Player Watch Dane Swan (Retired 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

saywha.gif

^^^
Literally my face seeing a 'ROAST' thread for Swanny.

Then realizing it bumped from last year

pny.gif

Smoky for the Brownlow and I think he wins our BnF
I concur (except for the Brownlow bit, I reckon Fyfe is a monty after his start to the year).

His last 6 weeks have been outstanding and he will be a big chance to overhaul Pendles who has had a couple of quiet games by his standards in that same time, although a tie between them would be a pretty fair result for mine.

Both absolute champions.

oops.... i'm sorry, I actually typed that post a year ago on the computer in the second bedroom. I haven't used the computer since I wrote the post. I came in and saw the computer was on and I realised that I was still logged into BF and I just sent the post off by mistake.
You're weird bro.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well mate at the time that was probably the way it was then...

so of course now it isn't correct

it's not hard to bring up posts a year old and say wrong.. things change mate

The only things that changed is Swan isn't injured now, he always gave a s**t.

Thread needs a new prefix. 'Roast' has to go ASAP.

this was the original delist swan thread.... not to be confused with the other thread that started recently after his 40 possession game.... i think its a good move to run competing threads so punters can have a swipe at a player in one thread and then tell the world how much they love him in the other thread...

maybe but I distinctly remember a time when he gave the perception he didn't and I think he even articulated this in no uncertain terms.

Definitely gives a s**t and has since his very early days before he learned how to get the most out of his body. It's very well documented the career resurrection he had on the back of Ben Johnson, Chris Tarrant and faith shown in him by Mick Malthouse. Since those times it's pretty obvious he's been completely dedicated to getting the best out of himself, whether or not he acts that way in the media is completely secondary.

Definitely gives a s**t and has since his very early days before he learned how to get the most out of his body. It's very well documented the career resurrection he had on the back of Ben Johnson, Chris Tarrant and faith shown in him by Mick Malthouse. Since those times it's pretty obvious he's been completely dedicated to getting the best out of himself, whether or not he acts that way in the media is completely secondary.

except for last year of course when this thread was called a roast and most of us in the forum were making the assessment that he had enough and was just playing out his contract and should probably be delisted at the end of this year - if you dont believe me, read back into the history of this thread. So it didnt seem pretty obvious that he was completely dedicated last year - at least to the BF contributors. Of course, we've been a lot happier with his attitude recently.

Shane Morwood was laconic but also strong and skillful, one of my favourite players at the club at the time. Scharenberg does not yet play with the same physicality or intensity 1v1 as Morwood.
Some are citing early Dane Swan as a laconic player who appeared to lack intensity. Swan was a long way from being a top 10 draft pick when he arrived at the club. At number 58 in the draft, he was hardly the subject of the same kind of expectation or scrutiny as Scharenberg. Plus it is well known that Swan had a road to Damascus experience that changed his attitude to the game and enabled him to release the talent and commitment that created the Brownlow medal winning champion he became.

I'm having a mental blank - what was Swan's road to Damascus experience and can we achieve same release of talent & commitment for Seeds & Witts to name a couple? (very lighthearted comment regarding Seeds & Witts as I still have some combo of faith & hope for each)

and can we achieve same release of talent & commitment for Seeds & Witts to name a couple? (very lighthearted comment regarding Seeds & Witts as I still have some combo of faith & hope for each)

Yeah they'll be good at Brisbane and GWS respectively next year after they've had their own personal "coming of age" experiences when they get traded back to their home patch.

s**t, disinterested, over-the-hill. De-list at seasons end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back