Prediction Dale Thomas to dust off the Save Our Mick petition

Remove this Banner Ad

fair enough.. griffin ablett frankin thomas all not forgiveable.. not to me. when he wore the black and white for that short period of time.. i liken it to haleys comet.. beautiful to watch for that brief moment in time and unoforgettable. so thomas i still love ya mate.. thx for wearing the jumper.

Often when great champions recall their playing career they say that the club owes them nothing and that they are grateful for being given the opportunity. Pendlebury is in that class, Thomas is not and never will be.

Often when great champions recall their playing career they say that the club owes them nothing and that they are grateful for being given the opportunity. Pendlebury is in that class, Thomas is not and never will be.

Yes Pendlebury is in that class.. but what makes you think he doesn't have underlying reasons for playing out his career at the one club? Becaise of loyalty etc.. i beg to differ. Just love em for doing what they do when theyre out there.

Yes Pendlebury is in that class.. but what makes you think he doesn't have underlying reasons for playing out his career at the one club? Becaise of loyalty etc.. i beg to differ. Just love em for doing what they do when theyre out there.

Plenty of players still play for the club.

Who would take him considering the size of his contract?

I reckon Carlton will be willing to pay part of his contract. If he can play some decent footy he may have some appeal to a club on the brink. Even Cooney got a chance at the Bombers.

Plenty of players still play for the club.
Pendlebury is marketing his name as well for financial gain.. Thomas moved over to Carlton to do the same.. as the saviour.. had it come off hed have made bucket loads.. no doubt visy would have jumped on board. we mustn't forget players play for a lot off reasons not only loyalty. family reasons and finacial gain. i dont care who does what.. as long as my club benefits from it.. and how can you hate thomas.. he's put the blues firther into the s.. and we gained pick 10.. hes actually enhanced the clubs reputation and destroyed carltons even more.. thomas is a double agent. gotta love him for that.

You guys do know that dale was pretty open about being unsure of his future after afl and the move to carlton was as much about money as it was everything else. They are paying him 800k regardless, we offered something like 550 into 750 with matches played. I no what I would pick if I was trying to earn the most in the shortest time possible. he's still a nob, but this lessens the nob factor. :D

I reckon Carlton will be willing to pay part of his contract. If he can play some decent footy he may have some appeal to a club on the brink. Even Cooney got a chance at the Bombers.
Cooney can still play;)

I don't actually see the point of them unloading him. They won't get anything of much value anyway. And as you say, paying part of his wages. What a terrible mess the whole situation is:D

You guys do know that dale was pretty open about being unsure of his future after afl and the move to carlton was as much about money as it was everything else. They are paying him 800k regardless, we offered something like 550 into 750 with matches played. I no what I would pick if I was trying to earn the most in the shortest time possible. he's still a nob, but this lessens the nob factor. :D
A lot of factors at play.. as long as the club's reputation stays in tact.. thats my concern. the black and white.. the colors.. matters most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We mustn't forget a football player is a job as well.. this loyalty business only forms a part of it. We have all changed jobs for financual gain.. what gives us the right to bag the crap out of someone for doing what weve all done. Thomas can do as he pleases.. what i will always be greatful for is what he did whilst he was out there in the black and white.. no doubt he heard all our voices in the outer.. as he show boated running down the wing making a mockery of the opposition.. he played for us. ill never ever hate him.

We mustn't forget a football player is a job as well.. this loyalty business only forms a part of it. We have all changed jobs for financual gain.. what gives us the right to bag the crap out of someone for doing what weve all done. Thomas can do as he pleases.. what i will always be greatful for is what he did whilst he was out there in the black and white.. no doubt he heard all our voices in the outer.. as he show boated running down the wing making a mockery of the opposition.. he played for us. ill never ever hate him.

He carried on like a massive dildo before he left - wagging his finger at Bucks, no doubt party to the petition, talking about jumpers in bins. Got a bit Jake King.

It's his right to leave and it's fans right to think he's a flog for carrying on and not factoring club loyalty into his decision. If you make it about the cold cash nexus, that's how it's perceived with unsurprising consequences for all.

I disagree.

If his foot wasn't as bad as it is he'd be ok. His bright career has been plagued by injury.

I for one will never forget his final series in 2010 particularly the first gf. He carried the entire team on his shoulders hat day. If it hadn't been for him we'd be 35 yrs without a premiership. 'Bob Rose medallist of 2010.' And I will always say that at his peak.. he was more enjoyable to watch than swan and pendlebury. I will never resent him for those reasons.. i would go as far as to say that he was our most importsnt player in the spiritual sense.. players come and go.. its what they do when they're here that matters most.

Probably not a popular opinion...but I'd take him back...

It's almost hard to watch Thomas play these days, not because of the way he left Collingwood, but he just seems to run around in circles now without a clue and has no impact on games. It's hard to watch. 2010-11 he was probably in the top 5-10 players in the league. Yes injury has cruelled him but geez he'd be lucky to be in the top 200 players now. Enjoy that Carlton!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back