Dangerfield to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely no new coach is going to willingly trade away their best player even if there's a chance of them walking through FA? Coaches get judged so severely by fans/media in the first 6-9 months so the new coach is going to want to have all guns blazing.

Trading 2, 3 and Toumpas is ridiculous - Dangerfield is a dam good player but there are also limits on what players are worth. Even Judd wasn't worth that much.

Stability = success.

The sooner Adelaide realise that, the sooner they win a flag.

Sure. Surround yourself with mediocre coaches and plenty of mediocre players and then hold onto them for dear life. Very stable and very little chance if success. Although, having gotten rid of a ratten in the hand for the old dinosaur in the bush, you're well qualified to comment.

Sure. Surround yourself with mediocre coaches and plenty of mediocre players and then hold onto them for dear life. Very stable and very little chance if success. Although, having gotten rid of a ratten in the hand for the old dinosaur in the bush, you're well qualified to comment.

It took Thompson how long at Geelong?

Sando proved he could coach in the first 12 months. 3 years is not long enough.

Surely no new coach is going to willingly trade away their best player even if there's a chance of them walking through FA? Coaches get judged so severely by fans/media in the first 6-9 months so the new coach is going to want to have all guns blazing.

Trading 2, 3 and Toumpas is ridiculous - Dangerfield is a dam good player but there are also limits on what players are worth. Even Judd wasn't worth that much.

2, 3 & Toumpas for Danger also included 9 and Lyon going to the Dees - if you are referring to my post.

Lets say Danger is worth pick 1 & 20 & Lyon is worth 40. Toumpas valued at 15 (Guestimates).

That's 1, 9, 20 & 40 for 2, 3 & 15. Sounds like a win-win to me.

The point is, I reckon Adel need to serious reload with all the shite they've gone through...losing Tippett & Davis...draft penalties...poor coaching decisions. Melbourne need a figure like Danger to take them forward...Lyon will help...and they still hit the draft early with pick 9.

The Roos factor...from a marketing POV he attracts good people to the club, including players.

Goodwin and Danger must have a little history also.

If Danger goes this year then Melb is one of few Vic clubs to have the assets to satisfy a trade.

The Roos factor...from a marketing POV he attracts good people to the club, including players.

If Danger goes this year then Melb is one of few Vic clubs to have the assets to satisfy a trade.

Well Danger is about to experience true pressure.

I hope he's up to it. God help him if he puts "talks on hold until the end of the season".

I assume you mean high draft picks. Because anyone who thinks Toumpas has currency is delusional.

Roo and goody have owned pubs together.

Roo, tex and danger own a pub together.

Would suggest danger and goody have crossed paths although the common thread is the guy who is turning the AFC on its head at the moment.

Dangerfield wants to win. He aint playing for melbourne. Or the dogs for that matter :(
I know Melbourne supporters cop a lot of cr@p but this is true.

Danger won't go to Melbourne. Would also be surprised if he went to Geelong for that matter given half their team will be in need of wheel chairs in the next few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger isnt going anywhere. At least not this offseason.

I thought to play International rules you need to be in the All Australian team. Danger did not make the squad this year!!

I hope he is the big fish we are chasing to eventually replace Hodge/Mitch.

I know Melbourne supporters cop a lot of cr@p but this is true.

Danger won't go to Melbourne. Would also be surprised if he went to Geelong for that matter given half their team will be in need of wheel chairs in the next few years.
Take Dangerfield out of your side and put him in ours, and it's not a stretch to see us finishing above you. I'd also think in terms of lists, ours has more upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back