Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

You have no idea. Geelong has 9 players over 30 on their list. Collingwood has one.

Geelong are only starting to rebuild now. Collingwood has been rebuilding since the 2012 off-season when we traded Wellingham and Dawes and Tarrant retired. Since then, Ben Johnson, Luke Ball, Darren Jolly, Alan Didak, Nick Maxwell etc. all retired.

You're the delusional one.

You have no idea. Geelong have 32 players under 25 on their list. Collingwood has one.

Collingwoods rebuild attempt has only started to get somewhere/nowhere now. Geelong has been successfully rebuilding since the 2012 off-season when they traded in McIntosh and Smedts. Along with spuds like Clark, Brown, Burbury, Walker, Kersten.

They've also lost more veterans since 2010 and are younger when you omit their pointless players. Kelly Rivers Stokes McIntosh, Clark etc are all passengers. Kelly while good isn't core as he has zero impact all the time. Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor and Motlop aren't exactly nearing the end of their careers but many seem to be under the impression they're nearing 30.

Despite mentioned spuddery I don't think they're s**t enough to b2b out the 8.

Last edited:
You have no idea. Geelong have 32 players under 25 on their list. Collingwood has one.

Collingwoods rebuild attempt has only started to get somewhere/nowhere now. Geelong has been successfully rebuilding since the 2012 off-season when they traded in McIntish along with spuds like Wellingham and Dawes and Tarrant retired. Since then, Ben Johnson, Luke Ball, Darren Jolly, Alan Didak, Nick Maxwell etc. all retired.

Despite mentioned spuddery I don't think Geelong are s**t enough to b2b out the 8.

Can you fix that? I don't get it.

Collingwoods rebuild attempt has only started to get somewhere/nowhere now. Geelong has been successfully rebuilding since the 2012 off-season when they traded in McIntish along with spuds like Wellingham and Dawes and Tarrant retired. Since then, Ben Johnson, Luke Ball, Darren Jolly, Alan Didak, Nick Maxwell etc. all retired.

Despite mentioned spuddery I don't think Geelong are s**t enough to b2b out the 8.
We've been trying to beat the system since 2012, the system that is designed to see you fall off and become bottom 4 rebuilding on the run essentially. McIntosh was a gamble that didn't pay off but with an easier draw next season we shouldn't fall any or much at all. Get our trade and FA targets and we should rise a bit.

We've been trying to beat the system since 2012, the system that is designed to see you fall off and become bottom 4 rebuilding on the run essentially. McIntosh was a gamble that didn't pay off but with an easier draw next season we shouldn't fall any or much at all. Get our trade and FA targets and we should rise a bit.

Danger aside.. Your list was practically the same as in the 13 prelim despite some changes with younger players, ie is no different. The same players appear have no heart this year.. almost like a choice as though they'd prefer the longer off season. Your current list was arguably solid top 2-4 material but somethings in the water. Spuds like Varcoe leaving who were bottom 22 in that prelim are not the reason.

Reminds me so much of North, stayed down there but were still a top side. Makes you think a lot re the demeanour/effect of the Scott genome.

The only sides your club is ahead of towards a premiership is Carlton, Brisbane, North, Essendon and Melbourne atm.
You lollingwood supports are truly delusional. In a nutshell you started rebuilding around the same time as Geelong and have compared dismally.

11-11 is nothing to bring about. Last year Geelong finished 2nd and you made 11th :eek:

You've been particularly poor over your rebuild. Whereas Geelong have been fantastic and their worst is still far off yours. Their best far better too. Apples and Oranges really.
What a bizarre post. Firstly, I never mentioned Geelong. Secondly, their circumstances are different to ours...they are about to embark on the real rebuild, we started ours in earnest after 2012, hence why our list is so inexperienced. Time will tell if they stabilise now or bottom out.
Regardless, I was responding to a rival supporters assertion that we will 'get nowhere near it' in the next 4 years. 4 years is a long time. I'm not alone when saying our list is very exciting. Do I think we are an unstoppable juggernaut on the verge of sweeping the competition for the next 4 years? Of course not. Are we going to get close within 4 years?...I'd be very surprised if we don't.

You lollingwood supports are truly delusional. In a nutshell you started rebuilding around the same time as Geelong and have compared dismally.

11-11 is nothing to bring about. Last year Geelong finished 2nd and you made 11th :eek:

You've been particularly poor over your rebuild. Whereas Geelong have been fantastic and their worst is still far off yours. Their best far better too. Apples and Oranges really.
You have got to be joking!!?!! Geelong finished second last year???? What competition are you watching, I think you have your teams mixed up you must be a Cats supporter in disguise seriously!!! Pies showed Friday night where both clubs are at.One team on the rise and the other on a down hill slide.

You have got to be joking!!?!! Geelong finished second last year???? What competition are you watching, I think you have your teams mixed up you must be a Cats supporter in disguise seriously!!! Pies showed Friday night where both clubs are at.One team on the rise and the other on a down hill slide.
And yet we beat you comfortably in round 6 and that shows as little about where the two sides are at as last Friday night did. We've already bottomed out, won't fall much from here.

Take a look around, we've been rebuilding for 3 years now.

And yet we beat you comfortably in round 6 and that shows as little about where the two sides are at as last Friday night did. We've already bottomed out, won't fall much from here.

Well you might fall below us next week

It's not a real rebuild when you have the most players over 30 in the comp with most being key players. Every list in the AFL add youth.

The real rebuild will start when they retire in a few weeks.
32 players under 25. We're doing alright. We'll bolster midfield in FA and key defence via trade. Just need to trade for a durable ruck and we'll be alright for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The core of your team are players on the wrong side of 30. Someone stated earlier that you have 9 players over that age.

Geelong haven't been in the rebuilding phase for 3 years because you've actively tried to extend your window by bringing in older, experienced players like Rivers and McIntosh in an attempt to snag one more premiership, which has ultimately failed. You've also held onto older players such as Kelly, Johnson and Bartel hoping to extract one more ounce of brilliance.

Compare this to Collingwood who realised at the end of 2013 that the team simply was not good enough to challenge again and thus set about delisting legends like Didak, Ball, Jolly and retiring Johnson, Maxwell and others. The players we've brought in all look towards the future (and don't mention Lynch or Young because we got them at the end of 2012).

There are some tough times ahead for Geelong and I suspect that they will fall further than Collingwood because of the slow manner in which they have chosen to dispose of their 'dead wood' meaning it takes longer for their younger players to be exposed to AFL football.

Players over 30 have played 122 games for Geelong this year. That's an average of 6 30 year olds per game. You still haven't hit the bottom yet. It's only just begun.

The core of your team are players on the wrong side of 30. Someone stated earlier that you have 9 players over that age.

Geelong haven't been in the rebuilding phase for 3 years because you've actively tried to extend your window by bringing in older, experienced players like Rivers and McIntosh in an attempt to snag one more premiership, which has ultimately failed. You've also held onto older players such as Kelly, Johnson and Bartel hoping to extract one more ounce of brilliance.

Compare this to Collingwood who realised at the end of 2013 that the team simply was not good enough to challenge again and thus set about delisting legends like Didak, Ball, Jolly and retiring Johnson, Maxwell and others. The players we've brought in all look towards the future (and don't mention Lynch or Young because we got them at the end of 2012).

There are some tough times ahead for Geelong and I suspect that they will fall further than Collingwood because of the slow manner in which they have chosen to dispose of their 'dead wood' meaning it takes longer for their younger players to be exposed to AFL football.

Absolute rubbish. Gee you blokes get chirpy after a win, you forgot we smashed you earlier in the year when we weren't decimated by injury.

If you think that stokes (can't get a game), Mcintosh (hasn't played all year), rivers (not 22 and retired, kolo replaced him), Kelly (in and out of the 22 all year and no longer relied on), Bartel (missed first half of the year and only plays cameo rolls), Mackie (cameo rolls, thurlow being better all year), lonergan (who will be upgraded soon for hendo) are core players - you are smoking too much choof.

Love big footy idiots when they assume that our core better players are the 30+ guys. Big footy at its finest. The reality is for nuffies like you, the 30+ guys are either not best 22 anymore or they play cameo lesser rolls. Half will be gone this year, we rely on Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor, blicavs, motlop, Duncan, Guthrie, caddy more than anyone. They are our core now and all apart from Taylor are under 27. We have 32 players under 25 which is the most if ANYONE apart from the expansion teams.

Add in danger, hendo with further preseasons into promising young guns in cockatoo, rising star nominees in Lang gregson thurlow as well as our ruck to not get injured and we have a pretty good team in the medium to long term.

Back to your nuff nuff fairy land you go.

Collingwoods rebuild attempt has only started to get somewhere/nowhere now. Geelong has been successfully rebuilding since the 2012 off-season when they traded in McIntosh and Smedts. Along with spuds like Clark, Brown, Burbury, Walker, Kersten.

They've also lost more veterans since 2010 and are younger when you omit their pointless players. Kelly Rivers Stokes McIntosh, Clark etc are all passengers. Kelly while good isn't core as he has zero impact all the time. Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor and Motlop aren't exactly nearing the end of their careers but many seem to be under the impression they're nearing 30.

Despite mentioned spuddery I don't think they're s**t enough to b2b out the 8.
Wait what? This was so poorly written I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

To you who are Geelong's core players?

Sent from my Two Cans using A Piece of String

Absolute rubbish. Gee you blokes get chirpy after a win, you forgot we smashed you earlier in the year when we weren't decimated by injury.

If you think that stokes (can't get a game), Mcintosh (hasn't played all year), rivers (not 22 and retired, kolo replaced him), Kelly (in and out of the 22 all year and no longer relied on), Bartel (missed first half of the year and only plays cameo rolls), Mackie (cameo rolls, thurlow being better all year), lonergan (who will be upgraded soon for hendo) are core players - you are smoking too much choof.

Love big footy idiots when they assume that our core better players are the 30+ guys. Big footy at its finest. The reality is for nuffies like you, the 30+ guys are either not best 22 anymore or they play cameo lesser rolls. Half will be gone this year, we rely on Selwood, Hawkins, Taylor, blicavs, motlop, Duncan, Guthrie, caddy more than anyone. They are our core now and all apart from Taylor are under 27. We have 32 players under 25 which is the most if ANYONE apart from the expansion teams.

Add in danger, hendo with further preseasons into promising young guns in cockatoo, rising star nominees in Lang gregson thurlow as well as our ruck to not get injured and we have a pretty good team in the medium to long term.

Back to your nuff nuff fairy land you go.
Lol as if 3 players in Duncan, Stanley and Caddy will make up a 50 point difference especially considering we didn't even play Frost, Toovey, Cloke, Broomhead and Goldsack who are all best 22 members. Collingwood are a long way ahead of Geelong in terms of closer to a flag.

Did I specifically mention Stokes, McIntosh and Rivers as core players? No. You can use all the 'cameo' excuses you want but Enright (who you interestingly neglected to mention), Johnson, Kelly, Mackie, Lonergan and Taylor (close enough to 30) have all played over 15 games this years and are members of your best 22.

It will take a while for these positions to be sufficiently filled; the young players who take these spots won't be superstars overnight. I agree, in the medium to long term you will be a good side but if you think adding Danger, Henderson and Selwood will propel you into top 4 (as is being suggested by another poster) then you are sadly mistaken.

Lol as if 3 players in Duncan, Stanley and Caddy will make up a 50 point difference especially considering we didn't even play Frost, Toovey, Cloke, Broomhead and Goldsack who are all best 22 members. Collingwood are a long way ahead of Geelong in terms of closer to a flag.

So our no.1 ruck, second and third best mids out. There goes our entire mid. Add our CHF in Clark. Remember, we absolutely SMASHED you earlier in the year at closer to full strength. Proof is in the pudding mate.

And lol broomhead, toovey, Goldsack. If these guys are in your 22 then you're in trouble.

Did I specifically mention Stokes, Macintosh and Rivers as core players? No. You can use all the 'cameo' excuses you want but Enright (who you interestingly neglected to mention), Johnson, Kelly, Mackie, Lonergan and Taylor (close enough to 30) have all played over 15 games this years and are members of your best 22.

You mentioned 30 year olds so I mentioned them. Forgot about SJ (still playing well but does not play mid anymore. Hence a LESSER role in the fwd. when he goes, there's a no.10 that goes alright for us who can take over) and Enright whilst been reliable, plays a role we have covered. Guthrie and thurlow both slot in there. There will be no great loss with these players gone.

The others I have already mentioned. Just to repeat - they ARE NOT CORE PLAYERS ANYMORE.

Stop living in your nuff nuff land.

It will take a while for these positions to be sufficiently filled; the young players who take these spots won't be superstars overnight. I agree, in the medium to long term you will be a good side but if you think adding Danger, Henderson and Selwood will propel you into top 4 (as is being suggested by another poster) then you are sadly mistaken.

Stokes - already been replaced. By lang/gregson

Hmac- replaced by Stanley

SJ - should go 1 more it will be replaced by menzel

Enright - replaced by thurlow or Guthrie

Rivers - kolo replaced him already prior to retirement. Kolo looks like a 200 gamer.

Kelly - not in our 22 anymore. Similar to stokes. Bews is better in the bp and our young mids are better now.

Lonergan - won't make our 22 next year if we get hendo

So it appears we are doing quite well replacing these players who since the end of 2014 were no longer in our players.

Young - Middle aged players like motlop, selwood, Duncan, Taylor, Guthrie, Hawkins, caddy, Clark, Menzel, vardy, Stanley, blicavs and Murdoch (add Henderson Scott selwood and dangerfield)

Combined with promising young talent in, Lang, thurlow, gregson (rising star nominees), cockatoo, kolo

Is a damn good outlook.

Unfortunately for people like you (who grasp at straws clinging to the false belief that our 30+ guys carry the team) and who also think we will slide, I've got news for you:

2015 IS our slide. This is as low as it gets. And I look forward to seeing all the upset fans when we return to finals next year and ride back up the ladder for the medium - long term.

[QUOTE="
2015 IS our slide. This is as low as it gets. And I look forward to seeing all the upset fans when we return to finals next year and ride back up the ladder for the medium - long term.[/QUOTE]

I reckon your right. Friday's first half was the worst I've seen Geelong for 9 years... Made Collingwood look like world-beaters. A clean-out and addition of recruits will see them come back strong.

Round 6 yeah great awesome live in the now mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back