Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

King Notorious

There is only one☝♕
May 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Napoli, AUFC, Lakers, Patriots
The offers are laughable.

* it. I would like to personally send him to the draft like
1.gif

6BTS

Club Legend
May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, King James
Nah - I didn't hear that at all. I thought Wells was much more along the lines of a trade being quite possible ... but they wouldn't give up everything for one player. Which is right. They will give up the minimum to satisfy AFC - nothing more.

If we get Pick 14 from compo then we hand over Mackay for pick 9 ... then I'll be all for it. I am not looking for AFC to match AT ALL COSTS. No-one should. We are looking for the best outcome for us - couldn't care less about what Geelong do. This is just an example, don't shoot me for including Mackay's name - but I do think Mackay would like a new start though ... he is stagnating and going to rot in the SANFL at this rate. Surely his ego would want him to have a shot at another club?

We would then have Pick 9, 13, 14 and no Mackay hanging around our necks for the next 3 years. We would have some real currency to trade for players - and we would walk out of the Trade Period with a better list and a couple of low picks to replenish the list with young talent inside the top 20.

I know we all want our club to be tough and take a stand - but we should really want our club to be smart as well. Get us what we need, I don't care about the details of how or from whom.

I'm all for Mackay being traded for Pick 9. I'd prefer Geelong give us this years and next years number 1 picks considering this is not the best draft class coming through.

Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Every noise from the club on this issue is about matching as the fans nor club will not accept the compo pick and are sick of players leaving. If you need a quote then you haven't been listening.
Wait - had to read back a few more….OH! , conceded the fans want them to match…now we're on the same wavelength. I thought your post meant the AFC had conceded they had to take pick 14. LOL

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Paul Connors is just doing his job, trying to get Dangerfield to Geelong in the easiest way possible for his client. All he cares about it making it easy for Dangerfield not Adelaide or Geelong. Once Adelaide match then I'd expect he would put pressure on Geelong as that will be what will make things easier for his client.

Good point. One thing I'd like is a bit more accuracy. It's very hard to argue that Patty gave us 8 years of wonderful service. We knew going in that he was going to spend his first year finishing year 12, so I have no issue with that. But that first year needs to be described for what it was and it certainly wasn't wonderful service to our club.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm all for Mackay being traded for Pick 9. I'd prefer Geelong give us this years and next years number 1 picks considering this is not the best draft class coming through.
We hear that all the time - but the picks under 25 are always pretty good. It is later in the draft that "experts" are saying it gets shallow.

I wouldn't listen to them, they just make crap up all the time. None of them pick out the gems and identify the duds without hindsight.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
That interview was just cringe worthy. He wants first rounders for every player, had no idea what Adelaide can and cant do, apparently Danger and Henderson are under different rules even if Adelaide match. Holy smokes and people were abusing Noble!

No wonder the Geelong board still haven't shaken their misconceptions. Highly paid AFL employees can't even get it right. Although, anyone that is highly regarded by Trigg has an immediate asterisk next to their name.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
The fact Geelong and Connors made those statements is great news.. What we didn't want was them saying Adelaide are cooperating and have agreed to terms .
Geelong and Connors are simply trying to "embarrass" the Crows into a "soft" deal ......old old negotiation ploy which Fagan will simply smirk

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Gee Connors has a high number of players on the move each year ......obviously not a fan of talking players into staying

Sometimes with these guys ...it's the thrill of the "game" that excites them

Plus it's great publicity at draft time with new draftees looking for new managers ......what better time of the year to be high profile in the media

But that's just the cynic in me :rolleyes:

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Stephen Wells was also on and he didn't sound like they were ready to give up low picks.

Said compo pick was fair

The compo pick is fair if assessed against what Hawthorn got for Buddy and if we choose to not excercise our right to match. It will be band 1, the maximum allowed under the rules, so by definition it will be fair. Of course, none of that matters if we do end up matching. Fair will be determined by different metrics altogether.

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
Gee Connors has a high number of players on the move each year ......obviously not a fan of talking players into staying

Plus it's great publicity at draft time with new draftees looking for new managers ......what better time of the year to be high profile in the media

I'd say that's probably the general concenus, not cynical at all. Player managers are 100% in it for themselves.

Last edited:

Brentmeister

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide

It makes perfect sense. Almost every time a player goes to a new club they're receiving a better salary than they were previously. It's the price a team has to pay to lure a player.

Higher salary means more commission for scumbags like Connors. So loyalty goes out the door because he doesn't give a s*** if you want to be a one-club player. He'll always steer you towards a team which will pay more so that Connors can send his kids to private schools.

ManInTheArena

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dont confuse what he is worth and what we will get under the current circumstance. You never achieve a players worth the minute he says hes going.

Yes, I imagine that would be two first rounders or a first rounder and a player like Cockatoo. Not Murdoch and a first rounder. That's like us trading in Fyfe for pick 9 and Ricky Henderson. It just wouldn't happen.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
It makes perfect sense. Almost every time a player goes to a new club they're receiving a better salary than they were previously. It's the price a team has to pay to lure a player.

Higher salary means more commission for scumbags like Connors. So loyalty goes out the door because he doesn't give a s*** if you want to be a one-club player. He'll always steer you towards a team which will pay more so that Connors can send his kids to private schools.
My main point is the high profile nature of trades this years helps attract the new draftees looking for managers ....who see his success rate at moving clubs

That's appealing for families

Back