Prediction Dale Thomas to dust off the Save Our Mick petition

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness I think SOS will look hard at this Daisy deal as one of the major stuff ups of their list management history. He is Carlton's highest paid player and just cannot delivery. He is not and never was a player that should be the highest paid player in the team. He has a 4 year contract so 2 more years after this one so not much SOS can do immediately however you would expect he would have to take a massive pay cut after 2017. And to think the Blues could have kept Betts if they didn't waste so much money on him.

In all seriousness I think SOS will look hard at this Daisy deal as one of the major stuff ups of their list management history. He is Carlton's highest paid player and just cannot delivery. He is not and never was a player that should be the highest paid player in the team. He has a 4 year contract so 2 more years after this one so not much SOS can do immediately however you would expect he would have to take a massive pay cut after 2017. And to think the Blues could have kept Betts if they didn't waste so much money on him.

The Betts snub in particular would burn in Carlton fans hearts you'd think whereas Daisy not only didn't hurt us by leaving he helped with that pick upgrade to nab Scharenberg which I imagine will look pretty good.

Thomas is already 28 I think so by the time he's 30 he might not even get another contract. He'll never be revered at Carlton and has burnt some bridges at Collingwood. Worst. Career Plan. Ever.

Mick to get the sack this year... It will be seen that Mick and Carlton have decided to part ways but really the Carlton board are already planning for life post Mick and cleaning out his locker.

Daisy to play out the next 2 years then get offered a significantly lower contract.
Will approach Collingwood and ask us to take him back like an ex girlfriend.
Offer him a rookie list spot. Play him as the sub if he gets games.

If you believe Mick and Christi.......

I don't. I guarantee you right now, Mick would have gone to Ed at the end of 2010 asking for a renegotiation on the succession plan and Ed said no. Which completely explains Mick's demeanour and behaviour during 2011. Because if he NEVER discussed it with Ed and still behaved that way? That makes him an even more horrible person than I already thought he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm...thanks for posting, so according to the article MM put a stop to it and told the player to get behind the new man.

Comes off as extremely virtuous. Didn't want to destabilise the 2011 season, ergo I guess his appearance on The Footy Show which presumably was all about hosing things down.

Daisy has shown poor judgement in a number of areas. The whole MM thing, even defending him now at Carlton when no one really cares anymore, or even worse, no one is really interested. That's how passé the issue is. The Blues are just biding their time before sacking Mick. It's a matter of when, not if. And to have Daisy limping around in the background, reminding everyone of the mistake they made in letting Betts go. Like wow! What a blunder. I am not gloating at Daisy's injury, or failure to get his body right. I am just pointing out the ridiculousness of the whole pathetic situation. It's sad really, and more than a little embarrassing for all involved.

What a terrible mess Dale Thomas has got himself into.

He must wonder day & night how his exceptionally bright career ended like this. He will wither away the rest of his career with absolutely no hope of team success, with a club that doesn't really want him, supporters that resent him and worst of all, no real football home for the rest of his living days.

What a waste. What a fool.

What a terrible mess Dale Thomas has got himself into.

He must wonder day & night how his exceptionally bright career ended like this. He will wither away the rest of his career with absolutely no hope of team success, with a club that doesn't really want him, supporters that resent him and worst of all, no real football home for the rest of his living days.

What a waste. What a fool.

I disagree.

If his foot wasn't as bad as it is he'd be ok. His bright career has been plagued by injury.

I for one will never forget his final series in 2010 particularly the first gf. He carried the entire team on his shoulders hat day. If it hadn't been for him we'd be 35 yrs without a premiership. 'Bob Rose medallist of 2010.' And I will always say that at his peak.. he was more enjoyable to watch than swan and pendlebury. I will never resent him for those reasons.. i would go as far as to say that he was our most importsnt player in the spiritual sense.. players come and go.. its what they do when they're here that matters most.

I disagree.

If his foot wasn't as bad as it is he'd be ok. His bright career has been plagued by injury.

I for one will never forget his final series in 2010 particularly the first gf. He carried the entire team on his shoulders hat day. If it hadn't been for him we'd be 35 yrs without a premiership. 'Bob Rose medallist of 2010.' And I will always say that at his peak.. he was more enjoyable to watch than swan and pendlebury. I will never resent him for those reasons.. i would go as far as to say that he was our most importsnt player in the spiritual sense.. players come and go.. its what they do when they're here that matters most.

What exactly are you disagreeing with?

'If his ankle wasn't bad he'd be ok' - but it isn't.

And even if it was, he'd still be at a club with no outlook of team success, without MM.

I agree his career at Collingwood was bright. That is THE point.

In the end Dale got much more cash than he was worth. If that makes him happy that's OK. But it came at the cost of his reputation, sure he helped deliver a flag but he will probably be remembered more as a washed up hack now, when he could have been much much more.

I disagree.

Sorry but that's bollocks. He left for more money at our most bitter rival. He is traitor and deserves everything he gets.

There was an article a few weeks ago with a Carlton insider saying they could have afforded both, they just weren't willing to pay Betts his market value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back