and the next step is div 4.

Putting them in Div 3 would be a slap in the face to every club that competed in Div 4 last year
Agreed. You drop out, you need to climb the ranks again. Especially with the feeder school and resources they have it is obviously poor club management that got them to the stage where they could only field one team.

Agreed. You drop out, you need to climb the ranks again. Especially with the feeder school and resources they have it is obviously poor club management that got them to the stage where they could only field one team.

Agreed. You snooze, you lose. Must drop to D4.

anybody got any early news on the draw? i heard one rumored first round match up but i went on the vafa site and their not up so I'm guessing it's all conjecture at this point, itching for some footy news

Round 1
Saturday, Apr 09
Box Hill North vs. Point Cook Elgar Park
Eley Park vs. Mt Lilydale Whitehorse Reserve
Manningham vs. Westbourne Grammarians Koonung
Masala vs. North Brunswick WJ Turner Reserve
South Mornington vs. Chadstone Citation Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back