Dallas Mavericks thread: Luka MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Now 5-3.
Lost the games that we were expected to lose
Won the games we were expected to win

But the team is very, very watchable.

Great offense, playing fast.

Blair has been a revelation so far. I didnt know he was so skilled. Both Dirk and Ellis buying in to the ball movement system. In fact, Dirk is being too willing to swing the ball. Ellis is playing very, very well. Calderon is 10X the PG Collison is.

If we can snag some interior D (Asik), we are a top 4 team in the West.

But the team is very, very watchable.

Great offense, playing fast.

Blair has been a revelation so far. I didnt know he was so skilled. Both Dirk and Ellis buying in to the ball movement system. In fact, Dirk is being too willing to swing the ball. Ellis is playing very, very well. Calderon is 10X the PG Collison is.

If we can snag some interior D (Asik), we are a top 4 team in the West.

Blair was probably the dumbest player on the Spurs tbh he lacked bball IQ and was really playing for himself, after his great rookie season with the Spurs he stopped working hard to improve. Hopefully he doesnt do what he did with the Spurs and expect things easily on the Mavs.

Blair was probably the dumbest player on the Spurs tbh he lacked bball IQ and was really playing for himself, after his great rookie season with the Spurs he stopped working hard to improve. Hopefully he doesnt do what he did with the Spurs and expect things easily on the Mavs.

That's very different to what he's shown with us.

He's got high BBIQ. He knows when to cut, when to make the pass out, when to take the shot...of course I am not talking about the defensive end of the floor. He's a poor rebounder, slow and reactive om that end.

That's very different to what he's shown with us.

He's got high BBIQ. He knows when to cut, when to make the pass out, when to take the shot...of course I am not talking about the defensive end of the floor. He's a poor rebounder, slow and reactive om that end.

He is a good rebounder - was great during his first two seasons with the Spurs that was it. Would throw dumb floaters that were horrible and an occasional circus shot, really got most off his points from Ginobili when he sucked in the defender.

But hey if he is actually playing well now then thats great hopefully he just doesn't whine about his role, he is what he is a 6'6" centre with no acls. Really lucky to be in the NBA and even more luckier his career has not ended because of it.

Line up so far.

Chandler- Wright
Dirk - ???
Crowder - ???
Ellis- ???
Felton - ???

One might argue depth is an issue at this point.

Harris is likely to come back, so is Vince. Not sure about Marion, Blair. Im not sure they could if all parties wanted to.

26m in capa room. Assuming Dirk gets 8-10m, that leaves 16-18m to splurge. They are trying to sign Melo and then will have to work some magic to fill out the roster, and of course use their exceptions.

I think a more likely option is spending 8-10m on a Deng/Ariza level FA and then getting a couple of mid level players on short deals Maybe Jordan Hill, Gasol, Meeks, Miles, Okafor, Sefelosha, Wade, Nick Young.

Calderon is a great shooter, but he did not play well with Monta. To turn him into an elite rim protector (LAWL) is a big win and fixes out major deficiency.

So if I had to guess what the team looked like at the start of next year.

Chandler- Wright - Blair
Dirk - (a floor spacer as a 4. Maybe M. Williams? AL Harrington? cheaper...Jerebko?)- Crowder
Deng - CJ Miles- Carter
Ellis- Carter- CJ Miles
Harris- Felton

IMO that's a conference contender.

I think adding guys like Deng and Sefolosha would make you a much better defensive team, while not losing any offence.

This is the more realistic option hope we keep Harris still not happy about Felton

Line up so far.

Chandler- Wright
Dirk - ???
Crowder - ???
Ellis- ???
Felton - ???

One might argue depth is an issue at this point.

Harris is likely to come back, so is Vince. Not sure about Marion, Blair. Im not sure they could if all parties wanted to.

26m in capa room. Assuming Dirk gets 8-10m, that leaves 16-18m to splurge. They are trying to sign Melo and then will have to work some magic to fill out the roster, and of course use their exceptions.

I think a more likely option is spending 8-10m on a Deng/Ariza level FA and then getting a couple of mid level players on short deals Maybe Jordan Hill, Gasol, Meeks, Miles, Okafor, Sefelosha, Wade, Nick Young.

????????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meeting with Melo, I dont see it.

Calls placed with Deng and Parsons. IMO Parsons is a much better fit than Melo and cheaper.

Mo Williams is a very strong possibility and some interest shown in Jordan Hill.

Carter and Marion look gone.

Matrix and Carter have been really good but probably need to look to the future

If we are a chance at Melo we need to go hard

Mo Williams can go and get ****ed who is next Nelson

Deng or Parsons would be nice

We aren't getting Melo, so no point even talking about it. Ellis, Melo and Dirk all starting in the same team, think of the defence.
SF is our main priority right now, Personally i want Deng but Parsons would be interesting, we know what we will get with Deng, but Parsons has so much upside. Deng would fit right into Carlise game plan and he is such a team player.
PG is our next problem.... DO NOT WANT MO WILLIAMS. Can't see where he gets this team. Great we signed Harris (Good deal too) , but he is very injury prone, need more than felton and Mekel backing him up for the regular season.
We will most likely get Carter back.
Need another back up C with actual size, really like what Blair brought to the team, but he is just too small to play C on this team

Aminu is cheap and a good wing defender. He certainly in't staying with us.

We aren't getting Melo, so no point even talking about it. Ellis, Melo and Dirk all starting in the same team, think of the defence.
SF is our main priority right now, Personally i want Deng but Parsons would be interesting, we know what we will get with Deng, but Parsons has so much upside. Deng would fit right into Carlise game plan and he is such a team player.
PG is our next problem.... DO NOT WANT MO WILLIAMS. Can't see where he gets this team. Great we signed Harris (Good deal too) , but he is very injury prone, need more than felton and Mekel backing him up for the regular season.
We will most likely get Carter back.
Need another back up C with actual size, really like what Blair brought to the team, but he is just too small to play C on this team
Yep there are a few holes.

I'd love Parsons and hope you can fill in the depth with min guys willing to plat for a contender.

No chance.

Had 26m in room.

Down to 16m with Dirk. Down to 13m with Harris. IMO you'd need in the range of 13m to force Houston to not match on Parsons.

We need to get Vince/Marion in although we do have the MLE left.

If Dirk is only on 13M where is all the other money going?

No I mean we had 26m of room, Dirk gets 10m per year so that leaves 16m of room, that's down to 13m because of the Harris signing.

Well if Bosh ends up at Houston i think we would be a massive chance to land Parsons

I agree. But they may go into deep luxury tax to pay for him.

Howard, Bosh, Parsons, Harden, Beverly/Lin and a bunch of min dudes is some line up

Yeah one of Lin or Parsons will go you would much prefer to keep Parson's

They will be tough to beat will be good to see Bosh play his natural game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back