Dale Thomas vs Shane Edwards

Who will be better going forward?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

What? I don't even...

Both similar players. Similar numbers this year:

Edwards: 19 games, 20 goals, 17.4 disposals (8.6 contested), 2.6 marks, 3.1 tackles, 3.4 clearances, 1.8 clangers
Thomas: 19 games, 12 goals, 17.9 disposals (5.8 contested), 5.8 marks, 2.9 tackles, 1.2 clearances, 2.0 clangers

If Thomas was fit and guaranteed to have no major injuries for the rest of his career, of course you'd have to take him.

On current form (and salary wise), I'm happy with Titch but Thomas' best is significantly better than his - it's just a question of whether Thomas can recapture his best form. Titch is having a real purple patch of form but needs to find consistency (like him as a forward more than a mid if I'm honest).

Edwards. He's currently the better player and it's only a matter of time before Thomas gets injured again and has another setback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think I've seen anyone doubt he has more ability. The question is whether his body will hold up because this season, Edwards has probably had the better year. I agree fully fit it's not a contest.

Will Edwards body hold up? The future is the future and any player can wind up injured. Thomas is not just a class above Edwards, he is several classes above Edwards. You'd go with that every time in my books.

Will Edwards body hold up? The future is the future and any player can wind up injured. Thomas is not just a class above Edwards, he is several classes above Edwards. You'd go with that every time in my books.
Yes any player can wind up injured but players with a history of serious injuries, or injuries that have recurred, or multiple injuries, or an injury that lingered longer than it should tends to point towards less confidence in their body long term.

I have a lot more faith in the longterm fitness of Alex Rance than I do of say Dylan Grimes.

Yes any player can wind up injured but players with a history of serious injuries, or injuries that have recurred, or multiple injuries, or an injury that lingered longer than it should tends to point towards less confidence in their body long term.

Thomas' body doesn't have a history of breaking down. He has issues with an ankle that he looks to have overcome. What we know is Thomas is out playing football now and that having not played much footy for a couple of years and having very little preseason, he has to regain his form and fitness. From this point, it's up to the footy Gods what happens next with either of these guys bodies, in which case I'd go with the class of Thomas.

Back