Prediction Dale Thomas to dust off the Save Our Mick petition

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how people generalise things to make themselves and their opinions the norm. Not everyone has changed jobs for money. Some people stay in jobs because they care about what they do, not just about money. This attitude absolutely shits me. You don't know that everyone would take more money, but because you would, your opinion is everyone would. And you do it to make yourself feel better about being driven by one factor, money. Open your eyes to other opinions and differing values. Not everyone is obsessed with money.

im not saying we are all motivated by money.. but it does play a big role though. particularly when the difference amounts to huge $s. legends captains brownlow medalists have all made the move for $s. and youd think these players are the ones setting the standards as far as loyalty and commitment goes.. truth of the matter is the lesser to average to good players are not being offered big bucks elsewhere and if they were made offers it wouldnt be overly as much as what theyre getting in the current contracts. mate if brownlow medalists captains legends are making moves then the theory that players arnt motivated by money is farsical.

Last edited:
im not saying we are all motivated by money.. but it does play a big role though. particularly when the difference amounts to huge $s. legends captains brownlow medalists have all made the move for $s.
Probably just as many legends, captains, brownlow medallists have all stayed for less money too.

I just believe were harping on the marriage break up between thomas and collingwood.. for the most part the marriage between the 2 was magic. going on about a couple of silly things he did.. don't know why we need to create a thread about it.. move on i say.

Severely diminished his potential earnings after football I'd suggest.

Daisy's worst decision was choosing surfing over surgery, wrecked his career

Insightful observations. Dale lacked the discipline to do the necessary to come back from injury, and aggravated the ankle. He hasn't been right since, and the damage has been compounded by a lack of fitness.

Sure we all change jobs for more money and opportunity, but footy isn't a standard job. It requires remarkable talent, which is rewarded with great privileges. But with privilege comes responsibility. The club gave Dale an opportunity for success that would have seen him move from footy into any number of areas. He was loved and revered, yet he replayed Collingwood by belittling Buckley and mocking the supporters. Then he crowned his perfidy by going to Carlton. Kirby likened him to Reek - so apt.

I don't think the money was the first thing on Dale's mind when he defected. It was the lure of Mickdom, and the chance to punish the club that had - in his warped view - disrespected his mentor. The pair can now reap the whirlwind.

Dale's career post footy may depend on how forgiving Collingwood is prepared to be. If he'd stayed with us he would have finished up cover in glory and still beloved of the Magpie Army. He'd have been a fair prospect for the media. All that's changed now, and he's just another bogan from Drouin.

Insightful observations. Dale lacked the discipline to do the necessary to come back from injury, and aggravated the ankle. He hasn't been right since, and the damage has been compounded by a lack of fitness.

Sure we all change jobs for more money and opportunity, but footy isn't a standard job. It requires remarkable talent, which is rewarded with great privileges. But with privilege comes responsibility. The club gave Dale an opportunity for success that would have seen him move from footy into any number of areas. He was loved and revered, yet he replayed Collingwood by belittling Buckley and mocking the supporters. Then he crowned his perfidy by going to Carlton. Kirby likened him to Reek - so apt.

I don't think the money was the first thing on Dale's mind when he defected. It was the lure of Mickdom, and the chance to punish the club that had - in his warped view - disrespected his mentor. The pair can now reap the whirlwind.

Dale's career post footy may depend on how forgiving Collingwood is prepared to be. If he'd stayed with us he would have finished up cover in glory and still beloved of the Magpie Army. He'd have been a fair prospect for the media. All that's changed now, and he's just another bogan from Drouin.

Well said.. but i dont think he went carlton with the intentions of playing out his career as a dud. Say he did play well.. the perks would have been just as great at carlton as they would have been at collingwood.

Well said.. but i dont think he went carlton with the intentions of playing out his career as a dud. Say he did play well.. the perks would have been just as great at carlton as they would have been at collingwood.

Yes - a costly miscalculation. It's odd, but we often stuff up when we act from malice.

Yes - a costly miscalculation. It's odd, but we often stuff up when we act from malice.
true.. think with your head.. then your heart. his inner circle may have led him on the wrong path. i feel as though he thought well $700k and ill play well.. so i think he was sufferng from delusions of grandeur.. got ahead of himself.. too much self confidence.

true.. think with your head.. then your heart. his inner circle may have led him on the wrong path. i feel as though he thought well $700k and ill play well.. so i think he was sufferng from delusions of grandeur.. got ahead of himself.. too much self confidence.

And now - how are the mighty fallen!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yes. Like that mythic analogy. He won't be parading in the ditch before the walls of Troy rattling his shield in footy terms ever again.

hes lost his mermidons as well by the looks of things and hes been strickened from every collingwood tablet.

Dale may well lick his wounds because his post footy career isn't what it should have been.

Could have paved his own way with the cache Collingwood gave him. Now he's just another ex-player, somebody we used to know.

This one, surely?

Dale may well lick his wounds because his post footy career isn't what it should have been.

Could have paved his own way with the cache Collingwood gave him. Now he's just another ex-player, somebody we used to know.

Yes, if it hadn't been for Mick's capacity to Bottle Up and Explode, then the Question Mark over his tenure at pricefixer park might have lingered for months longer. Instead, after being told he Can't Make A Sound, he took the Easy Way Out, decided Everything Means Nothing To Me, and now he can be picked up In The Lost And Found.

He'll probably call up Ed, shrug his shoulders and say Stupidity Tries, but I Didn't Understand and won't you please Say Yes... but while Ed would reassure him that Everybody Cares, Everybody Understands he can't merely go Oh Well, Okay when it's not as if we have a No Name No. 5 in the job currently, he's brought us much Happiness and we need to focus on Tomorrow, Tomorrow.

I'm a mountain that hasn't moved
I'm a river that is all dried up
I'm an ocean nothing floats on
I'm a sky that nothing wants to fly in
I'm a sun that doesn't burn hot
I'm a moon that never shows its face
I'm a mouth that doesn't smile
I'm a word that no one ever wants to say... Daisy

Loved daisy in 2011... Was probably up there as top 3 in the league.

But I have heard things which kinda suggest that he is just a lad and that's about it. Swan is a bit of a lad too, but swan has decency... Thomas is a spoilt little brat. To a degree crc probably didn't help that... We created a bit of a monster.

Well I had no idea he binned his jumper. I hate him for that.. but I don't hate him for leaving. He can do as he pleases. Thomas is no different to ablett franklin tippet griffin or judd. This so called loyalty family mateship argument being the reason why majority of the players stay at the 1 club im not buying into it. Truth of the matter is the majority of players who are of average or good standard prob wont get much more making a move to another club anyhow. And youd think if this loyalty mateship family business we hear players speak about in the media plays a big part in players playing their entire careers at the one club then why is it that these champion players are making a move. Truth of the matter is you flash the cash.. these players will move like flash gordon as a result. No different to any other job out there. If youre a pprofessional footballer youre working your butt of day in day.. its not as glamorous as we all make it to be.. its a job.

I do believe players are out there to get the best deal possible.

I have been classified as a wind up merchant.. all im doing is looking at both sides of the argument. And my argument is pro collingwood. It always will be. Why does someone who looks at the big picture get crucified on here.
It's not about hate. It's all about respect and whether or not we sympathise with his predicament. I have no particular feelings about the fact that he went to Carlton or about how much money he earns but the way he went about it is naturally going to mean that I will never respect him as a person nor have any sympathy. It's very much the way I feel about Mick. No grace, no diplomacy and least of all any semblance of responsibility for failure.

It's not about hate. It's all about respect and whether or not we sympathise with his predicament. I have no particular feelings about the fact that he went to Carlton or about how much money he earns but the way he went about it is naturally going to mean that I will never respect him as a person nor have any sympathy. It's very much the way I feel about Mick. No grace, no diplomacy and least of all any semblance of responsibility for failure.

Leave gracefully.. which is perhaps what he should have done. Kid may have been immature. Who knows. But the best way iv learnt to live my life is not holding a grudge. There is no harm done that way. To sympathize or envy someone only makes things worse. If we all forgave him.. he'd admit he was wrong or at the very least have a cry about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back