DavidInellaFanClub

Team Captain
Sep 27, 2005
Wangaratta
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
This guy, plain and simply is a poor journalist. I don't watch the Footy Show, the Sunday Footy Show or listen to Triple M, because they are the worst forums for football discussion in the media.

However, I do read his Sliding Doors column on the AFL website. I remember reading somewhere that he has a friendship with Mick Malthouse, which surprised me at first, but then when I thought about it I realised that they are two of the more unpopular figures in football and it makes complete sense.

As a result, every week he has some sort of bias toward Carlton, 2 weeks ago, it was put up and shut up about Mick's behaviour at press conferences, which I am sure Damian does not attend.

His column today took the cake. For Carlton, of all the 100 negative responses he could have come up with to talk about a club that is 0-4 and lost to a side that has won 2 games of football in 18 months last weekend, he had this to say:

Waite plays last week....does Frawley play forward and do Melbourne win? Nup.

Thats right, Jarrad Waite, an unproven, injury prone, highly overrated, great white failure at the head of the failing Carlton forward line of the last 6 years. If he plays, Carlton wins.

Barrett, for some reason Mick likes you, as a result you brown nose him for whatever reason. But let me assure you, the rest of the football world, supporters, journalists, players and officials do not respect you or your position in the game, throw in the towel before the football world eats you alive.

I actually don't mind him. He's not as bad as Caroline Wilson who I just don't get or like. Sure he cops it when he needs to but he's actually pretty knowledgable and was particularly great when Stephen Milne was going through his court issues and when Essendon were being investigated by ASADA. He's been spot on with those.
He takes a joke as well as playing a joke.

Don't watch him on television or whatever other media he's on. Only listen to him on Triple M.
Don't mind him on the radio, especially as the others take the piss out of him most of the time.

Dislike the guy immensely. Always trying to find dirt or a scandal when none exists.

Now it seems some one has told him to smile, but the bloke can't smile so instead he's forces a weird grimace.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He's better than Hutchy.

That's the only good thing I can say about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? Chases the ambulances that even Hutchy thinks are beneath him.

Agreed.

I think he is about as low as their is in football journalism. He is a sensationalist, that is always looking for a negative story. Just listen to crap he serves up on the AFL website, it is embarrassing.

He is just about the worst journalist in football. That is a pretty impressive feat, as there are plenty that a vying for that title.

Thoroughly enjoyed his "Carlton are into Ollie Wines" scoop on TFS earlier in the year, only for Wines to sign a contract extension with Port less than 24 hours later.

Crickets and tumbleweed from Barrett the following week.

Lost any shred of credibility he may have had when he wrote an article last week on the AFL site supporting the decision to suspend Viney.

BqAF4YoCUAASn3X.png:large

Utter
utter
utter
utter
flog

Hahahahhaa

Spud needs to come back and put him in his place.

Suggested in Sliding Doors this week that Tom Boyd should start looking at trade opportunities after being dropped this week.

Absolute muppet.

Suggested in Sliding Doors this week that Tom Boyd should start looking at trade opportunities after being dropped this week.

Absolute muppet.
The facts are that he's tried everything to get played. Did that and wasn't left in the team and was dropped after making his debut last week.
I think if that was you in Boyd's shoes you'd be on the hunt for a new club too. One that would be able to keep you in the team for a few weeks.

A bit harsh that you actually go around abusing Damien Barrett. I actually like him and will defend him as much as possible.
Also I don't think you actually get the whole sliding doors thing. Not many people do. The ones that do abuse him.

If Damo is reading this he should go after Carlton's undisciplined players in his sliding doors topic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back