Toast Dan Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Never said its all, said he is the conductor of the process

The notion the recruiter/list manager get the players they each think are needed, and THEN Richo works out wages, strategies, etc around that is backwards

The whole point of creating this role was to stop the disjointed messes of past years (ie the mc muffin trade)

I'm a Brutus man myself, maybe next time we can get him instead of a fluffy mc muffin ?:p

Richardson is part of being fully professional. Lots of people are saying we have to land a free agent. I reckon that our approach of chasing hard but not overpaying is right. Last year Collingwood trumped us with extra cash. And I reckon that by doing that a few times they both increase the wages of their existing players ('look at that guys wages, I do as good a job, give me more'), and reduced their ability to land very good players. We have a great future - premiership possibly - and enough money to pay for a very good player. Usually the best players want a premiership and will sacrifice money for it. If we are there or thereabouts and have a good future due to our list being so young, then playing to by the rule of 'pay the right amount for talent' will work IMHO. Right now I reckon we are becoming more and more attractive to players. We can beat anyone anywhere, are very young and have a great support structure. Looks like about a 5 year window. I'd be in that if I was talented and about 27/28.

Richardson is part of being fully professional. Lots of people are saying we have to land a free agent. I reckon that our approach of chasing hard but not overpaying is right. Last year Collingwood trumped us with extra cash. And I reckon that by doing that a few times they both increase the wages of their existing players ('look at that guys wages, I do as good a job, give me more'), and reduced their ability to land very good players. We have a great future - premiership possibly - and enough money to pay for a very good player. Usually the best players want a premiership and will sacrifice money for it. If we are there or thereabouts and have a good future due to our list being so young, then playing to by the rule of 'pay the right amount for talent' will work IMHO. Right now I reckon we are becoming more and more attractive to players. We can beat anyone anywhere, are very young and have a great support structure. Looks like about a 5 year window. I'd be in that if I was talented and about 27/28.
here here

Can I add Dr Tigris also playing in front of one of the biggest clubs/supporter groups will also make us attractive to players?

We are currently 2 gun midfielders short of being a top 4 team, The challenge is to find these 2 midfielders that we need

Dangerfield is risky buisness for us atm both in regards to dollars and also if adelaide match will cost us a good player and 1st round pick

Im hoping that we can trade our 1st for a Yarran/Motlop/Prestia/treloar and hope that a Conca,Lennon,Cellis,Menadue,Short,Butler take the next step and jump up to that level

We should also fully investigate the option of getting James Aish via trade (Astbury,Grimes maybe)

You can never have enough Gun Mids and we should be stocking up with these sorts

Can I add Dr Tigris also playing in front of one of the biggest clubs/supporter groups will also make us attractive to players?

That roar of 70K Tigers before the $#%& EF against Carlton was something. It'd be great to know how many of the players who ran out to that would switch clubs for the experience.

That roar of 70K Tigers before the $#%& EF against Carlton was something. It'd be great to know how many of the players who ran out to that would switch clubs for the experience.
i even had Carlton supporters telling me it was good. for any Players that don't recall we'll have to show them again at each game from now on!

Never said its all, said he is the conductor of the process

The notion the recruiter/list manager get the players they each think are needed, and THEN Richo works out wages, strategies, etc around that is backwards

The whole point of creating this role was to stop the disjointed messes of past years (ie the mc muffin trade)
Yeah generally that's true(never said you did either and neither did I), but I would say Richo is the overall manager of the operation, however the list manager actually does the job, specifically the 'list' stuff. So Blair identifies weaknesses, identifies players that can help, manages the cap etc. He may get help from Richo negotiating new contracts. Overall I agree with most of what you said.

Yes you can TJ. I wonder how much playing in front of tens of thousands of fanatics compares to the luke warm support of a few fans. Some guys would love having the huge crowds I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back