Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

The only reason neither were drafted in the first round was the off-field worries.

If they were "clean" they would have definitely been first round picks.
"If not for these glaring issues that might stop a player from ever performing at any level, they were first round guarantees!"

Man I love the Dallas Cowboys. I cant wait till we start smashing QBs and we start to show that we are a force. Im Pumped for new season.

Genuinely shocked that Jerry didn't reach for his annual BSU selection.

Thought he'd throw a 7th at one of our players who aren't NFL quality, guess it's good he didn't reach, but I thought if anyone would it'd be Jerry.

If we get AD i will being do this for sure!

Surely this signing could sway/have an influence for him to come and play with us as i have no doubt we could it make it work so he can play this season and i highly doubt he plays a game for the Vikings again.

The season can not come quick enough now and while we have done well this off season you still need to go out there and perform during games to get wins so the lid is still required to be placed on our expectations, but the team we have now is close to the best i have seen on paper for 10 years easily and you can't help but be excited and optimistic.

Hardy appeal still has to go through as well and i don't think the 10 games will stay and be reduced by a fair bit.

For some reason the Gregory tattoo just reminds me of Claiborne buying this

0ap1000000059380.jpg

That has made my day

Things change Chism I remember when the Seahawks guys were talking about Wilson taking a discount.

Now he is bleeding them dry.

No denying that that line looks nothing short of amazing though

Remember when Doug Free was our best lineman? Now it looks like he is going to get demoted. Let them play it out a camp though, let the best player start. It's a shame we didn't start going down this road a few years earlier.

Just gotta hope Hardy's suspension gets reduced on appeal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So pumped for the upcoming season now. I hope Brady is not suspended for our game as it will be a great test for us if he plays

Gregory also seems pretty happy to be a Cowboy after getting Cowboys Tattoo!

Regardless of the Cowboys' connection I actually like the tattoo.

Between the tattooist's chair and the IVs he has seen a few needles this past week.

Ok I'll admit up until recently I haven't actively followed the nfl so a question for those in the know. When is the roster finalised so to speak. I ask as my cousin is currently at the Cowboys so I guess now i have a team to follow.

Ok I'll admit up until recently I haven't actively followed the nfl so a question for those in the know. When is the roster finalised so to speak. I ask as my cousin is currently at the Cowboys so I guess now i have a team to follow.

Rosters are narrowed down to 52 players during the pre-season games.

Good luck to your cousin!

Cowboys become first NFL team to embrace new virtual reality product
Posted by Mike Florio on June 8, 2015, 9:47 AM EDT
jones.jpg
Getty Images
Virtual reality has become an actual reality for one NFL team that will use a 3D simulation to enhance the relentless pursuit of gloryhole.

Via Bruce Feldman of FOX Sports, the Cowboys have signed a two-year deal with STRIVR, the startup company featured last month in U-T San Diego.

“It’s an awesome feeling to have one of the biggest brands in the sports world to become one of the first teams that jumps in,” Derek Belch, the STRIVR CEO who once played kicker at Stanford. “I give Jason Garrett a lot of credit for being a visionary. He told me when we first met that he’s been dreaming of something like this for 20 years. And then once he saw it, he said it exceeded his expectations.”

Belch hopes that as many as six NFL teams will partner with STRIVR before training camp. All 32 of them should; virtual reality training allows quarterbacks to get reps and coaching without exposing themselves to injury or violating the limitations on practice time. And its use has expanded beyond the guys who throw the football.

“Before it was great with quarterbacks because of the live work and how applicable it is [pre and post-snap] and for running backs to, but now it’s also for safeties and linebackers and O-linemen and cornerbacks,” Belch told Feldman.

The technology apparently doesn’t completely insulate against injury. As Belch told Feldman, one college lineman “got so into it” while using the virtual reality device that he “did six pass sets in a row and ended up running into the wall.”

It sounds like Belch and his partners will soon be running into the bank. Repeatedly.

Citing sources "familiar with the player's negotiating strategy," ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Cowboys unsigned franchise player Dez Bryant is considering a holdout that could extend into the season.

Mortensen says the Cowboys have not presented Bryant with a long-term offer "since prior to the 2014 season." One source suggested Bryant is considering "pulling an Emmitt Smith" and holding out into Week 1 or perhaps beyond as he pursues elite wide receiver money. In 1993, Emmitt missed the first two games of the season, and the Cowboys gave in after starting 0-2. With regression very likely coming for Dallas' running game, the Cowboys badly need Dez to be all-in. Aware 35-year-old Tony Romo's window is closing, we suspect Jerry Jones will ultimately cave and pay Bryant the money he warrants.

Who is your cousin if you don't mind me asking?

Sheesh, earning $750,000 per week!! I wouldn't be that belligerent about holding out, demanding a new deal.

------------------------

Dez Bryant says threat to skip Week One is “legit”
Posted by Mike Florio on June 12, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
x35016-e1382955338694.jpg
AP
Dez Bryant is getting upset.

On the same day ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported that the Cowboys receiver may skip the first game of the regular season due to unhappiness over the lack of a long-term deal, Dez told Mike Silver of NFL Media, “It’s not a rumor. It’s legit.”

Whether it’s legit or not, it’s irrelevant until Week One comes. Bryant can stay away from all offseason workouts, training camp, and the preseason without losing a penny of his $12.8 million franchise-tag salary. Come September, Bryant would lose $752,941.17 for every week he misses.

He could, in theory, show up as late as the Tuesday after Week 10, get credit for the contract year, and do it all over again in 2016, at a 20-percent raise over his $12.8 million salary.

Regardless of whether Bryant would do it, threatening to do it could push the Cowboys to make an offer that more fairly reflects not only his market value but also the fact that he’d make more than $28 million over the next two years under the franchise tag. Unless the Cowboys are willing to offer more than $28 million fully guaranteed on a long-term deal, Dez should play the franchise-tag game.

Even after July 15, when the deadline passes for doing a long-term deal, Dez could still threaten to skip regular-season games in order to secure a commitment that the Cowboys won’t use the franchise tag on him again in 2016.

The real question is whether the Cowboys buy it. By recently showing up to work out with the team, Bryant came off as a guy who ultimately can’t stay away from the game. It now could be much harder to persuade the Cowboys that he’s serious about staying away from the team and giving up more than $750,000 per week.

He is worth every cent and just pay him Jerry!

Cut B Carr and Doug Free as well which frees up a heap of Cap room for Dez.

Would be against cutting Free. Players have already said how much his leadership is valued at the team. And apparently Collins is nowhere near ready to start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back