Dad's Army

Remove this Banner Ad

We are going to have a lot of players retire over the next 2-3 years. Petrie, Harvey, Waite, DalSanto, Grima, Firitto, Wells, Gibson, Higgins and Hunter.

All of the above players are 29+ next year with a few well into their thirties and worst still is that all will be starting 22.

Bringing in Waite will cost us Levi. The Hun reported today that Levi wants $350,000 but we can't pay that because of what we are offering Waite. We are offering Levi about 270,000, what a joke. I will spew if he leaves because we couldn't afford the other 80,000 a year because we brought in an injury prone nut ball who gets suspended a lot.

Waite and Higgins will not help us win a flag, all they are doing is taking up salary cap space and a position.

We were one game away from the granny and while our prelim performance was abysmal, ask yourself this, would Waite and Higgins have made a difference?

Wood>>>>>>>Waite
Wright>>>>>>Higgins

Pay Greenwood what he's worth, we already lack players with his agression and go after Michael Talia or Ryan Schoenmakers to play CHB instead.

I say we already have enough Dad's the in the team we don't need an army of them.

Completely disagree with everything you've said here, also Higgins is only 26. How do you know that is the situation with Greenwood? All due respect but you don't. He may sign at Syd Barker night or it might be a completely different reason why he's not signed yet, ie Pickering wanting more than he's worth or more years. As of next year Waite will still be a better player than a 1-game Wood and besides they play different potions/roles in the side. Also, Waite and Higgins take the place of blokes like Anthony, Wilkins etc who either didnt play this year or are not AFL-standard footballers. Its important that the 22-28 ranked players on the list are good and capable of contributing if/when they are called upon.

Ok Greenwood has not signed but has not requested a trade which starts real soon.

Other than that you are asking the wrong questions.

Would Waite and Higgins have got us a couple more wins in H&A this year? Would we have busted open a couple more teams for huge percentage boosting wins?

Are the club happy with the KPP stocks we have invested years in?

Are the club happy with the development and output of outside types like McKenzie?

We are going to have a lot of players retire over the next 2-3 years. Petrie, Harvey, Waite, DalSanto, Grima, Firitto, Wells, Gibson, Higgins and Hunter.

All of the above players are 29+ next year with a few well into their thirties and worst still is that all will be starting 22.

Bringing in Waite will cost us Levi. The Hun reported today that Levi wants $350,000 but we can't pay that because of what we are offering Waite. We are offering Levi about 270,000, what a joke. I will spew if he leaves because we couldn't afford the other 80,000 a year because we brought in an injury prone nut ball who gets suspended a lot.

Waite and Higgins will not help us win a flag, all they are doing is taking up salary cap space and a position.

We were one game away from the granny and while our prelim performance was abysmal, ask yourself this, would Waite and Higgins have made a difference?

Wood>>>>>>>Waite
Wright>>>>>>Higgins

Pay Greenwood what he's worth, we already lack players with his agression and go after Michael Talia or Ryan Schoenmakers to play CHB instead.

I say we already have enough Dad's the in the team we don't need an army of them.

so you are trusting the Hun for your info, a big :thumbsu: for you.;)

let's for argument sake say the Hun is on the money, which I strongly doubt.

what is Greenwood worth? will we see the 2014 Greenwood over the next two years or will it be the version that spent two years playing VFL football? I hope it is the 2014 version, but one good season is all it has been so far, I would offer a two year contract on whatever money the club think is appropriate. If that is not enough I would trade him out, he may be at his best trade value ever (last year he was steak knives) and we have Demont sitting in the wings.

The thought of Higgins running around in a North jumper brings back bad memories of Sam Power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mods, please move this into the 'wild, baseless speculation' megathread

It's funny how you are quick to say it's baseless, why are you so confident? What info do you have to say it's baseless? At least I referenced an article

Wood>>>>>>>Waite
Wright>>>>>>Higgins

in three years, all of these will be under 32 at the start of season 2017.

B S.Thompson J.Tippett S.Wright
HB J. McMillan L.Hansen L.McDonald
C S.Gibson A.Swallow S.Atley
HF M.Wood A.Black J.Ziebell
F L.Thomas M.Daw B.Brown
R T.Goldstein L.Greenwood B.Cunnington

Interchange from: R.Tarrant R.Bastinac B.Jacobs A.Mullet K.Harper C.Delaney B.McKenzie T.Curran G.Taylor T.Dumont K.Turner S.Higgins L.Adams (I did remove some I think should be gone)

looks like a Dad's Army to me:rolleyes: Only four are over 30 (Bolded), but then I did not count on Boomer still being around so let's make it five with Boomer:D

and there will be how many FAs and Draft Picks between now and then?

Wood>>>>>>>Waite
Wright>>>>>>Higgins

Sorry Bigeasy, while agreeing with a most of what you said in that OP, you lost me when you suggested we try to recruit Schoenmakers. He is a spud. Was even getting stitched up in the VFL Grand Final by a multitude of Bulldogs. DO NOT WANT.

As I said in another thread, I think he club sees a 3 year window to win a flag before GSW/GCS get going.

Don't be suprised to see Bastinac/Greenwood and other 20-24 year old blokes traded for vets.
More like Scott knows hes got 2 years left for a flag or he's out. He speaks about "organic growth" while rolling the dice with injury prone could-of-beens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back