Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
There is no need to panic over the loss of Demarco Murray. As you can see Rbs are literally scattered everywhere and a hell of a lot cheaper than the 40 Million Murray just got. ;)

I don't want to be the type of person who trolls other teams threads.

But using the monetary argument as a reason to not care that Murray is gone seems a little weird to me if the Cowboys are going to make a run at AD.

Of the rookies....

IF we can grab Yeldon in the second or third, grab him. It's unbelievable to me how similar he looks to Murray with more speed. He has beautiful cuts behind the line, great vision, but has a heap more open field burst. He's 6-2 and still had a faster 40-time than any of the other top RBs in the draft. Without hesitation i would have him in a Cowboys uniform next year IMO.

I don't want to be the type of person who trolls other teams threads.

But using the monetary argument as a reason to not care that Murray is gone seems a little weird to me if the Cowboys are going to make a run at AD.

He has to be replaced and who better than the best RB of the last decade and AD has stated he has always wanted to play for Dallas.

See my post above for the best rookie fit for us.

RB possy i do not care about honestly as we will get the same production no matter who has the ball, that is how confident i am in our OL.

He's 6-2 and still had a faster 40-time than any of the other top RBs in the draft. Without hesitation i would have him in a Cowboys uniform next year IMO.

Melvin Gordon 6'1 215lbs 4.52
TJ Yeldon 6'1 226lbs 4.61

Just saying

Good metric for comparing speed across different sized backs

Introduced on ESPN Insider back in 2008, Speed Score is Football Outsiders' metric for evaluating running back prospects. It's built on the simple idea that because smaller backs tend to run faster than larger backs, we should be more impressed by a 4.5-second 40-yard dash from a 220-pound back than the same clock reading from a 170-pound back. As such, Speed Score incorporates a back's official time in the 40-yard dash with his weight to produce a measure of his speed given his size using the formula (Weight * 200)/(40 time^4). The average running back who makes it to the NFL will have a Speed Score around 100, with most running back prospects falling between 85 and 110. And since there are more running backs in the prospect pool each year than there are spaces in the NFL, there are more running backs each year under 100 than over 100.

Obviously, Speed Score is not a perfect measurement. It doesn't account for a back's agility, or his ability to read holes, or his receiving ability. Nonetheless, it has been a good guide as to which running backs are likely to have more or less success in the NFL based on their draft positions.

Any excitement over this year's Speed Scores is at least somewhat dimmed by the fact that two of Scouts Inc.'s top four prospects did not run the 40 at the combine. So unfortunately, we don't have a Speed Score for either Todd Gurley of Georgia or Tevin Coleman of Indiana. But we do have scores for the other two backs expected to go early: Melvin Gordon of Wisconsin and Ameer Abdullah of Nebraska.

Z7eNBzJ.png

From 2011 to compare:

but if there's one back besides Fannin who really qualifies as a sleeper, it's Oklahoma's DeMarco Murray. Murray's 112.6 Speed Score is well above average for a player who grades out as a mid-round pick, and that's before considering the fact he's arguably the best receiving back in this class. Don't be surprised if Murray ends up as the surprise hit in this year's cast of backs.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Murray departure a sign Stephen Jones running things in Dallas
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 13, 2015, 9:37 AM EDT
e370afe7a6cfe1ee5950e055b5e21786.jpeg
AP
When DeMarco Murray bolted for Philadelphia yesterday afternoon, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had a press release sent out saying that if there were no salary cap, Murray would have still been in Dallas.

Of course, the fact that Jones himself wasn’t pulling the trigger might have helped too.

As smartly pointed out by Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, the fact Murray was allowed to walk away for the sake of financial prudence is yet another sign that Jerry’s son Stephen Jones is the one running the place now.

Stephen’s title is vice president of player personnel, and it’s becoming increasingly clear he’s calling most of the shots at Valley Ranch.

Hill points out that over he course of last year, Stephen was the one attending every practice, as his dad had in the past. It was Stephen and the personnel department and coaches who had to talk his dad out of Johnny Manziel, and instead draft another boring old offensive lineman. And DeMarcus Ware and Jason Hatcher leaving a year ago was another sign of Jerry’s quest for glory hole wasn’t going to stand in the way of, well for lack of a better phrase, glory hole.

Because his dad has a gigantic personality and/or ego, it will be hard for him to stay in the shadows. And every indication is that Stephen is perfectly happy letting his dad remain out front, holding court in the bus and having press conferences.

But while the elder Jones is still as big of a star in Dallas as anyone, his son has gradually moved into the lead, which might be the best thing that happened for the entire family or team.

Only upside to McFadden is that he came cheap at just over 2 Mill a season. With a 200k bonus for signing.

If he can stay healthy there is upside behind our OL and he is a great receiving threat with excellent hands.

I still think we draft a RB early though and nurture him through for a season etc.

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Happy with the cheap look at McFadden.

Lots of murmurs coming out from the Metroplex that Dallas are in serious talks with DE Greg Hardy for a 2 year deal. Only thing holding it back is not knowing what sort of suspension the league will impose on him.

If the above happens and TG3 or Gordon fall to pick 27, I think we'll be snapping them up within seconds of being on the clock. If they're both gone...who knows what we do...

Happy with the cheap look at McFadden.

Lots of murmurs coming out from the Metroplex that Dallas are in serious talks with DE Greg Hardy for a 2 year deal. Only thing holding it back is not knowing what sort of suspension the league will impose on him.

If the above happens and TG3 or Gordon fall to pick 27, I think we'll be snapping them up within seconds of being on the clock. If they're both gone...who knows what we do...

If we get Hardy i will be rapt.

He is exactly the player we need on defense and had a HUGE year before he was suspended with 15 sacks. I doubt he gets suspended for next season as he has not been charged with anything yet and everything was dropped. Hardy is the No.1 topic that has dominated Cowboy forums in the USA for the last 48hrs!

Anything can happen though with Goodell at the helm and the last i heard the NFL saying was that nothing was in the works for him to be missing games through suspension for the new season, but take that with a grain of Salt i suppose.

Sign him anyway with a contract clause subject to a maybe league imposed suspension and we cannot go wrong.

The guy is a weapon on defense. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
If we get Hardy i will be rapt.

He is exactly the player we need on defense and had a HUGE year before he was suspended with 15 sacks. I doubt he gets suspended for next season as he has not been charged with anything yet and everything was dropped. Hardy is the No.1 topic that has dominated Cowboy forums in the USA for the last 48hrs!

Anything can happen though with Goodell at the helm and the last i heard the NFL saying was that nothing was in the works for him to be missing games through suspension for the new season, but take that with a grain of Salt i suppose.

Sign him anyway with a contract clause subject to a maybe league imposed suspension and we cannot go wrong.

The guy is a weapon on defense. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I don't think there are fans of many teams who can claim a moral high ground when it comes to player behaviour.

But it blows my mind that people are so happy to overlook what a piece of ******* s**t someone like Hardy is for a football game. People like Hardy aren't the worst of footballers - they are the worst of human kind.

It's an indictment on the NFL and NFL teams that they're happy to overlook complete scumbag behaviour if the person involved can play. For what he's been found guilty of doing, I would love it if the NFLPA allowed the league to take a really strong, meaningful stance and ban the Greg Hardys of the league forever.

I don't think there are fans of many teams who can claim a moral high ground when it comes to player behaviour.

But it blows my mind that people are so happy to overlook what a piece of ******* s**t someone like Hardy is for a football game. People like Hardy aren't the worst of footballers - they are the worst of human kind.

It's an indictment on the NFL and NFL teams that they're happy to overlook complete scumbag behaviour if the person involved can play. For what he's been found guilty of doing, I would love it if the NFLPA allowed the league to take a really strong, meaningful stance and ban the Greg Hardys of the league forever.

He has not been found guilty of a thing and it has been thrown out. Nicole Holder is crazy as s**t house rat and a head case.

Greg Hardy’s domestic abuse charges were abruptly dismissed Monday, but the case against the Carolina Panthers’ Pro-Bowl defensive end appears to have been unraveling for weeks.

That’s because the state’s key witness – Hardy’s former girlfriend Nicole Holder – told prosecutors months ago that she didn’t want to cooperate and has been avoiding the repeated efforts of the Mecklenburg County District Attorney’s Office to find her and compel her to testify.

Victims and witnesses routinely stop cooperating in domestic-abuse cases and prosecutors still take the cases to court. Murray, though, said the Hardy case was different. He also appeared to raise doubts about Holder’s credibility in a statement to the judge.

But other details also raised unanswered questions about prosecutors’ handling of the case. Hardy’s defense team announced an appeal of his conviction before leaving court in July. But Murray said prosecutors only “recently” had compared what Holder told police the night of the alleged assault with her testimony at Hardy’s first trial.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/incoming/article10422650.html#storylink=cpy

Jun 23, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
He was found guilty? He then appealed? Stop burying your head in the sand, he is a lemon off the field.

And Sam Bradford will be squished like a lemon once Hardy is done with him...

So rough details of the contract are:

745k base, 1.3m workout bonus & up to 1.8m in incentives depending on the number of sacks he gets. So I'd hazard a guess the the remaining 9.2m is geared towards the number of games played/eligible for?

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
And Sam Bradford will be squished like a lemon once Hardy is done with him...

So rough details of the contract are:

745k base, 1.3m workout bonus & up to 1.8m in incentives depending on the number of sacks he gets. So I'd hazard a guess the the remaining 9.2m is geared towards the number of games played/eligible for?

Yep, explained in this article and video. A smart contract structure in the circumstances.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/12508402/dallas-cowboys-greg-hardy-agree-one-year-deal

Back