Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

So are the Redskins Chadwiko

nope.

Lots of cap space, 7 draft picks, the first full offseason for RG3 and the offense together, new coach.

Not to mention teams will have tape on Foles and Chip Kelly now and will figure that team out.

Redskins will bounce back and win the division. And when it happens, this will be my reaction, *ation and all;

2Y1Mc.gif

Why are non-Dallas fans so sensitive about being challenged over it?

If you used comprehension skills you would see the debate is about whether the Frederick pick is still considered a bad pick irrespective of form purely because he may have still been there at #47, not whether it was a reach or not.

If teams reach and it pays off, then they get credit for their courage or for seeing something others maybe didn't see, not criticism because they could have had their cake and ate it too.

Collingwood reached to get Pendlebury. He was rated above their next pick so the point is probably moot, but if he wasn't could you imagine them still taking heat over taking him too early? They rated him more than others and made a good call.
Did you really just compare the drafting of Pendlebury (inarguably the best player taken in that draft) to the drafting of Federick?

Did you really just compare the drafting of Pendlebury (inarguably the best player taken in that draft) to the drafting of Federick?

Comprehension fail. Was Pendlebury rated the best player at the time he was taken? Was he ranked at #5? The Pies saw something that made them take him earlier than he was ranked. The point is he has earned his draft pick and nobody would dare question his selection as his output is all that matters.

I just think that perceptions of reaching are canceled out if players prove themselves because it ends up being an astute selection.

Ware is looking like he could be out as well. I honestly think they will keep him somehow, but there's been talks about him going :( .

Sounds like Miles Austin is out. A bit depressing really. Was a genuine star and recruiting fairytale a few years ago and then his body just fell apart.

First Dallas jersey I got has Austin's name. Lucky I have a Bryant one eh?

Ware is looking like he could be out as well. I honestly think they will keep him somehow, but there's been talks about him going :( .

How do you guys feel about Ware and his fit in the 4-3?

I know a lot of the downturn in performance is injury related, but the guy is probably best suited to be a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4. If you're sticking with the 4-3, it may make sense to trade him provided you get value. He's due a lot of guaranteed money though.

Sounds like Miles Austin is out. A bit depressing really. Was a genuine star and recruiting fairytale a few years ago and then his body just fell apart.

That's another great thing about sports… (yes, paraphrasing the Herm Edwards quote) in a team environment, the next guy up is Terrence Williams and he looks to have it in spades. Austin had his moment in the sun and good on him. Turns 30 before season starts. Will possibly be picked up as depth insurance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Jerry regrets sacking Tom Landry. In other news I really hope they don't trade Herschel Walker it would be catastrophic for the team.

Tuesday marks the 25th anniversary of Jerry Jones' purchase of the Dallas Cowboys.
Jones not only bought the team and Texas Stadium from H.R. Bum Bright for $140 million, but he also fired the only coach the Cowboys had ever known in Tom Landry.
With hindsight, Jones said on Sunday from the NFL scouting combine that he should not have jettisoned Landry at the time. The move proved correct with Jimmy Johnson coaching the Cowboys to Super Bowl wins in 1992 and '93, but Jones felt like he acted too impatiently.
"If I had a chance to do it over again I would've waited a year and just got my feet on the ground a little bit more and probably just gone with the staff that we had and then later made the ultimate change that I made," Jones said.
Bright offered to fire Landry, who oversaw three straight losing seasons, but Jones declined. Some long-time Cowboys fans and observers have not forgiven Jones for firing Landry.
"He did insist that, 'I should make this change. You shouldn't. You should have a clean slate. I will make the change,'" Jones said. "I wanted to and felt that it was pretty obvious that changes were being made because I was taking the team, and I wanted to look coach Landry in the eye, visit with him about that rather than having it done just through the actual purchase closing procedure that would normally come. But that would've been something that when I look back at hindsight, I could've taken Bum up on his offer to make those changes."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...grets-firing-tom-landry?ex_cid=espnapi_public

How do you guys feel about Ware and his fit in the 4-3?

I know a lot of the downturn in performance is injury related, but the guy is probably best suited to be a pass rushing OLB in a 3-4. If you're sticking with the 4-3, it may make sense to trade him provided you get value. He's due a lot of guaranteed money though.

He needs help with the pass rush and the injuries coupled with the loss of Lee just seemed to all mount on each other at once for Ware sadly. I don't think the change from 3-4 is not that much of an issue yet as there were so many other factors last season that could have attributed to his decrease in output.

You do make valid points though and he is on big dollars which are justified IMO but it is a really contentious issue right now with opinion divided. I would not trade him yet as he is our only Pro Bowl genuine pass rusher and deserves 1 more season to see what happens as he has well and truly earned it over the years, gee i could be wrong and breaks down again next season which will justify the doubters who want him gone.

Personally i think Ware bounces back to form with the whole defensive unit as last season was just a nightmare for us defensively and you get those years in this league. Really hoping we draft a beast of Pass rusher in the draft with our first pick!!!

Personally I reckon people make too much of defensive schemes in relation to it's effect on individual players. Most teams run combinations of 3 & 4 DL regardless of whether they're a 4-3 or 3-4.

Sure it sometimes has an effect but I would think Ware could be a great DE in either.

Agree with Chism's last comment too. Last year was a nightmare year for the D. As we saw with the Saints, you can turn it around pretty quickly without major personnel changes. We patched up the worst ever D over preseason, copped a heap of injuries early, promoted depth players & ultimately ended up with a more than competent D. This preseason we're clearing cap space with the overpaid players we don't need. I reckon Dallas would be smart to follow that model rather than the Atlanta approach (or Philly in previous years).

That's a different & more import story than suitability to schemes.

Austin I'd give up in a heartbeat. With Ware I'd need to crunch the numbers & see the other options to convince me.

Ware and Austin would completely wipe the $25M that we are over the cap.

Geez I'd miss D-Ware though.

I could not watch Ware run out for another team as it would be terrible! Even more so if he bounces to back to form and has a double digit sack season for someone else. :( :mad:

I could not watch Ware run out for another team as it would be terrible! Even more so if he bounces to back to form and has a double digit sack season for someone else. :( :mad:

Unfortunately thats the cut n' paste of the NFL… you think I enjoyed watching Rod Woodson leaving da 'Burgh?? I was mortified!! (Read: SHATTERED!! F*** You :mad:GM Tom Donahue). I'm sure many felt the same way… also not much different to James Harrison (totally different circumstances). I think one more year beckons (he's gonna be 32 ).

doesnt bother me that much to be honest, miles had one big year as the third reciever then got a ridiculously huge contract, never really played that well after although have some good games, injuries and consistency were his issues. i saw enough from williams last year to think he could step up and take his game to the next level, miles im not convinced with anymore.

doesnt bother me that much to be honest, miles had one big year as the third reciever then got a ridiculously huge contract, never really played that well after although have some good games, injuries and consistency were his issues. i saw enough from williams last year to think he could step up and take his game to the next level, miles im not convinced with anymore.

I don't think anyone is convinced with Miles. Losing him isn't the bummer, the fall from grace is.

Well, there goes Demarcus Ware. Sad day. Legend for the Dallas Cowboys but I guess it had to be done with the salary cap situation and his age and production slipping. We had the worst D in the league last year, I guess it won't make us worse! don't see how it makes us better either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back