List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post jnrb! Let's just have faith that they know what they're doing + all their jaunts to Harvard pay off.
What if Joel Selwoods annual wage is somewhat not as inflated as the industry might expect, with some of what he'd rightly be worth flowing down to his brothers contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are your guys thoughts on getting Dander via the draft route?
I think it would be unlikely for another side to take him as its not worth having a player on your list that doesn't want to be there.
Its perhaps a bit risky but better than being held to ransom by Adelaide.

There's no way AFC is going to get what they think Paddy's worth, and there's no way Geelong is going to shoot itself in the foot over one player. I think Adelaide should take the compo pick, then we could do a trade of picks with possibly another club involved. That way the Crows could still end up with our Pick 9 and the compo pick, while we might get another second rounder to use in another trade. That would be the best result for both teams. But if Adelaide want to be obnoxious about it then Paddy will walk. I don't see AFC as a team who'd treat a former champion of their club that way anyway.

Can Dangerfield say no to other clubs? If he wants to come to us, what can he do to ensure he does, if he's in the draft?

To some degree... he is at the whims of a silly club... If a club is really silly and wants throw away a chance a top 10 kid for 1 year with Danger..then its dangerous.. especially when FA doesn't carry over. But due to some clubs need picks for the Academy kids , and the real early picks being potential franchise players.. its probably only one or two clubs that would potentially take him.

I think it would be unlikely for another side to take him as its not worth having a player on your list that doesn't want to be there.
If Paddy went into the draft he'd make his price so high that no other club would touch him. So we get him anyway.

Too important as a goalkicker. Motlop will be huge in 2016 being free of attention he got this year.
With a better midfield getting the ball more often on the inside (hopefully) it should help the outside runners get the ball more often. Hope it helps Duncan too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day, it's just leverage. Geelong and Connors will hold it over Adelaide to ensure a trade is reasonable, but it's not going to eventuate because Adelaide will have to accept whatever Geelong offers over the alternative (nothing).

Mystery mid still in play?
thats the only thing wells will need to work on
friday will be done done done done
the only thing happening is what way ade crows will let their fans down

i am expecting comments like
- in respect to our culture and helping our players through a tough period
- geelong didnt have any players wanting to come home
- we value pds leadership etc

Backs: Lonergan, Taylor, Henderson, Kolo, Enright, Mackie, Thurlow, Bartel?, Bews. Except for the latter where is the speed? Danger, a fit Menzel, a fit Duncan and an improving Guthrie/Cookatoo might have the goal kicking covered.
Possibly Gore at some point?

thats the only thing wells will need to work on
friday will be done done done done
the only thing happening is what way ade crows will let their fans down

i am expecting comments like
- in respect to our culture and helping our players through a tough period
- geelong didnt have any players wanting to come home
- we value pds leadership etc

So are you expecting Adelaide to match?

our main deals are done
except for one and word is getting stronger - we more than likely will be trading our first pick towards a mid
Does his name rhyme with Hatrick Rangerpeeled? :D

our main deals are done
except for one and word is getting stronger - we more than likely will be trading our first pick towards a mid

That would be #5? ... if we brought that home.... great.

I do wonder how so many other spots will be filled ...P85,P86 etc? PFA?

But one thing I agree with TerryW on, it all gets down to the cost of Danger. We get this all done without selling our soul and our future.. and we are back in it. (someone has to step up... Hawks are turning this comp into a farce)

I'm with Seeds here.

Just don't understand why people feel the need to resort to personal insults. Debates and discussions are most productive when done so factually, not emotionally.

Naive I know, but still.

Anyhow, I digress. Carry on :)
I hope neither you or Seeds saw that as me having a go at him, I wasn't. Just pointing out nastiness is very common. I've noticed more so in the off season

people
geelong will be all done by day three of the trade period
and we will be in a good place

it will give plenty of people time to post their apologies

Beautiful! If we're done by Day 3 does that mean we can start pre-season training??

One thing you cannot be accused of, is not building up some suspense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back