Opinion Damian Barrett - Tigers 2014 was a complete waste!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

razaxp360

Senior List
Nov 17, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-29/sliding-doors-round-23

His point does have some merit if we are to lose obviously, but in all seriousness our turnaround in the second half of this year has been nothing short of outstanding considering our recent history. I really hope and am sure the club will go into the off season aiming to iron out the problems which led to our 3-10 start. Its crucial that we do, and use our turnaround as a launch pad for what is to come.

How'ever the article does make him look like a bit of a wank. I have FAITH we can win this week and for weeks to come, and I honestly don't think I'm over estimating our capabilities. Eat'em Alive Tigers!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-29/sliding-doors-round-23

His point does have some merit if we are to lose obviously, but in all seriousness our turnaround in the second half of this year has been nothing short of outstanding considering our recent history. I really hope and am sure the club will go into the off season aiming to iron out the problems which led to our 3-10 start. Its crucial that we do, and use our turnaround as a launch pad for what is to come.

How'ever the article does make him look like a bit of a wank. I have FAITH we can win this week and for weeks to come, and I honestly don't think I'm over estimating our capabilities. Eat'em Alive Tigers!

The fact that we've won 8 in a row suggests that we have.

Barrett has said this year has been a waste? Well, in some ways, he's correct. Yes we have won 8 in a row but come to think about it, 3-10 in the first half or so was displeasing and NOW we've finally set off our alarms, might be 13-14 games too late though. Either way, here's hoping we kick Sydney's ass!

Sure it's a waste that we didn't improve ladder wise this year but I think the playing group and staff have learnt a lot about eachother this season. This season could be seen as character building and to see who can handle the pressure when things aren't going according to plan. Improving our culture too.

It will certainly be a waste if haven't learnt anything from this season going into next preseason and season.

Sure we could have done with some top end draft picks this year, but what did that do for us in the past? I do not think this season was a waste whether we win or lose. In fact, I think it was the year we had to have. I was not confident at all last year that we would ever be top 4 contenders with this list, even though we were a half a game away from it. We were mentally weak and it was obvious we did not have the depth. After what happened this year and how the Tigers responded, I am.

Had we not have had the 3-10 start, these issues would not have come to light and could have been exposed when it might have been a little too late.

Its a waste because we should have won more games than we have already and been assured of a finals spot. We've got a talented list and a good coach that are both still improving. However we've had a massive hiccup at the start of the year and now it seems to have clicked. We've gotten a lot out of the back half of the year I feel. It'd still be a let down to miss finals considering we could have and should have made them. but fingers crossed we win this weekend and the season that was becomes unimportant.

still of the opinion we needed to stumble before improving again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

‏@barrettdamian I suggest anyone who is everyone and has a Twitter account remembers this for 24 hours time. For if we win I expect it to be inundated with hateful comments directed towards the flog and he can't whinge because he opened himself up to it with this drivel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back