What the FLICK is going on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skav

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Have heard over the last few days that the club always had the intention of trading Harley. With the cap room opened the club has made a play for danger (with the afl supporting it, and getting a number of 3rd party deals outside the cap).

This is delaying the other resignings. Pick 3 will likely be used on Curnow as he offers the utility we require.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Have heard over the last few days that the club always had the intention of trading Harley. With the cap room opened the club has made a play for danger (with the afl supporting it, and getting a number of 3rd party deals outside the cap).

This is delaying the other resignings. Pick 3 will likely be used on Curnow as he offers the utility we require.

Thats fairly outlandish.
But i like it.
Doubtful it would happen though.

vide0n

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Where are you getting your info Skav?

That'd be the golden ticket for selling some hope, snagging the hottest property for the second year in a row, but oh how it will cut when we fail to pull it off

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Where are you getting your info Skav?

That'd be the golden ticket for selling some hope, snagging the hottest property for the second year in a row, but oh how it will cut when we fail to pull it off

Its a great story, but just that. No way is Danger coming to us for 2 reasons

• The other clubs would be up in arms (eg Sydney) and the AFL doesn't need anymore bad press
  • There has been talk about him to the Cats for 2 years, we all now realise (Dixon) where there is smoke there is fire.

Skav

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Its a great story, but just that. No way is Danger coming to us for 2 reasons

• The other clubs would be up in arms (eg Sydney) and the AFL doesn't need anymore bad press
  • There has been talk about him to the Cats for 2 years, we all now realise (Dixon) where there is smoke there is fire.

His partner attended an interview On the Gold Coast yesterday. From what I've been told she mentioned she would love the job. I was also told she was waiting on her partners offer to be finalized before they relocated.

Feb 27, 2005
Port Augusta
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
QPR
His partner attended an interview On the Gold Coast yesterday. From what I've been told she mentioned she would love the job. I was also told she was waiting on her partners offer to be finalized before they relocated.
I'll be honest... I don't believe the story (Not that I don't believe you, maybe your source etc.)
But weather I believe it or not doesn't matter... I like your story, and I'll even resort to prayer hoping it's true.

Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Patriots/Colts
Hope you right mate, would absolutely love to get Danger up here. If we can get Danger and Howe our finals chances for next year are looking really good.

Skav

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'll be honest... I don't believe the story (Not that I don't believe you, maybe your source etc.)
But weather I believe it or not doesn't matter... I like your story, and I'll even resort to prayer hoping it's true.

That's fine you don't have to, I'm still skeptical. But I do think it's a pretty big chance and larger free agents usually keep things a little closer to their chest seeing big money is involved.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers

Lets assume this is true, Gary and Jaeger both have GF's in Melbourne so it is no indication of what Danger might do. We could all use a good news story and I thank you for it but it's as likely as a naked Jen Hawkins popping out of my bathroom tonight asking if I could help pull the plug in the bath

Donble

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Villa , Buccs

x-files.jpg

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots

We will likely still be paying a portion (probably most of it) of Harley's contract despite him playing elsewhere. Similar to how the Dogs are paying for Griffen still, Pies for Heath Shaw.

Do you know what field she was doing an interview in? What sort of job?

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Yeah it was a joint research job / working with older patients that suffer from arthritis (physiotherapy type role).
That's a good answer. ;) Know the name of the company or anything like that?

(I won't call up... I swear.)

Skav

Team Captain
Sep 26, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
That's a good answer. ;) Know the name of the company or anything like that?

(I won't call up... I swear.)

Sorry don't really want to give out to much more information than I already have. Just have to wait until Adelaide lose this weekend for an announcement I guess. But as far as I'm aware the jobs been offered to her

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Sorry don't really want to give out to much more information than I already have. Just have to wait until Adelaide lose this weekend for an announcement I guess. But as far as I'm aware the jobs been offered to her
Fair enough. I understand.

For those playing at home, Mardi Harwood (Dangerfield's fiancee) is a qualified Occupational Therapist and currently works as an Aquatic Therapist.

I'm not saying it's real, and everyone would (and should) have to be doubtful of course. If it's true and he's considering us over staying at the Crows or going back home to the Cats, the offer would have to be absolutely mammoth. I'm talking 1mil+ over 4 years, or an epic deal like Franklin.

Nice fantasy though. :D

Back