Daggy Parent Music | Guilty Pleasures

Remove this Banner Ad

My old man was a Phil Collins fan, lots of In the Air Tonight, Billy Don't You Lose My Number and Sussudio. Also quite a bit of Simon and Garfunkel for that matter.

Billy Joel absolutely at home because my Mum ran the record player in the house. So now you can add Springsteen, Elton John and Cat Stevens.

Fleetwood Mac didn't get much of a run but I know the folks liked 'em.

My old man was a Phil Collins fan, lots of In the Air Tonight, Billy Don't You Lose My Number and Sussudio. Also quite a bit of Simon and Garfunkel for that matter.
My old man still is a Edvard Greig, Hall of the Mountain King type, my Mum is the Hot August Night/Fleetwood Mac type.

My old man stillis a Greigg, Hall of the Mountain King type, my is a Hot August Night/Fleetwood fan
Yeah we had a Peer Gynt suite binge at one point... also Peter and the Wolf!

Billy Joel absolutely at home because my Mum ran the record player in the house. So now you can add Springsteen, Elton John and Cat Stevens.

Fleetwood Mac didn't get much of a run but I know the folks liked 'em.

Billy Joel and Yellow Brick Road got so much rotation in my house it's not funny, sensuously it's not.

What awful music did you grow up with or continue to enjoy?

My old man loved Dolly Parton which I remember on long trips. Talk about it.

Hey, I loved Coat of many colours.
Competed with my daughter on Abba (she hated that I liked what she did), now got the grand kids listening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are blessed. I love Fleetwood Mac, Neil Diamond, Queen, early Billy Joel, Bruce Sprinsgteen etc!!!!

My dad listed to effing Harry Secombe..........FFS! :mad:
Well there was this fascination he had with Dan Fogelberg, but I try not to remember him for his flaws... :p

You guys are blessed. I love Fleetwood Mac, Neil Diamond, Queen, early Billy Joel, Bruce Sprinsgteen etc!!!!

My dad listed to effing Harry Secombe..........FFS! :mad:

We all wish we had cool dads Kirb.

Your dad is probably ironically cool whereas as our parents are certified.

We all wish we had cool dads Kirb.

Your dad is probably ironically cool whereas as our parents are certified.
My old man went to the West Indies on a cricket tour with the Australian Lawyers team in 1977 for a 6 week tour and he came back with a perm, wearing a kaftan and beads, and listened to endless reggae and steel band music.

I was so proud. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back