Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

we all knew that was coming........

d let us down, gave up way too much in the second half, romo played really well, absolutely nailed a huge 4th and 1 under the ultimate pressure for a brilliant obvious catch by dez, two steps, change hands, reach for the endzone, no football move, yeah right, clowns. they targeted moore and i dont think he was up to it. hitchens has been the rough find of the year.

Beckham is not far off at all!! He reminds me so much of a young Dez at the same stages of their career it is uncanny.

Beckham is going to be a gun. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Other than Beckham having another 700+ yards and 7 or so touchdowns than Dez's rookie year they were identical seasons. :p

Beckham is a gun. No going to be unfortunately.

Re: Murray- you'd have to think twice re: giving him big money. He passed that 400 carry mark which usually spells doom.

I don't subscribe to the school that says that any RB would do what he did behind your line, but I'm also not sure you'll get the same murray from the first half of this season so it might be moot.

It's kind of weird with Dallas for me this season. They're one of the four teams in the NFL I hate (the others being the Patriots, 49ers and New England). Yet, I didn't begrudge them their good season, wouldn't have begrudged them if they had further success, and actually felt bad they lost last weekend even though GB is one of number of my "second teams". I'm not the only one to have this turnaround.

Well done for getting your **** together and having a good season. See you in the play-offs next year.

It's kind of weird with Dallas for me this season. They're one of the four teams in the NFL I hate (the others being the Patriots, 49ers and New England). Yet, I didn't begrudge them their good season, wouldn't have begrudged them if they had further success, and actually felt bad they lost last weekend even though GB is one of number of my "second teams". I'm not the only one to have this turnaround.

Well done for getting your **** together and having a good season. See you in the play-offs next year.

:drunk:

I would hate to lose Murray so hope there is some way we can keep him.Dez as well we need to keep these guys.And all the coaches did a great job so pay them Jerry so we can keep improving and make another run for it next season.

Put me in the "don't think we will be able to keep Murray" camp.

It's just not a good use of the cap space. If push comes to shove, I'd rather keep the O-line together and hope we can find someone else to run through the holes they create. Not sure about Peterson considering his off-field antics but if he truly has "want to play for Dallas" on his bucket list, he might come at a discount.

Have to keep Dez though.

Garrett signs 5 year extension according to NFL.com

Some other good news is that Marinelli will stay also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murray offered 16 Million over 4 years as a new contract.

At last check, Dallas had a four-year deal worth slightly more than $16 million on the table, according to Rapoport.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...owboys-disagree-on-value?campaign=Twitter_atn

I am loving this stance as honestly we can not afford much more without putting other areas of the team in crisis $$$ wise. I doubt he will take it but it is what it is and it seems JJ has learned a bit from the deal he gave M Barber in 2008 regarding 7yrs and 45 Million when he had not even gone over 1000yds ever!

RB's are very replaceable in this league and he needs to be lauded for not over paying for a position that is always swings and roundabouts especially after only 1 good season when he has been made of Glass previously injury wise.

Maybe it is all Stephen Jones doing this behind the scenes and he did stop his Dad also taking Manziel in the 1st rd last draft in favor of Zach Martin and this has been a masterstroke. About time we had more people other than JJ making big decisions for our team.

Don't worry about Dez either as he will be franchised if need be and NOT going anywhere. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

We rode him like a pack mule, he won't be much good next year. Sounds like a fair deal. Still think we'll end up with Peterson.
I tend to agree with all of this. Some team like Miami will get him and he will flop

Just on Murray I love the guy's attitude, I think it's perfect--and I love his toughness, but he's not a special runner, He's a very good runner.

He's also good in pass protection and he's a decent option as a receiver. But there's still the fumbling problem, the age, and the number of carries he logged this season. And, broken hand or not, he did wear down and become less effective later in the year as the team became more dependent on the running game. There's no getting around that.

So, while I'd make a spot on my roster at a reasonable price for the guy, if he wants top money for his position, I'm letting him walk. We will find it hard to get a single player who can do what he does, but we'll bring in another capable back and end up with similar production from that position all around next year. And we can do it while saving enough money to bring in another potential impact FA to help the defense, which is where we really need the support right now.

History of RB's stats after coming off monster work load seasons the following year is not real good.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with all of this. Some team like Miami will get him and he will flop

Colts will pay him 8million a season i reckon.

Just on Murray I love the guy's attitude, I think it's perfect--and I love his toughness, but he's not a special runner, He's a very good runner.

He's also good in pass protection and he's a decent option as a receiver. But there's still the fumbling problem, the age, and the number of carries he logged this season. And, broken hand or not, he did wear down and become less effective later in the year as the team became more dependent on the running game. There's no getting around that.

So, while I'd make a spot on my roster at a reasonable price for the guy, if he wants top money for his position, I'm letting him walk. We will find it hard to get a single player who can do what he does, but we'll bring in another capable back and end up with similar production from that position all around next year. And we can do it while saving enough money to bring in another potential impact FA to help the defense, which is where we really need the support right now.

History of RB's stats after coming off monster work load seasons the following year is not real good.

Yeah, and it's totally a two way street.

I often get shitted off in a team sport when players leave their team turning down pretty stupidly high amounts of money because another team offers them seriously stupid amounts of money. I like to see players meet their team somewhere in the middle and show that they do have some sort of team focus on top of getting paid well, and I hope this is what Dez does.

Running backs are certainly a position I can excuse for chasing the dollars hard. It's such an attrition position with a limited shelf life. Teams extract every pound of flesh they can while they have the running back, and as such, the players have to think about themselves in a big way and get what they can, while they can.

We pounded Murray this year and he did it without complaint. He is an utter pro and I wont judge him if he chases the dollars. Nor will I judge Jerry if he refuses to match the ludicrous offers coming Demarco's way. Geez it shits me when I read Cowboys fans on social media saying "FFS Jerry... Pay Dez, Pay Murray, Pay McClain, Pay Demarcus Ware!" as though there is no such thing as a cap.

Last edited:
Yeah, and it's totally a two way street.

I often get shitted off in a team sport when players leave their team turning down pretty stupidly high amounts of money because another team offers them seriously stupid amounts of money. I like to see players meet their team somewhere in the middle and show that they do have some sort of team focus on top of getting paid well, and I hope this is what Dez does.

Running backs are one position I can excuse for chasing the dollars. It's such an attrition position with a limited shelf life. Teams extract every pound of flesh they can while they have the running back, and as such, the players have to think about themselves in a big way and get what they can, while they can.

We pounded Murray this year and he did it without complaint. He is an utter pro and I wont judge him if he chases the dollars. Nor will I judge Jerry if he refuses to match the ludicrous offers coming Demarco's way. Geez it shits me when I read Cowboys fans on social media saying "FFS Jerry... Pay Dez, Pay Murray, Pay McClain, Pay Demarcus Ware!" as though there is no such thing as a cap.

Very much agree and Ware will be regretting it now ( Not the cash we refused honestly as he is getting paid now! ) i reckon and there is rumors he may get released as the re build is on in Denver. The Broncos owe him 7 Million next season and he did at Denver what he did with us the last few years with NO sacks after November. He is just getting old and cannot sustain a full season as a starter anymore at his age and this was with Von Miller opposite from him taking the double team away from him ( We do not have a Miller type!! ) . Ware is also cooked sadly as much as i love the bloke and was apart of the worst defense this franchise has EVER seen in the 2013/14 season.

Dez MUST get paid though and ELITE WR's in the league are few and far between and harder to replace. Nice to see we are making the right decisions now and paying who deserves to be paid without reaching and paying overs to keep blokes who are either on their way out or in a position that is easily replaceable. Let someone else pay the overs for once and we saw this with Ware and will see it again with Murray if he refuses our offer of 4 million a season.

We rode him like a pack mule, he won't be much good next year. Sounds like a fair deal. Still think we'll end up with Peterson.

Me to.

Strong Ties to Dallas and if he is not in a Vikings uniform next season it will be a Cowboys one and we will get him at a discount as he wants to play for us not to mention he is over 30 and has made his big money.

Not my words but from a well known poster on a Cowboy forum and it makes sense...

I was going to post something about Adrian Peterson and why I believe he is coming to Dallas.

First of all, Minnesota needs to build a new stadium. Their team is in a PR marketing blitz to woe the public in finalizing that deal. The public however is not so fond of a child beater playing in their stadium and public sentiment seems to want him out of that city.

Secondly, Peterson will be commanding a 12 million price tag and is going on the wrong side of 30.

His price tag, his age and his PR to the Vikings is something that the team might not be able to overcome. They aren't a rich franchise like Dallas and their thoughts are his not worth that much.

Peterson has expressed playing for Dallas. Not once, but twice. He even called Jerry on the phone personally and told him flat out he would love to play for the Cowboys.

Everyone here is saying that we can't afford Murray and I'm in agreement with that. He'll probably fetch up to 7-8 per. year and I don't think we got the cap space to pay him that.

Enter Adrian Peterson. I think he will want to come to Dallas on a cap friendly contract. Possibly 4-5 per. year for 3 years. Money doesn't seem to be a factor since he's already gotten paid. Its just his desire to play here that will bring him to Dallas.

Remember when the last time someone mentioned they wanted to come and coach for the Cowboys? Jerry made it happen.

Peterson is coming. Whether we like it our not. Brace for impact!!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back