Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Geelong so deluded that they seriously believe a franchise superstar like Dangerfield is going to sign a 2 year deal as a 25-6 year old Free agent just to be 40mins closer to some shithole he lived in years ago ?

Not if you believe the story of Dangerfield having family members with close ties to Frank Costa.

Adelaide have only themselves to blame if they lose Danger, they had many years to get their issues sorted but didn't.

Not if you believe the story of Dangerfield having family members with close ties to Frank Costa.

Adelaide have only themselves to blame if they lose Danger, they had many years to get their issues sorted but didn't.
So which is it?

BTW, which on-going issues (in that they clearly haven't been sorted out in your opinion) have driven him sobbing into the arms and safety of his family, heroically supported by hulking frame of Frank Costa.

200_s.gif

wont-somebody-please-think-of-the-children.jpg

So you'd give up $5-6mil because some close family friends asked you nicely ?

I reckon he'll be at the Dees next year
He'll be at Richmond, they want to Bolster their midfield. Danger wants success and they are pushing top 4 while beating Freo and Sydney this year. The Tigers will be right in contention if he joins. Melbourne will have a crack like we did last year but I think he'll take less money at club in a better position.

Are Geelong so deluded that they seriously believe a franchise superstar like Dangerfield is going to sign a 2 year deal as a 25-6 year old Free agent just to be 40mins closer to some shithole he lived in years ago ?

Lorne makes 95% of Melbourne look like a shithole :$

No way could Collingwood fit him under their cap Cloke and Pendlebury have to be close to a million a season.
H

Thomas, Shaw, Harry O, Ball , Jolly, Beams and with Swan leaving in a year or so leaves a massive gap. Cloke I believe is our highest paid on about 750 which is not much for the highest paid to be on by todays standards. There is massive room in the cap. I think this would be the least of our issues in getting him to collingwood.

If I was Dangerfield looking for a flag, I'd choose Collingwood over Geelong every day of the week.

Unsure if Adelaide can reach the summit without grabbing Scharenburg, Aish, etc for peanuts.

So would I. No way I would be going to Geelong. Geelong has an ageing list and they are out of the race I would think. If he goes to Geelong it is for the money, if he wants a flag then get involved at Collingwood, Fremantle, Sydney, West Coast, or even Richmond.

So would I. No way I would be going to Geelong. Geelong has an ageing list and they are out of the race I would think. If he goes to Geelong it is for the money, if he wants a flag then get involved at Collingwood, Fremantle, Sydney, West Coast, or even Richmond.
Ageing list? Our list is getting younger. Half the team just about under 50 games!

Is this 2012?

Cats fans must roll their eyes at the ignorance of most football fans in regards to the cat's list!

Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor, Caddy, Guthrie, Duncan, Lang, Gregson, Bews, Thurlow, Kolo, Stanley, Motlop to be around for a while (unless traded). Throw in a promising Cockatoo and development in Kersten.

Add Dangerfield, Henderson, S.Selwood?

Already sitting around even ledger this year having missed Bartel, Kelly most of the year and SJ in terrible form.

In 2-3 years this team will be dynamite!

So you'd give up $5-6mil because some close family friends asked you nicely ?
His wife to be is wanting to move back hence the tough decision between Geelong and Adelaide.

Wouldn't you look to appease your wife to be?

Geelong is the club of his choice as he wants to be closer to friends and family, which is on the surfcoast and she is from Geelong, so if he does move it's easy to see why we're favourites for his signature.

Make no mistake he'll be well remunerated no matter where he goes, Geelong just so happens to have access to a good 3rd party deal in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His wife to be is wanting to move back hence the tough decision between Geelong and Adelaide.

Wouldn't you look to appease your wife to be?

Geelong is the club of his choice as he wants to be closer to friends and family, which is on the surfcoast and she is from Geelong, so if he does move it's easy to see why we're favourites for his signature.

Make no mistake he'll be well remunerated no matter where he goes, Geelong just so happens to have access to a good 3rd party deal in this case.

In My experience not many wives would want you to knock back a guaranteed $5-6mil extra.

In My experience not many wives would want you to knock back a guaranteed $5-6mil extra.
What do you mean guaranteed $5m extra?

He's going to get over a mil at every club, not even getting to 3rd party deals.

Mackie
Enright
Taylor
Lonergan
Bartel
Johnson
Kelly
Rivers

Yeah mate, you're getting on a bit there........
Taylor isn't old.

That's 7 then.

Bartel hardly played this year. Neither Kelly. Johnson is had little impact.

Take them out. That's 4!!!

Definitely need to find another tall defender and small. Not too many gaps though.

Taylor isn't old.

That's 7 then.

Definitely need to find another tall defender and small. Not too many gaps though.
Harry Taylor is going to be 30 next year.

Add Blicavs to my last list and a big injury if with Mitch Clark, still 27.

So that's a good core of 12-15 players who will be around at least 3-5 seasons.

Add to that free agents plus 1-2 years of good drafting.

We will then have the majority of them being around 5+ years, around a similar age.

This isn't just the formula for success but for prolonged success. Dont think that we are going anywhere, even if we have 2 years out of finals. This year and next year are our "bottoming out" we will only get better from here.

Taylor isn't old.

That's 7 then.

Hmmm.... Kelly and Bartel would have to be close to the end surely? Johnson not having impact is a worry, and whilst Taylor is not old he will still need to do a lot to hold that backline together. Not sure what will happen with Mackie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back