Damian Barrett

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course there is nothing wrong with wearing glasses but people seem to view them differently than they do hearing aids when they are both disability aids.
nothing is wrong in wearing glasses, my better half wears them. my problem is with the fad of people not needing glasses wearing those big stupid large black ones.
this explains the starting of them:confused:

I'm a purple fan, don't think he knows the most about football but isn't as bad some other journos. His reporting is outstanding.

Funny looking back through some old posts, Melbourne supporters saying "his the only one who's said Mitch Clark won't be at the club next year' (in September 2014). Not to stereotype Essendon supporters but from what I've seen the anger at Barrett misdirected, his only reporting the situation. And has been right through all of his reporting as 'fact' so far, only some (very few) of his opinions like "I can't see Hird coaching Essendon in 2015" seem to be wrong.

I'm a purple fan, don't think he knows the most about football but isn't as bad some other journos. His reporting is outstanding.

Funny looking back through some old posts, Melbourne supporters saying "his the only one who's said Mitch Clark won't be at the club next year' (in September 2014). Not to stereotype Essendon supporters but from what I've seen the anger at Barrett misdirected, his only reporting the situation. And has been right through all of his reporting as 'fact' so far, only some (very few) of his opinions like "I can't see Hird coaching Essendon in 2015" seem to be wrong.
Agree with everything above.
His actually football knowledge as far as players/drafting etc seems poor but he is generally all over the off field stuff. On triple m he seems to know his place is for off field issues only but on trade radio imo he was crap when it came to trade values and players abililtys

Last edited:

Some absolute gold in his Sliding Doors this week:

IF... one particular organisation felt the need to run nine pages of glowing praise of Mick in the one edition ... THEN... well done. But ask yourself why all the unnecessary loathing and goading before that.

This one has nothing to do with Carlton and everything to do with taking a pot-shot at a rival of his.

IF... you have 82 more disposals than your opposition and yet kick just six goals for the game ... THEN ... you've got problems that need fixing immediately.

No, Really? A team that only kicked six goals for the game despite dominating the possession has problems that need fixing? Wouldn't have thought of that!

IF...there's a guy who in our eyes has gone from being a total unknown to one we can't see enough of playing footy ... THEN...it's Cam McCarthy. Something very, very special.

Cam McCarthy has been fantastic... But come out of nowhere? He was pick 14 in the draft two years ago and was highly rated as a junior. Perhaps a bit of research of the game outside of Melbourne would have seen he has come out of nowhere.

Just a massive flog.

IF: There is room for sentiment, and please, surely there is...

THEN:...the Bulldogs will make a late change to the selected line-up and include Brett Goodes. Adam's back in for the Swans. It would mean the world for them and their family to play in the same AFL game. Go on, Dogs. Do it.

Can someone just set this guy up with a twitter feed?

Last edited:

THEN:...the Bulldogs will make a late change to the selected line-up and include Brett Goodes. Adam's back in for the Swans. It would mean the world for them and their family to play in the same AFL game. Go on, Dogs. Do it.

Can someone just set this guy up a twitter feed?
What a disgraceful call by him. To put forward an individuals wants over the team desire? Please. This is just a shocking call. Barrett please do notcomment on selection/on-field matters. You have no idea.

What a disgraceful call by him. To put forward an individuals wants over the team desire? Please. This is just a shocking call. Barrett please do notcomment on selection/on-field matters. You have no idea.
Thats what continues to bug me about Barrett, is that he thinks his opinions on on-field matters are just as relevant as those that have played the game. He talks about players performances in such a smug like manner like someone who played 300 games. At least when someone like Robbo talks about the game, most of the time he comes across as someone who is speaking as a fan (a pretty inarticulate fan, but a fan none the less)

Loved last night on the footy show he only really had one piece of news was that Collingwood offered Treloar a contract then the next bit about his 'belief' being that Malcheski would have been dropped.

Honestly if you took any article about the AFL and replaced anything about a journo/paper 'believing' something and just replaced it with 'I reckon' stories would look a lot different.

Loved last night on the footy show he only really had one piece of news was that Collingwood offered Treloar a contract then the next bit about his 'belief' being that Malcheski would have been dropped.

Honestly if you took any article about the AFL and replaced anything about a journo/paper 'believing' something and just replaced it with 'I reckon' stories would look a lot different.
And like clockwork: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-01/treloar-rubbishes-magpie-rumour-expects-to-sign-soon-
"That's just all speculation. That's just the media doing what media does best in making stories up"
Officially a fan of Treloar for life.

Can someone just set this guy up with a twitter feed?

I think the world has already revolved enough around Adam Goodes in recent years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the worst reporter in the game. No one else is even close.

IF... our gut feel is right (but we need to be honest here and say it hasn't been this year when it comes to tipping results of games) ... THEN... the Tiges beat the Pies and, woo-la, their season is back on track.

Umm, do you mean voila?

I wonder if Damian Barrett has ever played sport at any level before. Telling Brendon Goddard that he should 'remove the c-bomb from his vocabulary' is just a load of crap. The last thing you are thinking of on the field is that someone has a mic on and people can hear you. If that's what you're thinking when you're out on the ground then you better start finding a new career, because you're not going to last in any sport.

He's a wannabe tryhard from the Craig Hutchison and Caro Wilson school of crap. He tries to break stories that are just either non-events or just bulls**t rumours and obviously thinks it makes him important. He plays favourites and has his regular whipping boys. A poor excuse for a journo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back