Dangerfield Vs Cotchin Vs Fyfe

Who would you have in your side ?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

:( words hurt man

I judge on what I see. I've seen him play plenty. Noticeable difference between 2012 cotchin and 2014 cotchin.
So just to clarify your point, You say in 2012 he played for the team but from 2013 onwards, After he was made captain he played for stats. OK.
What part of my post hurt you? Did you assume that idiot was you? I more so meant that bigfooty mentality where one post becomes folklore. And any chance to bag Richmond is always fun. Actually obsessive for Poort.

Fyfe > Dangerfield > Cotchin

Fyfe is much better than Dangerfield, and thats not a slight on danger. Cotchin a fair way back
Fyfe isnt "much better" than Danger. His 2014 was better than Danger, but thats the only year he has been. This year Danger could be better.
Reality is they are both top of the food chain and neither has hit their peak.
Its kinda like the "Roo vs Buckley vs Voss" debates.

Fyfe isnt "much better" than Danger. His 2014 was better than Danger, but thats the only year he has been. This year Danger could be better.
Reality is they are both top of the food chain and neither has hit their peak.
Its kinda like the "Roo vs Buckley vs Voss" debates.
I'll admit "much better" was a slight exaggeration, but Fyfe is superior player, as it stands, to dangerfield. Fyfe is an extraordinary player and my feel the replacement to gazza's thrown.

Im not sure if you comparing this debate to roo v bucks v voss means you rate cotchin close to these guys or not. Because Cotchin is no where near danger or fyfe.

2010, 2013 not much between them
2012 Dangerfield had a better year but Fyfe missed much of that season with a shoulder injury
2011 and 2014 Fyfe clearly superior.

Probably a lot fairer to have had Martin in this not Cotchin
Martin is a lot more consistant if isn't playing a 30 disposal game he's getting 3 goals a game , just like Fyfe and Dangerfield unlike Cotchin

Probably a lot fairer to have had Martin in this not Cotchin
Martin is a lot more consistant if isn't playing a 30 disposal game he's getting 3 goals a game , just like Fyfe and Dangerfield unlike Cotchin
Nar, the only thing Martin is consistent at is playing half a game.

Not bad for a guy who usually kicks his 3 goals in the half. If he played a full game probably get a Brownlow he always seems to get his 15 or so votes.
Yeah if. tbh I hope he does play amazing footy consistently, he's quality to watch. Just doesnt do it enough and long enough in a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don't know if it's safe to say he could be another robbie gray if he pulled his finger out?
Hmm, in the way Robbie has emerged, yes, but slightly different players. Am a fan of Robbie fwiw.

Consistent full game performances from Martin is a scary/ enthralling prospect. Question marks will remain if he is ever to reach that.

Cotchin doesn't have anywhere near the same impact on a match as these 2 atm, Gets a lot of junk disposals across half back and one two's that end up going backwards. Dunno what's happened since his 2012 season.

As far as Fyfe V Danger.. it's a flip of the coin really, I'll go Danger just for the extra pace. Both great footballers.

I'll admit "much better" was a slight exaggeration, but Fyfe is superior player, as it stands, to dangerfield. Fyfe is an extraordinary player and my feel the replacement to gazza's thrown.

Im not sure if you comparing this debate to roo v bucks v voss means you rate cotchin close to these guys or not. Because Cotchin is no where near danger or fyfe.
No not adding Cotchin in just saying they are both extreme talents, each does somethings better than the other. Danger is faster that Fyfe and stronger inside, where as Fyfe has cleaner disposal and a bit more classy.
After 2014 Fyfe took the lead, but Danger has had a really good first 2 games and might have a better season than Fyfe in 2015, who knows.

No not adding Cotchin in just saying they are both extreme talents, each does somethings better than the other. Danger is faster that Fyfe and stronger inside, where as Fyfe has cleaner disposal and a bit more classy.
After 2014 Fyfe took the lead, but Danger has had a really good first 2 games and might have a better season than Fyfe in 2015, who knows.

Stronger inside? Fyfe is just about the strongest inside player in the comp.

Fyfe is also only 23 years old and already has an AFL MVP to his name. His 2014 (at 22 years of age) was beyond anything Danger has produced. Danger is a fine player but he was poor IMO last season. He would still probably be in my top 7 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fyfe is just the all round package. Strong overhead which allows him to drift forward and take huge marks and kick goal and good inside. Danger has elite speed and hes a bigger body so he can just burst through packs. Cotchin though, has nothing going for him. Good contested player and an alright kick but thats about it. I would take one of the other two over Cotchin any day.

Stronger inside? Fyfe is just about the strongest inside player in the comp.

Fyfe is also only 23 years old and already has an AFL MVP to his name. His 2014 (at 22 years of age) was beyond anything Danger has produced. Danger is a fine player but he was poor IMO last season. He would still probably be in my top 7 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, so a player who gets 21 brownlow votes (3 less than Fyfe) has had a bad year?
Smh

Back