Damien Barrett - Gaff to sign 2 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

2 years ? We should be locking in both gaff and lycett for 3 years minimum

Both players will be free agents after 4 years. Giving them 3 is best for us, but the worst option for them as far as negotiating goes. I'm not surprised they're signing on for two years. Gives them the option of another two to get to FA or a long term contract next time.

Great news.

We've got all our core players signed up now.

Looking forward to the draft and trade period.

Call me 'Chicken Little' if you like but didn't Judd only sign two year contracts before ............. getting homesick?

The sky is falling, the sky is falling, the sky is.......................................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smart move. Gaff hasn't even come close to his peak and probably won't be at it in 2 years time. Will give him plenty of scope to demand more money.

Hopefully we aren't afraid to recruit more Victorians.

great news if true. started the year ordinary, but last 8 rounds or so has shown what he can do.

will never be a great defensive player, but if we sort out our midfield he is an incredible outside guy.

For all those questioning the length , maybe that is all Gaff is prepared to sign for. Better than not signing i say.

I'd say it's more his manager's work with the length of contract.

He may have been offered 400k (as an example) per year. His manager said that's fair now, but lets sign 2yrs because you're likely to be about to peak in 2016 and we can sign a much larger and longer contract then instead of being stuck on a lower paying contract for an extra year.

I'd guess it's more to do with money than any intent to leave for Vic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back