Daggy Parent Music | Guilty Pleasures

Oct 28, 2006
MT OLYMPUS
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Olympiakos, McLaren
Hahahah. Great topic.

I have fond memories of Dolly Parton from a young age. They don't involve her too much of her singing.

As a youngster I remember my old man, a guy who could barely speak English back then, loving the boss, willie Nelson and wait for it, Julio englesias (spelling). Starry starry night.

You guys are blessed. I love Fleetwood Mac, Neil Diamond, Queen, early Billy Joel, Bruce Sprinsgteen etc!!!!

My dad listed to effing Harry Secombe..........FFS! :mad:
We copped plenty of Harry, Roger Whittaker too.
Edward Woodward, Tubular Bells, Don Ho's Tiny Bubbles, Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass,
Bing "goddamned" Crosby, America, Boston, Moody Blues, Janice Ian, anything at all by the Stone, The Who.....

I was lucky looking back,my parents had such a wide ranging taste in music....
A lot seemed to crap at the time, but most has stood the test of time....some dates horribly but still holds some potent nostalgia.

Thanks Mum and Dad.

Last edited:

Used to love hearing this and still do

Thread needs to go alongside, not merged with, the What are you listening to thread in the nest...in time.
Start a YouTube posting war.....

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I copped Cher, Madonna and the Pet Shop Boys from my Mum so loud the windows shook from her record player. Humiliation is not the word when the whole street can hear that blaring from your house!

Janis Joplin, Bob Dylan and love hearing Johnny Cash and June Carter - I love music movies John Cash Walk the Line is my favorite, loved The Doors movie with Val Kilmer and Almost Famous with Kate Hudson - great flicks

We copped plenty of Harry, Roger Whittaker too.
Edward Woodward, Tubular Bells, Do Ho'd Tiny Bubbles, Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass,
Bing "goddamned" Crosby, America, Boston, Moody Blues, Janice Ian, anything at all by the Stone, The Who.....

I was lucky looking back,my parents had such a wide ranging taste in music....
A lot seemed to crap at the time, but most has stood the test of time....some dates horribly but still holds some potent nostalgia.

Thanks Mum and Dad.

My mum was a big fan of Herb Alpert, Julio Iglasius, Frank Sinatra, Willy Nelson and Frank Aznavour spartan-magpie

My big brother used to counter with a salvo of Paul Young. I had no idea how much he looked like Ricky Gervais in Derek, but there you go.

I love music movies John Cash Walk the Line is my favorite, loved The Doors movie with Val Kilmer and Almost Famous with Kate Hudson - great flicks
Walk The Line is good, but Almost Famous is on another plane. :)

My parents were not much into music. Mostly classical. Music was mostly ABBA from my sisters. When I got my own radio, I became the black, long haired, sheep of the family
As a role model myself now I have tried to keep my son away from my musical taste . Hint his name is Lars, 2nd name James.

My mum loved all the musical movie sound tracks and she'd sing along with them.:rolleyes:

Loved Roberta Flack and Boz Scaggs - thanks for those guys.
Also loved Bette Midler, Joe Cocker, Elton John

I've got a couple of boxes of LPs that I'll be unpacking soon and I'm looking forward to rediscovering some old favourites.

Back