Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a great win. Our defense was amazing. We are not getting a lot of pressure on the QB but we are getting great coverage on the receivers. Didn't give Wilson a chance to break containment too often either. Smart game planning.

The one thing, and I harped on it last week, was we did our best to try and throw the game away with silly errors. A blocked punt, a dropped fair catch, a fumble due to an early snap (Phil Costa says hi). Murray even had a trademark fumble where he just lost control of the ball not being tackled but luckily it just fell out of bounds. It's the second week in a row after the NO game where we could of dominated if not for the turnovers. Not often you lose the TO battle and still win. We will need to clean that up going forward, especially if we want to make some noise at the end of the year.

Defensive stats comparison:

Yards Per Game:
2013 - 415.3 (32nd)
2014 - 342.5 (15th)

Points per game:
2013 - 27 (25th)
2014 - 21 (T-8th)

Yards per play:
2013 - 6.1 (30th)
2014 - 6.1 (29th)

1st downs per game:
2013 - 24.2 (32nd)
2014 - 17.0 (2nd)

3rd down conversion %:
2013 - 43% (29th)
2014 - 42% (16th)

I am a bit nervous about the Giants game and I don't know why. Coming off a huge win, playing a divisional rival. We have had a tendency to flop when we start to gain momentum, so I can just imagine a 27-17 loss to the Giants for some reason.

Yeah, the Eagles games are going to be massive.

They are the 2 wins i want most as well.

Even though we have a terrible record against the G Men at home i was always confident today we would knock them off with the way we are playing. Philly are a lot better team than the G Men on both sides of the ball though with a front defensive line that will test our OL.

I am confident i must say we will get 1 win from them as we split the series IMO.

Really proud of the player and leader that Dez had become.

For a while there I thought we were going to have another T.O on our hands, really pleased with him :thumbsu:
Easy when you're winning though. Lets see how he is after a couple of losses. Not saying he hasnt changed but when things are going well everybody is happy.

Romo &hearts

All of a sudden with the Saints looking bad, NFC east has 2 of the best 3 teams in te conference. Which week is the first matchup?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanksgiving is the first Philadelphia game.

Could be huge as we could easily be 9-2 going into that game, and the Eagles should be at a similar record, with a potential #1 seed throughout the playoffs at stake.

Either way, really happy with how the team are playing now, we are super thin and top heavy as a team but if we can avoid injuries to key positions we have some chance of a deep run which is nice compared to other years where we would only ever be making up numbers even if we won week 17.

I am so happy and i know today we had to work a lot harder but it was awesome to come back from Seattle and get the win.It would have been easy to lose after the massive win last week.But to get the win shows how far we have come and it does not get easier.Just keep showing guts and going hard and anything is possible.
Great to be showing up all the experts.Keep hating us cos we Love showing what a good team we are.

the offensive side of the ball is looking really good, options everywhere not just the stars in dez and murray with romo who is loving the running game and o-line, but its the 'role' players like williams, escobar, dunbar, randle, hanna and even witten is more a blocking role player compared to the go to tight end / receiver he has been all his career. and how good has been the three first round picks in fredricks, martin and smith on the o line.

defensively its looking good too, mcclain, church, durant, leary spencer, moore scandrick etc all hit hard and are playing well, while carter and lawrence are back this week and next to add some more strength and hopefully lawrence can get some sacks.

havent seen this team play as a team with real spirit in 20 years, and most importantly its a game plan thats sustainable in all conditions, against all opponents.

opponents are 1-5 (1 bye) in games after playing the cowboys, we hit them hard they stay hit... for at least a week.

Great result in the Cardinals v Eagles game!

Massive opportunity to get a 1 win lead in the NFC East (2 if you don't factor the bye).

This is the sort of opportunity we historically piss into the wind. Big test of the psychology of the group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back