Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn...didn't think Jerry would have it in him to make a tough call like that!!

Someone is going to be laughing when they pick him up on the cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am shattered and there goes my favourite defensive player. :(

I can understand it though with his recent decline in form and age considering the money he was due to get and he has been squeezed out, i just didn't want it to happen though! Interesting to see where he goes now and please do not sign with a team in our division.

I have a hunch he will go to the Packers.

This is a tough business and harsh calls need to be made so we can move forward as a team and this gives us leverage now as we are well under the Cap with Miles and Costa also released recently.

Sad Day. :thumbsdown:

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 1m
A couple quotes from Jerry Jones in an official release...
“A decision like this, involving a man who is a cornerstone player in the history of your franchise, is extremely difficult...
“After meeting this afternoon, DeMarcus and I agreed on an understanding that would allow him to explore the options he will have for the..
2014 season... We were also in very strong agreement that playing for the Cowboys would be one of the options we would both be exploring.

Cutting Miles and Ware will hopefully leave enough cap room to sign Dez and Tyron to long term deals.

Interesting what happens next.. with Ware looking to ride into the NFL sunset on a possible quest to finish his superb career with a bling.. and Anthony Spencer an unrestricted FA… leaves Tyronne Crawford as your only DE. Burning Q: Does Jerry pull the trigger to trade up to get Clowney?

I am shattered and there goes my favourite defensive player. :(

I can understand it though with his recent decline in form and age considering the money he was due to get and he has been squeezed out, i just didn't want it to happen though! Interesting to see where he goes now and please do not sign with a team in our division.

I have a hunch he will go to the Packers.

This is a tough business and harsh calls need to be made so we can move forward as a team and this gives us leverage now as we are well under the Cap with Miles and Costa also released recently.

Sad Day. :thumbsdown:

Rowan Kavner ‏@KavnerDC 1m
A couple quotes from Jerry Jones in an official release...
“A decision like this, involving a man who is a cornerstone player in the history of your franchise, is extremely difficult...
“After meeting this afternoon, DeMarcus and I agreed on an understanding that would allow him to explore the options he will have for the..
2014 season... We were also in very strong agreement that playing for the Cowboys would be one of the options we would both be exploring.

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully he comes back at a reduced salary but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll always remember him overcoming injury to get a vital Drew Brees sack late in that important win over the saints a few years ago

I don't think we sell the farm to get Clowney and this would be stupid IMO.

Draft a pass rusher with our 1st pick and go as normal. Henry Melton also being linked to us and he can fill a need for the half the price Ware was wanting.

Interesting times ahead as usual for us!!!

Ware will only be back if he tests the market and does not find a suitor but someone will pay him what he wants for sure. Happy he left on good terms and i wish him all the best.

That is mega money and no where near what we could offer.

3 years is a big contract considering his age and injury history but good luck to him and at least he is not in the NFC!

I am not going to revel in this, as I feel like one day the same thing is going to happen to Von.

I would be an he is a good player Blacky which you know! Yes we are sad to see him go and that is life in the NFL and i would love nothing more than to see Ware get a ring as he well and truly deserves it.

I just want him to play out his contract as he has been a bit banged up the last 2 seasons and the length of the contract and the $$$ you guys are paying it is a bit risky and can bite you in the arse in 2 years time but so can any contract i suppose.

Really happy we have Henry Melton. Quality player in my opinion.

Not fussed about Brandon Weeden though. I suppose he is just in case Orton retires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering what the Cowboy fans on this board feel with my mock draft to see what direction I should take it. I am sure most of you are aware of Romo's back condition http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/17/troy-aikman-remains-concerned-about-tony-romos-back/ and what that could mean for the Cowboys. With the worse defence in the league losing three of your cogs along the DLine, there is a long way to go to fixing the defence. At the same time it would be stupid to neglect offence expecting it to stay the same with no new investment or talent to breed. Considering you guys have gone through a tragic offseason with cap penalties and losing Ware (that bloody hurts), no cap room to make any new moves and not many draft picks to play around with you guys are sort of s**t out of luck this season.

You guys WILL find a diamond with your first pick, that's for sure. Personally I believe Donald would be a steal for you guys but on the day you guys should all be over the moon. The second round I went Robinson desperate to replace Austin. I know it isn't a major issue with how good your offense with but the more firepower the better. Could be the final cog to one of the greater offenses of this decade if you guys do come away with a good WR. I did feel desperate to replace Ware on day two and did go for Jackson Jeffcoat. He isn't perfect but he should be able to develop into a probowler. Steen isn't a sexy pick at the start of round four but with Romo injured at the moment and a lack of faith in your backups the more protection the better. I am hoping to get some more depth for defence to cover for possible injuries and a backup in offence.

Romo will determine how your season goes. If he is injured like I expected, I can see the Cowboys repeating the 2011 Colts with how important Romo is. You guys will get a steal with Mariota or Winston in the draft next year. If he remains healthy you guys should get into the playoff. On the bright side you guys can finally get rid of Garrett.

The second round I went Robinson desperate to replace Austin. I know it isn't a major issue with how good your offense with but the more firepower the better. Could be the final cog to one of the greater offenses of this decade if you guys do come away with a good WR. I did feel desperate to replace Ware on day two and did go for Jackson Jeffcoat. He isn't perfect but he should be able to develop into a probowler. Steen isn't a sexy pick at the start of round four but with Romo injured at the moment and a lack of faith in your backups the more protection the better. I am hoping to get some more depth for defence to cover for possible injuries and a backup in offence.

From what I have heard this draft is ridiculously deep for WR's. We seemingly already have our 3 starting receivers set up with Bryant & Williams, with Beasley in the slot. I don't know much about the draft though, so do you think we would still take a WR with our 2nd rounder instead of a 3rd or 4th rounder?

From what I have heard this draft is ridiculously deep for WR's. We seemingly already have our 3 starting receivers set up with Bryant & Williams, with Beasley in the slot. I don't know much about the draft though, so do you think we would still take a WR with our 2nd rounder instead of a 3rd or 4th rounder?
Talent Breeds Talent

Dallas do have a decent set of starters at WR however as it stands now I am not confident in it being one of the best passing offenses in the NFL. Terrence Williams had a good rookie season at WR and will be reliable in the future. Beasley does look decent in the slot as well. However other than them there is absolutely no talent on the roster. If one of them is injured Cowboys have no offense. There is also limited opportunity to rotate players to have healthy legs. You've said it yourself, this is a deep WR class. If a WR that would be drafted in the first round in any other draft drops to your second round pick, it's a no brainer for me to draft him. I believe he is a better player then Williams, more competition, healthier legs and superior four WR wide sets. The best offenses of all time all had numerous round 1 picks at WR from the 2000 Rams (Holt and Bruce), 1990 Bills (Reed and Lofton), 2004 Colts (Harrison and Wayne), 1998 Vikings (Moss and Carter) and the 2007 Colts (Moss and Welker). There has literally been only one WR that doesn't need a strong number two and that's Jerry Ricecake.

In the last few years having numerous offensive threats has gotten more popular. The Denver Broncos had Welker, 2x Thomas and Decker. Perhaps the strongest team of this decade the 2011 Patriots had Hernandez, Gronkowski, Branch, Welker, Ochocinco, Edleman and Faulk. It shows that having numerous top threats to spread the ball around to is what teams need to dominate in the NFL. Just have a look at the superbowl champions of this decade. 2010 Packers had Jennings, Nelson, Jones, Finley and Driver. 2011 Giants had Cruz, Manningham, Nicks and a few decent TEs. 2012 Ravens had Boldin, Smith, Jones, Pitta and Dickson. 2013 Seahawks had Boldwin, Tate, Harvin and Miller. Just look at the all time leaderboard for passing TD's in a season http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_single_season.htm to see how important it is to have numerous receivers.

By having numerous strong receivers on the team, a strong QB with a quality RB and Witten if the Cowboys added just one more quality WR they could have a strong season. All these players could work off each other, make each other better and Romos job easier to have a legendary season. You are 100% right in saying that the Cowboys have a good set of starting receivers but just a couple of good starting WRs doesn't cut it in the NFL. If you have a strong core of receivers and quality backups you will be left with a legendary offense all for the cost of a second round pick.

It is all over for Dallas with our schedule this season.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...me-Games/73bb7bae-1b89-4659-aff5-06a8cab906f1

Terrible way to finish off the year with only 2 games at home in the last 7 weeks to finish off the season and most are division opponents. We have been smacked at the business end of the season.

We also play the Giants on Sunday NIGHT then have to back up to play Philly only 4 Days later for thanksgiving which is actually 3 when you consider how late a Sunday night game finishes and fly home etc. We also have to play the Superbowl champs on the road and this is the third time in five years Dallas has played the defending champion – the Cowboys split a pair of games with New York in 2012, and they lost to New Orleans in 2010.

Brutal Brutal Brutal and we will be lucky to win 5-7 games i reckon.

Things never quite unfold as expected though. It's Dallas - we'll pinch some of the tougher ones and get blown out at Tennessee or something, all on the way to a showdown for the division in the final game at Washington! :p

Seriously. I seems like every year we finish with a bunch of division games. I really dislike that part of scheduling.

Not really Burningleviathan.. last season Dallas had just two divisional games in last five weeks / three in last 9 weeks.. Divisional games are across the board in Week 17 which is a smart move IMHO. In 2012, Dallas played one Divisional opponent (wk17) in the last four weeks. Seems I've debunked your theory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back