Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
Jerry's statement is disgraceful TBH
Why? He hired someone knowing they committed an act of domestic violence. He is giving him a second chance. He knew that before he took him on. Getting rid of him now because pictures have come out later and the negative publicity that now occurs would be worse. It would be Baltimore/NFL Ray Rice level of Hypocrisy only changing their mind because they got caught/negetive PR. It would mean he is simply firing him due to bad PR. If he genuinely believe he is giving him a second chance to turn his life around then he sticking by him is what he will do. Jerry has a history of this, Pacman Jones, etc.

Jerry's Statement for those who haven't seen it

While we did not have access to the photos that became public today, we were and are aware of the serious nature of this incident. We as an organization take this very seriously. We do not condone domestic violence. We entered into the agreement with Greg fully understanding that there would be scrutiny and criticism. We have given Greg a second chance. He is a member of our team and someone who is grateful for the opportunity he has been given to move forward with his life and his career.”

No it would be cutting him because there is irrefutable proof that he beat a woman.

Before he could hide behind the notion that the story was overblown. Everyone has seen it now and Jerry is basically saying as long as he performs on the field we don't care.

I for one don't think someone who commits a crime like that should be getting a second chance. It's disgusting.

Why don't we let Hernandez out while we are at it. And before you fall back on murder being the worse crime, Hardy could have killed this woman and what's stopping from doing something similar in the future. I doubt he has learnt anything when there have been zero ramifications and he has everyone's support

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
No it would be cutting him because there is irrefutable proof that he beat a woman.

I think Dallas knew that anyway.

You can definitely criticise the original decision to sign him in light of that, and whether he deserves a second chance. But I agree with Leviathan... sacking him now would purely be a reactive PR move... they already bit the Hardy s**t sandwich when they signed him knowing what he'd done.

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets

Before he could hide behind the notion that the story was overblown. Everyone has seen it now and Jerry is basically saying as long as he performs on the field we don't care.

I for one don't think someone who commits a crime like that should be getting a second chance. It's disgusting.

Why don't we let Hernandez out while we are at it. And before you fall back on murder being the worse crime, Hardy could have killed this woman and what's stopping from doing something similar in the future. I doubt he has learnt anything when there have been zero ramifications and he has everyone's support
Well it is a worse crime and he didn't kill her so it is quite the difference. Hernandez executed a man. It wasn't even an emotive crime. Was pure cold blood.

How does hardy playing even compare to someone being let out of prison? It's a nonsense comparison.

He doesn't have everyone's support. Considering the media s**t storm I don't know how that can be said. What goes on behind the scenes at the cowboys is unknown.

It doesn't matter what goes on behind the scenes. What matters is the actions of the front office.

The comparison is that Hardy could have killed her and threatened to do so. His actions are definitely not of a repentant individual and at this point his actions are only being vindicated by Jerry.

Hardy should be in prison

It's quite simple

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Feels like ever since that crucial penalty in the Detroit playoff game we have been absolutely bent over by the refs...5 game losing streak and we just can't seem to catch a break

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
So the guy who ruined our season comes up with a pick six tonight, then we manage to force overtime...only to lose the toss (again) & get gashed with a walk off touchdown (again).

The Patriots loss didn't bother me, because clearly we were no chance without Romo, but we were in every other game and have found numerous different ways to lose them.

What a dirty dirty season...

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
So the guy who ruined our team comes up with a pick six tonight, then we manage to force overtime...only to lose the toss (again) & get gashed with a walk off touchdown (again).

The Patriots loss didn't bother me, because clearly we were no chance without Romo, but we were in every other game and have found numerous different ways to lose them.

What a dirty dirty season...

I am filthy. Season over AFAIC.

Dagger5

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Dallas Cowboys
We probably have a better defence this year but they aren't making any plays at all whereas we would produce multiple turnovers especially in key moments last season. Funny how that works

mad_eagle

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2008
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14115073/dez-bryant-dallas-cowboys-goes-tirade-directed-media

To be fair...Jean-Jacques Taylor is scum. He never has anything good to say, both athletes and fellow journalists in the metroplex area hate him with a passion - so I say good on Dez for calling him out on his gutter trash journalism.

That said, Dez might just need to take a couple of weeks off from twitter. If he lets the trolls and articles get to him that much it may well start affecting the way he plays on the field.

Last edited:
Back