List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see how we can get him now, seriously what would we have to give up? Guthrie, Motlop and a 1st rounder is what Adelaide would command, well something like that anyway.

If it's true he wants out now, I think you can count us out, but next season, that's a different story.

Other problem with right now is money. Most astute clubs (Geelong included hopefully) would have 5-600k left in salary cap most years for free agency/trades. Tough to keep that spare but just how clubs need to operate now and enough for us to make a go at Frawley. But Dangerfield also? Potentially both would need to take 250-300k first year. Doesn't sound like a big deal when your contract is severely back ended but who knows what they are tied in to financially next year? Danger in particular co owns a pub in Adelaide. He may want to leave but also keep his share. Getting paid about a third what he was planning to next year will make that hard.

I said that yesterday. He HAS to nominate us and us only. Question is, what would you prepared to give up IF he is wanting out NOW?
See above. First round pick and a decent young player (e.g. Murdoch) is all we could do. We can't do anything silly involving say Motlop or Guthrie.

I can't work out if Danger is angry with the situation or with the players being blamed...

Lots of talk about staying unified and going forward, not words of someone about to walk I don't think

I can't work out if Danger is angry with the situation or with the players being blamed...

Lots of talk about staying unified and going forward, not words of someone about to walk I don't think

This. People are just assuming about him 'wanting' to leave'. Sounding to me very much like an Adelaide player who supports the decision.

Danger: "We must stay unified and we will stay unified"

Danger says talk about contract situation premature, still 12 months to go.

He met Alistair Clarkson today... About International rules games :D

You get another club involved to help satisfy the Crows. They'll want a top 10 pick and then some and fair enough too.

Ryder might cost Brisbane a first rounder but their first might be paying overs so maybe we can look to swap picks (give them 16 and something for pick 8*).
Then offer pick 8 and a player (insert player with SA origin here) for Danger.

* Just guessing pick numbers.

Crows get better compensation than if he leaves next year under FA. Danger gets to play in a successful side. Lions get their man and tge Bombers get back into the first round.

Think he's pissed off about players getting all the heat.
Didn't talk like someone about to be traded.
Didn't talk like someone who will be signing with Adelaide soon.

I'm starting to suspect the players being behind it is a pack of lies judging by his reaction.

As to what he said about being unified ect what else was he meant to say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to suspect the players being behind it is a pack of lies judging by his reaction.

As to what he said about being unified ect what else was he meant to say?
Really I read it as they don't like being blamed but they clearly gave pretty poor feedback in the exit interviews... and it wasn't a huge surprise

Pretty gutless of the board to allow the players to take the heat, it wasn't neccessary and it'll backfire on them I suspect.

Yea sounds like the board consulted the players/group or leadership group just like any would before they decide to continue with, extend or part way with a coach. There must have been some extremely poor feedback somewhere though as a coach getting sacked with 2 years to run is pretty drastic. They were disappointing this year but wasn't disastrous and they have had excuses.

Last edited:
My take on PD on TFS

STRONG. A good offense is better than a good defense , very strongly answered. I have 12 month to go etc and it doesn't need to be talked about.
To me he said all the right things that would make fit very comfortably into the Crows side but it also teh way he answered would allow him to come out later on and say this opportunity has come up etc,etc.
My guess is if he stays the new coach will make him Capt if he wants it.

The only way this gets done is this.

Dangerfield decides he's going. He decides he wants to come to Geelong. He tells the Crows that this is what is going to happen.

We then come up with something fairly modest as a trade. They do it to avoid getting nothing. The end.

We are not really competing with other clubs based on the quality of what we offer the Crows. We're competing with them to be the club Dangerfield nominates as his preferred destination.

Dangerfield's relationship with Sando wasn't as strong as you may think it was, from what I've here'd danger hated the way Sando tried to affect his game this year. I don't know what you've here'd but I don't know how you could think roo would ask to sack Sando without our best players knowledge...

I said that yesterday. He HAS to nominate us and us only. Question is, what would you prepared to give up IF he is wanting out NOW?
Nominating us is the only way we can get this done as I see it.

If it becomes a bidding war or he nominates 4 or 5 Vic clubs you have to start looking at it like this....

What would you want in return for Selwood if he wanted out?

Because Dangerfield, in my mind, is Adelaide's equivalent.

Nominating us is the only way we can get this done as I see it.

If it becomes a bidding war or he nominates 4 or 5 Vic clubs you have to start looking at it like this....

What would you want in return for Selwood if he wanted out?

Because Dangerfield, in my mind, is Adelaide's equivalent.

That's exactly right, it's going to take a lot more than our crappy 1st rounder and some unproven or unfulfilled players like HSmith and/or Murdoch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back