Dangerfield coming to Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

All these people saying 'no chance' aren't thinking this through.

Most importantly, Pies are a Victorian club.

Pies have huge money in the cap, probably before losing Beams, now more than ever because of losing Beams, plus possibly losing Keeffe and Thomas makes there be huge wriggle room.

Dangerfield met Pendles for a coffee on Bell Street. Coincidently, at the time Beams was leaving. Aish also flew to Adelaide at this time. My guess is that Collingwood would have been and still is in the equation.

My two cents.

By the end of the year, we'll be the front runner, watch this space...

It's round 4 (ANZAC week no less!) and the two top threads on this board are this & Pies keen on Aish. Something not right with that.
Meh, we all know we are not in the running for a flag this year and are building towards success in the future. Hence I think both mentioned players are relavant although Aish will go to Adelaide in all likelyhood. Anyway im looking forward to seeing what our team looks like in a couple of years time when we will contend again.

Pies have huge money in the cap, probably before losing Beams, now more than ever because of losing Beams, plus possibly losing Keeffe and Thomas makes there be huge wriggle room.

Dangerfield met Pendles for a coffee on Bell Street. Coincidently, at the time Beams was leaving. Aish also flew to Adelaide at this time. My guess is that Collingwood would have been and still is in the equation.

My two cents.

Mate: don't know if you know....but we've been the front runners for every player leaving his club since WW1....paper talk....wait till something actually happens?

Meh, we all know we are not in the running for a flag this year and are building towards success in the future. Hence I think both mentioned players are relavant although Aish will go to Adelaide in all likelyhood. Anyway im looking forward to seeing what our team looks like in a couple of years time when we will contend again.

We're linked to anyone and everyone though. Take it all with a grain of salt, especially in April...

Yeah, saw this article last night. Still a long way to go, but I'm just excited to hear "Collingwood" and "Dangerfield" in the same sentence.
Collingwood is no chance of getting Dangerfield.

Did that sentence float your boat? :p

We would have to do our due diligence, there are probably many more that we speak to where nothing happens, just because it in the paper doesn't make us front runner. My thoughts are Adelaide are still more likely to keep him than not (IMO). Dangerfield needs to be looked at but if we do go down that road it needs to be on our terms and we need to look very closely at what we are giving up or will have to give up within our own playing group. I hope we can generate our own elite talent without having to relying on poaching others. Many people on BF were critcial of Beams, same applies to Dangerfield in reverse.

We would have to do our due diligence, there are probably many more that we speak to where nothing happens, just because it in the paper doesn't make us front runner. My thoughts are Adelaide are still more likely to keep him than not (IMO). Dangerfield needs to be looked at but if we do go down that road it needs to be on our terms and we need to look very closely at what we are giving up or will have to give up within our own playing group. I hope we can generate our own elite talent without having to relying on poaching others. Many people on BF were critcial of Beams, same applies to Dangerfield in reverse.

Danger is a restricted free agent and out of contract. The only thing we will need to give up is salary cap space if he decides to come to us. Someone correct me if I am wrong on that one.

You can actually generate your own talent and also get good players from other clubs at the same time. To not take part in a process (e.g free agency) and limit ourselves to only 'generating our own' to improve our list, when other clubs are using other available avenues, would be to accept being near the bottom for lengthy periods of time.

Beams left whilst contracted - it is not as you say the same as Dangerfield (not that I was critical of Beams for leaving).

Dangerfield is linked with several different clubs, just because a newspaper puts us in the running does not mean we will get him.

We need to keep a lid on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rucci is Adelaides version of Jon Ralph.

Id still love Danger and would have no complaints from me if we managed to acquire his talents.

However, paying 1 million bucks for a player is YET to work for any club. Im not sure if this is the right move in the long term. Short term it will sell massive hopes to the supporters, but in the long term when Broomhead, Pendlebury, Sidey, Kennedy, Grundy etc all come out, that is a huge chunk. Hope our list management would have everything spot on for this if it takes effect. Im more confident with Balme there now than I ever was with Eade, but would still be skeptical.

I think if the Cats struggle this year we will be the front runner come seasons end

If Adelaide make top 4 and give it a shake i could see him staying

Need Cats and Adelaide to struggle we are well over due a star player to end up at Collingwood

I think if the Cats struggle this year we will be the front runner come seasons end

If Adelaide make top 4 and give it a shake i could see him staying

Need Cats and Adelaide to struggle we are well over due a star player to end up at Collingwood

What does Danger really want? Money or success?

My two cents.

Bound to sign with someone else at that point then...

Rucci is Adelaides version of Jon Ralph.

Id still love Danger and would have no complaints from me if we managed to acquire his talents.

However, paying 1 million bucks for a player is YET to work for any club. Im not sure if this is the right move in the long term. Short term it will sell massive hopes to the supporters, but in the long term when Broomhead, Pendlebury, Sidey, Kennedy, Grundy etc all come out, that is a huge chunk. Hope our list management would have everything spot on for this if it takes effect. Im more confident with Balme there now than I ever was with Eade, but would still be skeptical.

His value may actually dictate that's what he could earn but all the clubs in contention for his services don't appear to have that level of sustainable cap space so $750-900K might be more the ball park.

"So you coming to us next, year?" "Durrr, yeppp!" "Ha,ha ha"

046630-9482536c-e7f6-11e4-a30f-c66423242607.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back