Dane Swan off to Arizona for treatment

Remove this Banner Ad

These rumours originate from the same people that started the Ablett rumours each week last year. Not one person from the CFC has stated that Swan is being looked at to travel o/s.

So he is going to miss 3/4 weeks for a corked thigh? You can run one off in a game if you get the blood flowing there enough.

I've always had a hunch that betting agencies start these rumours.

Odd that Collingwood would even name him with all this apparent well of depth why would they pick someone carrying an injury? Whats ahppened to all these players busting down the door that apparently would walk into all other Senior 22's?

There playing last years wooden spooners at the MCG hardly a danger game.

What, so losing Macaffer, Goldsack, N Brown, Maxwell, L Brown, Jolly, Johnson and Toovey and still beating teams by 30-70 points besides Geelong indicates that our depth is s**t? Very strong argument there. Well done for having no idea!

If Swan doesn't play, Beams will play 100% midfield, McCarthy to take his spot on CHF and Dids and Sidebottom to rotate heavily through the middle.

One of the quickest ways to recover from injuries is to use banned substances such as steroids.

Are the AFL footballers tested for performance-enhancing drugs while they're away on these overseas sojourns? You would think one of the millions of football reporters would investigate this or ask Demetriou some detailed questions.

I suppose whispers, innuendo and denial of any "elevated testosterone levels" is the way to go where Vlad and the media are concerned.

God forbid we should have transparency.

They should send Swanny to that German quack for some of those ox blood transfusions :rolleyes::thumbsu:

Are the AFL footballers tested for performance-enhancing drugs while they're away on these overseas sojourns? You would think one of the millions of football reporters would investigate this or ask Demetriou some detailed questions.

:rolleyes:

as was said repeatedly in the other thread, of course they are. drug testing is global.

Are the AFL footballers tested for performance-enhancing drugs while they're away on these overseas sojourns?

Yes, they are. I would've thought you'd be a little more careful about pointing the finger at other clubs while an injunction still looms above yours, save the smear job for when you've got some actual proof.

:rolleyes:

as was said repeatedly in the other thread, of course they are. drug testing is global.
You can believe that if you want.

The players are barely tested here in Australia for the latest PEDs and masking agents, but we're expected to believe that WADA has someone chasing up our AFL footballers while they're overseas.

America is the place to go, if you want to get the best drugs and use them in a risk-free environment

Just got some good mail suggesting Dane Swan is no chance to play on Sunday as he is off to the United States for treatment to his injured leg. Won't be in Victoria on Sunday week to speak at a planned function, so you would imagine he'll miss the Collingwood-St Kilda clash, too.

West Coast a big chance now. Jolly and Swan are massive outs for an Eagles side boasting Cox and NikNat.

Swan has just been named in the final team to play Sunday vs WCE...

Suggest you get better mail next time.

Nice troll anyway....

however off twitter...

@AFL_PKeane

Sam Butler withdrawn from WC squad rd10 v Coll, due injury. Replaced in 18 by P McGinnity

You can believe that if you want.

The players are barely tested here in Australia for the latest PEDs and masking agents, but we're expected to believe that WADA has someone chasing up our AFL footballers while they're overseas.

America is the place to go, if you want to get the best drugs and use them in a risk-free environment

Lol. You really have no idea about levels the AFL go to.

It's borderline Gestapo.

Yes, they are. I would've thought you'd be a little more careful about pointing the finger at other clubs while an injunction still looms above yours, save the smear job for when you've got some actual proof.
Haha, didn't anyone explain to you the difference between cocaine and PEDs like HGH or EPO?

And as I've posted numerous times, I don't believe the use of illicit drugs or performance enhancing drugs is confined to any one club. It's league-wide concern

It amuses me how people show such faith in the drug-testing procedures, even though they've failed to catch anyone since 1996 and self-confessed drug addict, Ben Cousins was able to win the Brownlow and premiership and never once test positive for anything.

One of the quickest ways to recover from injuries is to use banned substances such as steroids.

I suppose whispers, innuendo and denial of any "elevated testosterone levels" is the way to go where Vlad and the media are concerned.

They should send Swanny to that German quack for some of those ox blood transfusions :rolleyes::thumbsu:

I don't use twitter, but i'd suggest you or someone else, send this sort of stuff to all the media guys that use it - whateley, hutchi, robbo etc, a shot of steroids is just what these guys need to get over nagging injuries, the media needs to make this a big issue and demand AFL drug testers go on the trip with them.

I don't use twitter, but i'd suggest you or someone else, send this sort of stuff to all the media guys that use it - whateley, hutchi, robbo etc, a shot of steroids is just what these guys need to get over nagging injuries, the media needs to make this a big issue and demand AFL drug testers go on the trip with them.

if drug testers went and tested all the collingwood players that may go on this trip and released negative findings, would you believe it??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading between the lines i'd say Swan has a semi serious injury requiring surgery (ending his year), they're probably going to manage it untill the seasons end, the problem i see is they may not be able to get the work into him with conventional training, makes sense if that's the reason.

Whooshka! Seriously though from what I can tell he has a leg injury of some sort, as he hasn't worn any strapping on his knee I'd be amazed if it was to that part of the leg.

Personally I'd like to know of an injury (outside of a knee, shoulder or back) that isn't so debilitating that you can continue to play with it but if you receive surgery you'll be out for the season? In other words surgery wouldn't be season ending, however it would more than likely put him out for 6-8 weeks and the club may have decided that sending him to Arizona for treatment is preferable to him missing that length of time.

That was how Justin Charles was caught as he used them as a method to recover quicker after surgery. Most if not all PED's will be detectable in the body well after the players have returned from the U.S if they go.

If the club and those individuals are stupid enough to go down that path I for one hope they get caught and punished to the full extent of the AFL's powers. Thing is though that this quackpot theory just isn't true.

You are permitted to use banned substances for medical purposes, you just need to document it.

Most players would be on banned painkillers post surgery, it's just noted.

It's when a player is juicing, not documented, and clearly to enhance performance is where there is an issue.
A few low dose steroid injections are not going to make someone become a better football player.

Charles took boldenone which is hardly a painkiller used post surgery....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boldenone

What Chewy was insinuating was that those Collingwood players, that may or may not go over to the states, would be using a substance like Boldenone or Nandrolone which are the best 2 PED's to aid recovery and help them heal.

Again if they do I hope their banned for at least 2 years I just think its fanciful that taking these steroids could be the sole purpose of heading over there. Because nandrelone is detectable in the system up to 12 months afterwards and boldenone 5 months!

Odd that Collingwood would even name him with all this apparent well of depth why would they pick someone carrying an injury? Whats ahppened to all these players busting down the door that apparently would walk into all other Senior 22's?

There playing last years wooden spooners at the MCG hardly a danger game.

7-1:thumbsu:

Charles took boldenone which is hardly a painkiller used post surgery....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boldenone

What Chewy was insinuating was that those Collingwood players, that may or may not go over to the states, would be using a substance like Boldenone or Nandrolone which are the best 2 PED's to aid recovery and help them heal.

Again if they do I hope their banned for at least 2 years I just think its fanciful that taking these steroids could be the sole purpose of heading over there. Because nandrelone is detectable in the system up to 12 months afterwards and boldenone 5 months!

well, some testo cream, with hgh will work just as well in recovery, and clear within 24 hours. Add some insulin and igf-1, but u want a doc present with the insulin, or could get insulin anaphylaxis.

Stanozolol is a coupla weeks. Ask Gennadi Touretski and his AIS group about that, now is coaching Thorpe. Nandrolone is longer. Think the bodybuilders get on that.

Last edited:
Nic Bideau was quoted in the toilet paper this morning, reckons 2 weeks in AZ is BS. Cos it is 5 days b4 jetlag will let u train at 100%, plus 5 on return, leaves you 2 weeks minus 10 days.

And Nic Bideau knows gear. See Cathy Freeman and Craig Mottram's jawlines, compared to when they were 19/20 and conceivably facial bone structure stopped growing naturally. Bideau is one of those people who would sell out their own grandmother, the worst types when it comes to sporting parents/enablers, because they will do what needs to be done to win.

This always will restrict the potential with o/s training. I thought that altitude training's paradigm had changed half a dozen years back, to sleep high, train low. Apart from the weather, they could do that here, or somewhere in the same timezone in Asia with altitude hostel options, and better weather. Planeflights of double figure hours, potential dehydration issues too I assume, even if diligent in hydration.

BS Collingwood caper with the Edward Bernays' comms.

Last edited:
Nic Bideau was quoted in the toilet paper this morning, reckons 2 weeks in AZ is BS. Cos it is 5 days b4 jetlag will let u train at 100%, plus 5 on return, leaves you 2 weeks minus 10 days.

And Nic Bideau knows gear. See Cathy Freeman and Craig Mottram's jawlines, compared to when they were 19/20 and conceivably facial bone structure stopped growing naturally. Bideau is one of those people who would sell out their own grandmother, the worst types when it comes to sporting parents/enablers, because they will do what needs to be done to win.

This always will restrict the potential with o/s training. I thought that altitude training's paradigm had changed half a dozen years back, to sleep high, train low. Apart from the weather, they could do that hear, or somewhere in the same timezone in Asia with altitude hostel options, and better weather. Planeflights of double figure hours, potential dehydration issues too I assume, even if diligent in hydration.

BS Collingwood caper with the Edward Bernays' comms.

Maybe you should contact the club and its experts and let them know how they're are wasting their time, i'm sure they'll appreciate some advice from someone with real knowledge on the subject. :confused::rolleyes:

5 days worth of jet-lag is farcical.48 hours either side would be more-likely

Australian soldiers going on overseas operations immediately do some pt (normally a 6km run) upon arrival before hitting the farter to get their bodies right.then get up and go the next day.

Im sure professional athletes will be able to cope even better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back