List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a real possibly that if AFC match the FA offer for PD and force a trade that it could take a while to get their demand met as they want fair value for PD - fair being more than FA comp. whilst waiting for that to go down, Aish Can't be sorted out either.
They run the risk of losing both by taking too much time on the PD trade details and having Aish move on for a better offer , or stay at BL and still have PD leave.

Just a hypothesis..
Go Catters

Just let him go Crows. If he doesn't wanna be there he doesn't wanna be there.

There is a real possibly that if AFC match the FA offer for PD and force a trade that it could take a while to get their demand met as they want fair value for PD - fair being more than FA comp. whilst waiting for that to go down, Aish Can't be sorted out either.
They run the risk of losing both by taking too much time on the PD trade details and having Aish move on for a better offer , or stay at BL and still have PD leave.

Just a hypothesis..
Go Catters

Geelong , the closest VIC team to SA , so many SA kids.... I wonder what the Crows would do if we started to show interest in Aish? Wouldn't mind returning serve a bit at the Lions as well.
Maybe we tell PD to sign for two and we see him in two years? We have money to spend as well.

Geelong , the closest VIC team to SA , so many SA kids.... I wonder what the Crows would do if we started to show interest in Aish? Wouldn't mind returning serve a bit at the Lions as well.
Maybe we tell PD to sign for two and we see him in two years? We have money to spend as well.

Not sure what the AFC would do, but lock up the razors on the AFC board…..

Sideways would be the only direction they have left…. Carnage….

GO Catters

SC , what has to happen to level up the support? Are Port coming? Not that long ago it seemed that would never catch the AFC.
As I understand it around 70% of SA football followers are "Crows" . They have a fantastic ground , so much support Im not sure why Adelaide are not a super power?Id have to admit if I was them id focus a bit more on SA kids at draft time , we have as many as them I believe which sounds ludicrous.
At times I have wondered if they would have been better served with three clubs all newly created rather than the way it happened.
The support will never be parity. Port is just one club compared to Adelaide, whose roots date back to the amalgamation of 10 clubs in SA to form one AFL entrant club - Port included. When Port joined the AFL in 1997, most if not all of the old Magpie supporters jumped off the Crows to support the Power. In fact, a lot of old Magpie supporters refused to embrace the Crows, despite being "the pride of South Australia" as they believed that it would be only a matter of time before Port got into the AFL.

Think of it the same way as if 9 VFL clubs were to merge together, minus Collingwood. No matter how hard Collingwood tried, they would never have as many supporters. Would it matter though? They still have 80k members and multiple 100k odd supporters. You can only fit a certain amount of them in a ground at any one point. The same goes for Port. They've got 40k+ members, an estimated 200k supporter base (according to someone from the Port board), so when they're playing well they'll fill AO.

The support is far from level. I've worked all over Adelaide, north, south city and hills... certain areas have zones which will have pockets where certain groups of supporters may be, but I'd say that on average Crow supporters outweigh Port supporters 2:1. Port will always be the "little brother" and as such will be expected to not achieve as much as the Crows in the eyes of Crow supporters. So when there's a case of Port doing really well compared to Adelaide and looking like the "destination club" in SA, it's always going to agitate Adelaide supporters. If Danger leaves Adelaide, it'll be the Port trolling of them which will rile some of their supporters up just as much as the actual event.

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/rowey-bicks/cornesy-says-dangerfield-likely-to-go

The Adelaide Crows have been told Patrick Dangerfield is likely to leave the club, Graham Cornes reports.

Speaking about the Crows on FIVEaa, Cornes said: “I hate to say this because I don’t want this speculation to fester and accumulate but it will… they think Patrick Dangerfield is gone.”

“There doesn’t seem to be much doubt about that. I think he’s even indicated to the club that he’s unlikely to stay,” Cornes told Rowey and Bicks.​

http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/rowey-bicks/cornesy-says-dangerfield-likely-to-go

The Adelaide Crows have been told Patrick Dangerfield is likely to leave the club, Graham Cornes reports.

Speaking about the Crows on FIVEaa, Cornes said: “I hate to say this because I don’t want this speculation to fester and accumulate but it will… they think Patrick Dangerfield is gone.”

“There doesn’t seem to be much doubt about that. I think he’s even indicated to the club that he’s unlikely to stay,” Cornes told Rowey and Bicks.​

Thety are shooting holes in this over there….

Its like the battle of Britain and they are just shelling any article, rumour or quote that says he's out regardless of the source.

Of course, where there is a lot of smoke that is the same colour, surely there is fire…..

Go Catters

I did hear that interview. Unfortunately Graham Cornes is considered a senile old git over here, so a lot of what he says holds very little weight these days. He could have been reporting that Aish wanted to join the Crows and been extremely positive about it, but the tri-coloured cynics would still have held an equal amount of scepticism. It doesn't mean that what he's saying is incorrect though. Some supporters over on the Crows board refuse to acknowledge anything that Hutchy reports regarding Daingerfield, just because he supports the Cats. Make if that what you will....

Thety are shooting holes in this over there….

Its like the battle of Britain and they are just shelling any article, rumour or quote that says he's out regardless of the source.

Of course, where there is a lot of smoke that is the same colour, surely there is fire…..

Go Catters

Where there is smoke.... there is cod , and the fishy smell is going to linger all year. Be an interesting thesis some one , the mental aspect of someone in a high performance highly competitive sport being assigned to the task of committing themselves 100% to a club team they are leaving. I mean Im doing it my work but Im not living and working in a environment like AFL or or NRL.

Again , him saying he wants out doesn't equal Crows willing to let him go. What if our offer is a very good offer , an offer that puts him in our best 3-5 paid players along side Joel and Hawk , that would put his price well within what Crows can match....unless they commit to a deal elsewhere like the Cameron one. If they signed Cameron , we could have just offered 800 , as I doubt they would have matched it.

I did hear that interview. Unfortunately Graham Cornes is considered a senile old git over here, so a lot of what he says holds very little weight these days. He could have been reporting that Aish wanted to join the Crows and been extremely positive about it, but the tri-coloured cynics would still have held an equal amount of scepticism. It doesn't mean that what he's saying is incorrect though. Some supporters over on the Crows board refuse to acknowledge anything that Hutchy reports regarding Daingerfield, just because he supports the Cats. Make if that what you will....

Fair enough them not acknowledging Hutch , but because he follows the Cats is not a valid reason. He is an example of some football media , a blend of vermin , parasite and town crier ..can one rely on what he says? He has a knack for throw a lot out there , soon or later he hits the mark... a electric air moving device and effluent comes to mind.

Do you think Danger still wants to be a part of where they are going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Packers are awesome. So it is good.

The packers are the best small franchise in the world. Fantastic success, both on and off the field. Supported greatly by its community.

If the cats are compared to them, that's fantastic for the cats

I see on our website one supporter has compared us to GreenBay ..No idea if that is good or bad

It's a brilliant comparison (though im biased as a long time Packer Fan). Green Bay and Geelong share a great deal in common i feel, fantastic off-field leadership, brilliant talent identification and development, small town team, and a long, largely successful history in the sport they compete in. Part of the reason i began following Green Bay was due to the easy comparison between them and the Cats.

Kevin Sheedy compared Geelong to the Green bay Packers in an article he wrote for the Geelong Advertiser in 2001. He said that if Geelong get their affairs in order, and they can find a way to bcome a successful organisation, they would mirror the Packers in many ways. I think that he was correct.

Dangerfield won't be at the Crows next year. That is almost guaranteed. The perfect storm would have to happen for Paddy to stay in Adelaide. Providing that a) the Crows don't sign a marquee player or extremely promising young talent (like Aish), b) the Crows have a very very good year, c) Paddy gets along VERY well with Phil Walsh and d) the Crows' faith or sheer desperation (whichever comes first) gets the better of them resulting in them offering him a MASSIVE deal, he's as good as gone! Where to? We know that Collingwood will offer enormous coin... well exceeding any offer that we'll table. Will he choose us or the money of Collingwood? We need more facts to solve this eqation! I'm just hoping that it'll be us and his desire to live in Moggs Creek and only wanting a 50km commute to work and nothing more...

I think the chance of Dangerfield staying is a lot higher than what your stating, and i doubt we will offer the massive deal (what we were rumored to offer Cameron). In fact, i actually believe if he signs for us, he'll take a paycut (it fits into the image he's set for himself).

In 2012 (The * you Tippett/Trigg year) Dangerfield was quoted after Tippett left that "Disappointing day for the AFC. Club has done everything it could. But you have to want to be apart (sic) of where we are going" This was taken as a backhand at Tippett not buying in and being a mercenary, however, it also showed what Danger is looking for and that is a premiership side, and many times he's stated he'll ideally do that at Adelaide.

So for us to keep him, we need to show we're building for a premiership side, so yes the first half of 2015 is make or break because he isn't staying if we are still floundering, alternatively though there is potential to keep him if we show we are building for an assault in 2017 on-wards (Stated by Walsh) though.

So, lets say status quo remains and we're in that awkward state we are in now and that's a side that's core is strong enough to be a premiership contender, but has no real depth. That'll mean Dangerfield is 100% gone, so lets look at his suitors:

Geelong: Huge question marks on them for this season... i have them dropping due to last finals series, they looked cooked, however, this is a side that's been able to keep it's head above water for the last few seasons. If he was a FA at the end of 2013 he'd be playing for Geelong now... but will they be a contender 2016 onwards is the big question. If the answer is no, then no matter what you offer to Danger, he won't be coming to Geelong. If the answer is yes, then you'll be in a very good position.

Collingwood: You can be absolutely guaranteed they will offer a godfather offer, however, their biggest problem is Collingwood are in the same awkward situation we are in. If they show they are going to a contender from 2016 onwards they are in a good position to get him, however, Dangerfield is a very image conscious footballer, so it's hard to see him going regardless of the money if Collingwood are stagnant.

Melbourne/Carlton/Saints/Bulldogs: No chance whatsoever unless a miracle occurs or PSD is in play

Essendon: If ASADA wasn't hanging over their heads, they'd be in a very good position to get Danger, however, it is so they are in the negative percent chance to get him...

North: I have no idea with them at all, but there is a decent position to sign him, depends on cap position though.

This leaves the side i reckon Dangerfield will end up if he leaves which it's Hawthorn and it'll be around an 850k per year offer, they fit everything Dangerfield has stated he wants, which is they are a contender, should be a contender for a few more years which does the second thing Danger is after and that's his image is intact, i.e he's not seen as a money hungry mercenary (think back to his comments towards Tippett)

Right now though, we're in the box seat to retain him as we are beginning to show signs of building towards a premiership side by sacking Sando and starting to get our off field back in shape after close to a decade of mediocrity, will it be enough is the million dollar question though.

Other references to what i'm on about:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-20/danger-money-no-issue (I'm not happy with the source admittedly, but, i also don't want a puff piece that'll sell papers which most of the Dangerfield is leaving feels like.)
http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/rowey-bicks/dangerfield-making-the-right-sounds-says-dwayne-russell

I think the chance of Dangerfield staying is a lot higher than what your stating, and i doubt we will offer the massive deal (what we were rumored to offer Cameron). In fact, i actually believe if he signs for us, he'll take a paycut (it fits into the image he's set for himself).

In 2012 (The **** you Tippett/Trigg year) Dangerfield was quoted after Tippett left that "Disappointing day for the AFC. Club has done everything it could. But you have to want to be apart (sic) of where we are going" This was taken as a backhand at Tippett not buying in and being a mercenary, however, it also showed what Danger is looking for and that is a premiership side, and many times he's stated he'll ideally do that at Adelaide.

So for us to keep him, we need to show we're building for a premiership side, so yes the first half of 2015 is make or break because he isn't staying if we are still floundering, alternatively though there is potential to keep him if we show we are building for an assault in 2017 on-wards (Stated by Walsh) though.

So, lets say status quo remains and we're in that awkward state we are in now and that's a side that's core is strong enough to be a premiership contender, but has no real depth. That'll mean Dangerfield is 100% gone, so lets look at his suitors:

Geelong: Huge question marks on them for this season... i have them dropping due to last finals series, they looked cooked, however, this is a side that's been able to keep it's head above water for the last few seasons. If he was a FA at the end of 2013 he'd be playing for Geelong now... but will they be a contender 2016 onwards is the big question. If the answer is no, then no matter what you offer to Danger, he won't be coming to Geelong. If the answer is yes, then you'll be in a very good position.

Collingwood: You can be absolutely guaranteed they will offer a godfather offer, however, their biggest problem is Collingwood are in the same awkward situation we are in. If they show they are going to a contender from 2016 onwards they are in a good position to get him, however, Dangerfield is a very image conscious footballer, so it's hard to see him going regardless of the money if Collingwood are stagnant.

Melbourne/Carlton/Saints/Bulldogs: No chance whatsoever unless a miracle occurs or PSD is in play

Essendon: If ASADA wasn't hanging over their heads, they'd be in a very good position to get Danger, however, it is so they are in the negative percent chance to get him...

North: I have no idea with them at all, but there is a decent position to sign him, depends on cap position though.

This leaves the side i reckon Dangerfield will end up if he leaves which it's Hawthorn and it'll be around an 850k per year offer, they fit everything Dangerfield has stated he wants, which is they are a contender, should be a contender for a few more years which does the second thing Danger is after and that's his image is intact, i.e he's not seen as a money hungry mercenary (think back to his comments towards Tippett)

Right now though, we're in the box seat to retain him as we are beginning to show signs of building towards a premiership side by sacking Sando and starting to get our off field back in shape after close to a decade of mediocrity, will it be enough is the million dollar question though.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-20/danger-money-no-issue (I'm not happy with the source admittedly, but, i also don't want a puff piece that'll sell papers which most of the Dangerfield is leaving feels like.)
http://www.fiveaa.com.au/shows/rowey-bicks/dangerfield-making-the-right-sounds-says-dwayne-russell
Look, most of what you've said is a fair enough statement from your perspective. What I've said and what you've said are based on very few facts, therefore they're an opinion which we're both entitled to have. But the bolded part of your post is you getting way too ahead of yourself, though. The season hasn't even started yet, dude! You're not in the box seat for anything! No signs have been shown either way as to whether your club has got its s**t together off-field. You should probably let the honeymoon period end before making such claims.

Yeah every club is "beginning to show signs of building towards a premiership side" in March.

Look, most of what you've said is a fair enough statement from your perspective. What I've said and what you've said are based on very few facts, therefore they're an opinion which we're both entitled to have. The bolded part of your post is you getting way too ahead of yourself, though. The season hasn't even started, dude! You're not in the box seat for anything! No signs have been shown either way as to whether your club has got their s**t together off-field. You should probably let the honeymoon period end before making such claims.

I accept your point, but the fact we've had an review on a coach, beginning to clean out our off field positions (which has been massively under performing for the last decade) and got rid of a CEO that just wanted a boys club, as well as hiring people that have a fair bit of top end experience in rolls shows encouraging signs that are getting it together. That said, you are right, it's not truly proven until we get through the season and it could of been worded better on my end, but that's hindsight.

In 2012 (The **** you Tippett/Trigg year) Dangerfield was quoted after Tippett left that "Disappointing day for the AFC. Club has done everything it could. But you have to want to be apart (sic) of where we are going" This was taken as a backhand at Tippett not buying in and being a mercenary, however, it also showed what Danger is looking for and that is a premiership side, and many times he's stated he'll ideally do that at Adelaide.

How completely delusional
That is just insanity.

I accept your point, but the fact we've had an review on a coach, beginning to clean out our off field positions (which has been massively under performing for the last decade) and got rid of a CEO that just wanted a boys club, as well as hiring people that have a fair bit of top end experience in rolls shows encouraging signs that are getting it together. That said, you are right, it's not truly proven until we get through the season and it could of been worded better on my end, but that's hindsight.

Cant really argue with anything you've written and it is reasonable. Its also reasonable we will go harder after him. And we have a secret weapon…
Well 2 actually….

Moggs Creek and Frank Costa.

I guess the Moggs thing is just plum luck. But if he really loved being in Adelaide so much - why would he spend so much time in Moggs every chance he gets? Its a big factor and one that no amount of money can buy. Not saying PD can't be bought by Pies or Hawks. But 850 to live in Melbourne and see Moggs occasionally of 850 to live there and see it every day.

Its very real.

Of course, he could be just playing a drinking game that every time there is a post on BF about him leaving, he has to drink…

Go Catters

I think only one poster said that.

Others may have said that, if it doesn't involve a client of his broadcast partner, Hutchy gets very few right.

Honestly mate, I know that you mean well but you may aswell have just written that post to yourself because it seems pretty clear to me that that's the person that you're trying to convince the most.

Money will still talk, look at Ablett and Franklin walk out on Premiership teams that you would think would never leave 12 months before that.

In 2012 we had no way of satisfying a deal as Danger wasn't an FA (or RFA in this case) and I doubt he would have come for unders to us either. This time round we have more resources to get him here.

Even if Crows do climb that ladder next year (no guarantee) if Danger has half a brain, he would think to himself "is this going to be another Sando where we have one up year followed by down the next 2?"

Not saying Cats will be any better either for the record, but if we had half a brain, we should be looking at Danger, Sloane and Talia among other players ooc this year and going hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back