Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

No and I'm not saying that, but you stated that we should of waited and made a big play at dragic in the off season, how does getting rondo change that? We can still make a play at him cause we have no commitment to rondo.

No and I'm not saying that, but you stated that we should of waited and made a big play at dragic in the off season, how does getting rondo change that? We can still make a play at him cause we have no commitment to rondo.
Well Cuban certainly doesnt see Rondo as a rental. They will sign him to a long contract, which means Dragic can't be got.

Well Cuban certainly doesnt see Rondo as a rental. They will sign him to a long contract, which means Dragic can't be got.

Of course Cuban is going to say that a few days after we get him. Is he suppose to say "oh look, we will just use him for this season and get rid of him". How do you think rondo would play then? Cuban and the rest of them know who is and isn't available next off season

Of course Cuban is going to say that a few days after we get him. Is he suppose to say "oh look, we will just use him for this season and get rid of him". How do you think rondo would play then? Cuban and the rest of them know who is and isn't available next off season
There is a 0% chance Rondo is not signed up by Cuban long term.

As I said he signed Kidd when he was 7 years older with worse numbers to a 3 year deal because he saw him as a foundational piece. Same with Rondo.

There is a 0% chance Rondo is not signed up by Cuban long term.

As I said he signed Kidd when he was 7 years older with worse numbers to a 3 year deal because he saw him as a foundational piece. Same with Rondo.
And to be honest, I'd be happy with that, but there is no way you can be 100 percent sure from using one example of Kidd. Just look at the whole Tyson situation, different players and positions I know, but still, hard to look past

And to be honest, I'd be happy with that, but there is no way you can be 100 percent sure from using one example of Kidd. Just look at the whole Tyson situation, different players and positions I know, but still, hard to look past
Yeah that's a good call. I still can't believe they let him go in 2011.

Who'd you rather have; Rondo or Dragic?

Yeah that's a good call. I still can't believe they let him go in 2011.

Who'd you rather have; Rondo or Dragic?
Yeah how frustrating, money talks though. Surprised we put forward that 1 year ridiculous money deal to him. So happy he is back now.

Rondo personally. Can see the positives of dragic, but said ages ago to a couple of mates that I thought rondo would be an almost perfect fit here. Still can't believe we have him, reckon we will go very deep now. Rondo's ability to guard both guard positions is the main key. Ellis being smallish and skinny at sg was always a killer on defensive, especially when he was being paired with the likes of Calderon last season, even jameer and jj this season (not so much harris). It wasn't such an issue last season as we still had Marion who could gaurd 4 positions.

Could talk about it forever...

Yeah how frustrating, money talks though. Surprised we put forward that 1 year ridiculous money deal to him. So happy he is back now.

Rondo personally. Can see the positives of dragic, but said ages ago to a couple of mates that I thought rondo would be an almost perfect fit here. Still can't believe we have him, reckon we will go very deep now. Rondo's ability to guard both guard positions is the main key. Ellis being smallish and skinny at sg was always a killer on defensive, especially when he was being paired with the likes of Calderon last season, even jameer and jj this season (not so much harris). It wasn't such an issue last season as we still had Marion who could gaurd 4 positions.

Could talk about it forever...
Yep, Ive seen enough from Rondo in these few games to show he plays winning basketball. And he has a rep for ramping it up in the playoffs.

These are good problems to have. We could have a chucker 37 year old guard taking up half the cap and a bunch of bench duds, D leaguers and Carlos Boozer.

peternorth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Ive seen enough from Rondo in these few games to show he plays winning basketball. And he has a rep for ramping it up in the playoffs.

These are good problems to have. We could have a chucker 37 year old guard taking up half the cap and a bunch of bench duds, D leaguers and Carlos Boozer.

peternorth
Obvious one being JO, but who else do you think we could sign to help strengthen the bench? So sick of watching Greg smith get minutes

There's nobody out there. Yep Smith is a spud. If no JO, have to wait for some buyouts. We have a huge hole there. Cant play Charlie and Dirk together.
Agree, don't mind watching Charlie v play cause he can shoot the piss out of it and brings bulk energy, but not for his defense, let's his opponent get wayyyy to many o boards too. Really want O'Neal and another deadly 3 point shooter

Rondo's playoff record is very impressive, think its a big reason why the Mavs pulled the trigger on the trade, certainly against the likes of Parker and CP3 come playoff time.

Be good to see a legend of the game in Dirk win another ring (or two).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back