List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solomons Gepps Cross
Contact Us
Owner/Operator: Troy Barnes

Best advertising money he ever spent.
Yep easily worth at least double what he paid and probably a hell of a lot more than that really

Wouldn't want to have the next campaign for that billboard, the rent will have gone up!

And IHOP! So aspirational are Crows fans!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of last season Geelong swapped draft picks 14 and 35 to the crows for picks 10 and 47

A lot of people looked at this at the time that it was strange but maybe Geelong came to an agreement that they would trade for danger the season after if he was to choose to leave and that helped sweeten the deal.
It's just a thought, I have read worse.

At the end of last season Geelong swapped draft picks 14 and 35 to the crows for picks 10 and 47

A lot of people looked at this at the time that it was strange but maybe Geelong came to an agreement that they would trade for danger the season after if he was to choose to leave and that helped sweeten the deal.

Its not that much of a difference. Using the new AFL points system
14+35 is 1683 points
while
10+47 is 1711 points
So 28 points in our favour or pick 71 in the draft. In other words it was quite even. If it wasn't the trade wouldn't have gone ahead.

I think that you're looking far too deep into something that doesn't exist. It's pretty simple from where I sit, and it has nothing to do with Danger. Adelaide always wanted Lever and knew he'd be available well after their pick #10 and they also wanted Harrison Wigg but didn't think that he'd last until pick #47. Geelong needed quality young mids and with Christensen out the door, Cockatoo fitted the bill perfectly. He was almost certainly going to be taken by one of the WA teams who had picks before us so getting pick #10 from the Crows was exactly what we needed. Cory Gregson also fell to pick #47. Whether he was our specific target with that pick, who knows? One thing I can say for certain is that it was one of the most mutually beneficial trades in a long time. The fact that it was Geelong and Adelaide is completely independent to anything to do with Danger.

Its not that much of a difference. Using the new AFL points system
14+35 is 1683 points
while
10+47 is 1711 points
So 28 points in our favour or pick 71 in the draft. In other words it was quite even. If it wasn't the trade wouldn't have gone ahead.

Wasn't even aware points were included for draft picks in that sense.
But that makes sense, thanks

I think that you're looking far too deep into something that doesn't exist. It's pretty simple from where I sit, and it has nothing to do with Danger. Adelaide always wanted Lever and knew he'd be available well after their pick #10 and they also wanted Harrison Wigg but didn't think that he'd last until pick #47. Geelong needed quality young mids and with Christensen out the door and Cockatoo fitted the bill perfectly. He was almost certainly going to be taken by one of the WA teams who had picks before us so getting pick #10 from the Crows was exactly what we needed. Cory Gregson also fell to pick #47. Whether he was our specific target with that pick, who knows? One thing I can say for certain is that it was one of the most mutually beneficial trades in a long time. The fact that it was Geelong and Adelaide is completely independent to anything to do with Danger.

That's how I read it at the time, it was just a thought.
Geelong and Adelaide seemed to be able to work out a good deal to suit both clubs.
That's a good indication we won't get stuffed around I hope

That's how I read it at the time, it was just a thought.
Geelong and Adelaide seemed to be able to work out a good deal to suit both clubs.
That's a good indication we won't get stuffed around I hope
I've taken the conservative path with my observation but that is only because I just don't feel that last year's trade forms any part of the equation regarding Patrick Dangerfield and this year. I don't even think that the fact that the two clubs have a good trading history can be taken into account when discussing Patrick Dangerfield. When you're discussing hot property on the Dangerfield magnitude, I think that all good will is thrown out the window and the bargaining starts from scratch.

Wasn't even aware points were included for draft picks in that sense.
But that makes sense, thanks
It's a new thing being introduced this year for the academy and free agency bidding. I have no doubt that clubs will uses the point system as a way to value picks. And the smart clubs will abuse the system as much as possible.

LOL at Patrick taking the piss out of Betts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back