Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

The type of player he is he could easily play another 3-4 seasons. Easily
Ideally you want him to be that 2nd or 3rd tall defender for 2017 and onwards, so that could mean having 1-2 quality key defenders ready to take over from Rivers and Lonergan.

Ideally you want him to be that 2nd or 3rd tall defender for 2017 and onwards, so that could mean having 1-2 quality key defenders ready to take over from Rivers and Lonergan.
We have one replacement atm Kolodjashnij. Two if we pull the trigger and push Blicavs back.

We have one replacement atm Kolodjashnij. Two if we pull the trigger and push Blicavs back.
Does Kolodjashnij have the physical atributes to take a number one or two forward from next season onwards?

Blicavs in the backline would be a move I hope doesnt happen, hes average at best there, and seems to playing his current role just fine.

Does Kolodjashnij have the physical atributes to take a number one or two forward from next season onwards?

Blicavs in the backline would be a move I hope doesnt happen, hes average at best there, and seems to playing his current role just fine.
Blicavs spent all preseason working with Scarlett who thinks he could become our CHB, good overhead, elite endurance, just needs to learn positioning IMO. Given how quickly he's learnt so far I wouldn't rule it out. He's our utility really but at 198cm he wouldn't be the worst option for key defence.

Apparently Kolodjashnij has been responsible for the resting ruckman in the VFL this year and at the same height as Lonergan could be our future fullback.

Blicavs spent all preseason working with Scarlett who thinks he could become our CHB, good overhead, elite endurance, just needs to learn positioning IMO. Given how quickly he's learnt so far I wouldn't rule it out. He's our utility really but at 198cm he wouldn't be the worst option for key defence.

Apparently Kolodjashnij has been responsible for the resting ruckman in the VFL this year and at the same height as Lonergan could be our future fullback.
I think he could achieve special things in the midfield, Blicavs that is.

Kolodjashnij from memory (his draft year) was only around the 192/193cm mark, and isnt Lonergan your 197-198 height? If true, its a fair bit of a difference, and could seperate him from being that fullback to being just a 3rd tall defender.

I think he could achieve special things in the midfield, Blicavs that is.

Kolodjashnij from memory (his draft year) was only around the 192/193cm mark, and isnt Lonergan your 197-198 height? If true, its a fair bit of a difference, and could seperate him from being that fullback to being just a 3rd tall defender.
Yeah got my wires crossed. Roughly same height as his backline coach in Scarlett, who was a successful fullback. I think he is a fullback potentially can play above his height.

I also think if we acquire Selwood and Dangerfield Blicavs may be shifted to an area of more urgent need. Defence, they had him pegged for the role but roughly a month ago it was admitted that injuries had forced the plan to be shelved for the time being.

Yeah got my wires crossed. Roughly same height as his backline coach in Scarlett, who was a successful fullback. I think he is a fullback potentially can play above his height.

I also think if we acquire Selwood and Dangerfield Blicavs may be shifted to an area of more urgent need. Defence, they had him pegged for the role but roughly a month ago it was admitted that injuries had forced the plan to be shelved for the time being.
Oh yeah I get you. I see no reason why Kolodjashnij cant be a good key backman whilst Josh Gibson and Scott Thompson are both still playing high quality football.
Just not sure if can be as early as you need it.

Dangerfield is ours mate, hopefully haha

Player like Danger deserves to contend for a flag at some point in his career, would be a shame if he left for anything less.

Hawkins has re-signed with the Cats. Could this be more of an incentive for Danger to deliver the ball into the mitts of Hawkins? Or due to recent events could he not worry about money and going back home due to the bond with his Crows mates.

Be interesting now on the developments of Danger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does getting Dangerfield help the Pies win a premiership within the next 1-5 years? I don't think so.

If he goes to Cats however I think he'd win multiple premierships in the next 1-5 years.
We have a better forward line and better backline. Get Danger and if a Caddy or Guthrie step up - BAM! Plus you have a very easy fixture this year. Don't get ahead of yourselves.

We have a better forward line and better backline. Get Danger and if a Caddy or Guthrie step up - BAM! Plus you have a very easy fixture this year. Don't get ahead of yourselves.
Buddy the cat going to have salary cap issues with Bilcavs wanting more money and just paid Hawkins big dollars now how are u doing fit Dangerfield and Scott Selwood as well you won't be able ,

Cash won't be the problem.

1 When Ablett left that opened up a lot of space so I'm sure we front ended some longer contracts.

2 We have a bunch of guys on the veterans list.

3 Enright/SJ/Kelly might go at the end of the year.

4 The cap is going to increase by 150,000 in each of the coming years - not much but enough to turn an offer of say 550 into 700.

5 Clubs can pay 5% under one year and 5% over the next year - so if we aren't paying the full amount this year we can pay an extra 500 next year.

6 So very quickly, 500 from this year carried over to next + 150 increase + an established player's wage = we can easily offer him 1 mil in his (Danger's) first year and work from there.

7 Lastly, this past trade period we cleared the list of a lot of blokes who would have been on say 200 and replaced them with rookies that's 500k saving right there.

If the crows got Motlop for a 2nd round pick or even 3rd round pick, would that be enough for the crows to let Danger to geelong with matching the cats offer?

The cats still win, the crows do quiet well (especially if they only offer a 3rd rounder) and the AFL will be happy because the player got to wear he wanted.

The thing is the AFL would never allow such a suss deal given the Crows history of draft tampering.

Does getting Dangerfield help the Cats win a premiership within the next 1-5 years? I don't think so.

If he goes to Pies however I think he'd win multiple premierships in the next 1-5 years.

I reckon you would be better served getting Dixon. At the moment I can't see White helping you guys to a flag, and who knows if Reid can stay on the park long enough for that to happen?

The thing is the AFL would never allow such a suss deal given the Crows history of draft tampering.

No you are probably right, they didn't let the Hawks trade with the Buldogs for a 1st round draft pick for a no name player through either. (So that Rawlings went to the PSD).

Ohh, that is right they did. The AFL has never rejected a trade, and they won't reject this one either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back