Dale Thomas megathread (very bumped, see post #1072)

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to Melbourne v Bulldogs game today.
Spoke to a guy I know there who barracks for Melbourne.
No idea whether to believe him, but he reckons he had a chat with Jimmy Buckley last week.
The word is that Daisy is not liked at all at Carlton by the players there.
In saying this I do not hold a grudge against him.
It was his last big contract & Carlton produced an offer he could not refuse.
He actually looked after us knowing that his body was shot and robbing Carlton.
I cannot see him getting another contract there after the current one.

No idea whether to believe him, but he reckons he had a chat with Jimmy Buckley last week.

Why would he be? He's their highest paid player to do f**k all, all because he's daddy's little boy. And that's how people will remember him, which is quite sad when you think about it, for what could've been a standout career.

He was great for us, killed it in 2010, in the top 5 players in the league, but got too cocky after 2010/2011, and couldn't put his head back into it.

but got too cocky after 2010/2011, and couldn't put his head back into it.

A familiar story with a lot of ex Pie players from that era.

I'm sure the current coach was aware of it in some form because this is what he had to say when speaking of Pendlebury;

"He's had to face self doubts, he's had to push the little man off his shoulder that's saying 'maybe not today, maybe I don't have to do these extras, maybe I can give this one percenter a miss, the ice-bath or the diet or the sleep', but he's pushed through those.

"We all have them, but he's pushed through them."

That's the difference between Daisy and Pendlebury and always will be.

insertpendlespushingdaisyoverlol.jpg

I'm sure the current coach was aware of it in some form because this is what he had to say when speaking of Pendlebury;

Love this post :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sums up my theory about the "rock star" mentality we suffered as a club after 2010.

Dont feel sorry for Daisy this is the same bloke who undermined Buckley and walked around the club and whistled the Blues song

**** him never should be welcomed back to the club he is a Carlton man now and forever
Dale Thomas 157 games and flag at Collingwood.
20 games at Carlton.
Always will be welcomed back after he severs ties with Cartoon.

Last edited:

I thought that statement was about Fasolo's improvement and selection?

Ive heard the same thing. He doesnt associate with anyone outside the club because he ia disliked

Zero chance they offload Daisy unless they pay around $400k per year of his salary. Otherwise he has zero trade value on his current pay packet.

That's what I said, all their players who have some kind of value are on huge money and would have to pay to get rid of them.

Mick may go but his gift to Carlton will continue for a few more years, Daisy and his bloated contract, Eddie Betts playing the best footy of his career elsewhere, it's just great

Daisy has found out the hard way that if you take a big contract, then you are under intense pressure to justify it.
He isn't a $700,000 a year player & he knows it. The decision to take the money & run will make him wealthy, but it will haunt him for the rest of his life.
You think Peter Moore regreted his decision to leave the Pies after he retired? Daisy will regret his decision tenfold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a flog.

I never forget him saying a week before he went to Cartlon that kids who supported Collingwood and were throwing out their # 13 jumpers were probably doing it a bit prematurely. Actually said that on radio and I must admit i thought 'ok he might stay' but to then sign a week later suggested to me he had known all along and was literally just being a smart a$se. Carlton could have him after that. Yep footy is a business but dont be a smart ar%e to all the kids that went to your clinics at the Pies and bloody lauded you.

As for where to from here. God hasnt he come off the cliff. $600k pa to sometimes to sit in a forward pocket at Cartlon and do stuff all.......yeah cant understand why players and fans wouldnt like him.

He is a flog.

I never forget him saying a week before he went to Cartlon that kids who supported Collingwood and were throwing out their # 13 jumpers were probably doing it a bit prematurely. Actually said that on radio and I must admit i thought 'ok he might stay' but to then sign a week later suggested to me he had known all along and was literally just being a smart a$se. Carlton could have him after that. Yep footy is a business but dont be a smart ar%e to all the kids that went to your clinics at the Pies and bloody lauded you.

As for where to from here. God hasnt he come off the cliff. $600k pa to sometimes to sit in a forward pocket at Cartlon and do stuff all.......yeah cant understand why players and fans wouldnt like him.
He knew that Adams will be a star, he was trying to do the kids with #13 one last favour

Daisy has found out the hard way that if you take a big contract, then you are under intense pressure to justify it.
He isn't a $700,000 a year player & he knows it. The decision to take the money & run will make him wealthy, but it will haunt him for the rest of his life.
You think Peter Moore regreted his decision to leave the Pies after he retired? Daisy will regret his decision tenfold.

Not sure that is even true. Decision may cost him money in the long run. He has lost cache for being a footy personality and the various possibilities that holds post career. Collingwood had promoted his career heavily and he could have built on that. He now looks likely to be just another ex footballer looking for a day job in a few years. We all need cash flow and if he doesn't get another income source post career the nest egg he has hopefully built will whittle away. Pretty hard to drop away from a big income and curb spending.

I think he has been badly advised along the way. Pretty sad really.

Last edited:
Poor kid for growing up knowing his dad is a rich flog? ;)

On another note. Looks like I have received a like ban after visiting their gloating thread. Oh no, what ever will I do?

They have a gloating thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back