Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

But why should we empathise with someone who hasn't respected us along the way?

I agree it's his choice and I'm cool with him making it. I don't really like the way he handled it in the end. and that's my choice

I must admit that I can understand him wanting to go home. (I have been in a similar position). Yes I am disappointed at his decision. It actually hurts but he has decided to move back home. So be it..

When you say that you don't like the way that he has handled it can you be more specific. For me I have read a lot of crap with his face on top of the article implying that Danger has made the statements in the article but no where have I see where he has actually made a statement. His management has but not Danger. So right now I am disappointed he is going but I believe he has made the right decision for him. Where my feelings of being disappointment could change is how the trade is managed. If Danger demonstrates he believes that its Geelongs right to screw Adelaide over then I will put him the "low life" category but not before.

So right now I am just waiting to see how this all finishes

I have no problems with the interview, FAgan and Roo have said their piece in the papers, which is the reason we are in negotiations on a trade. Worst case he goes in the ND and the Dees get a gift they wanted him for 1.6 million then if he doesn't stay they will get the two first rounders.

It makes perfect sense. Almost every time a player goes to a new club they're receiving a better salary than they were previously. It's the price a team has to pay to lure a player.

Higher salary means more commission for scumbags like Connors. So loyalty goes out the door because he doesn't give a s*** if you want to be a one-club player. He'll always steer you towards a team which will pay more so that Connors can send his kids to private schools.
I believe afc were willing to pay more than gfc...

Would also not remove the PSD threat

Difference is other clubs may think twice about giving up an early pick for Dangerfield in the draft.

The PSD is a free hit, no opportunity to draft young talent, so more clubs would be ready to pick Dangerfield ahead of Geelong.

Don't know what would achieve the deal, but it could be a good move.

We should trade Pick 14 for Pick 8 before we do any deals with Dangerfield and state we will absolutely re-draft Dangerfield with that pick if Geelong doesn't do a fair deal.

If he went to the draft he would be lucky to make it to pick 3, a club would grab him he would play there if he wanted to leave grab a couple of first picks for him if they could convince him to stay the likelihood of finding someone like him in the draft is about 2%

If he went to the draft he would be lucky to make it to pick 3, a club would grab him he would play there if he wanted to leave grab a couple of first picks for him if they could convince him to stay the likelihood of finding someone like him in the draft is about 2%

Fair call, but we wouldn't lose out by upgrading our first round pick anyway (unless we give up too much value to do so)

Think you're right ...the club will factor in the "fans" mood on this one

The PR storm and player revolt would not be worth taking the compo pick. The club would fare better PR wise if we took a stand and Danger had to go through the PSD. I would happily forfeit picks and players to see Geelong lose Dangerfield through their arrogance. The only way, and I mean the only way I could tolerate the compo pick is if a big fish was able to be landed with that pick and the odds of that are .99%

Connors is just doing his job. He represents Danger not Adelaide.. And you can't blame Geelong for trying to low ball us. It's childish negotiations much rather both clubs just accept we are matching, he isn't going to PSD where we both miss out and 2 first round draft picks for Danger is a steal
Geelong playing the heartstring tactic is pathetic.. After the s**t our club has been through it's the wrong card to play..

Good point. One thing I'd like is a bit more accuracy. It's very hard to argue that Patty gave us 8 years of wonderful service. We knew going in that he was going to spend his first year finishing year 12, so I have no issue with that. But that first year needs to be described for what it was and it certainly wasn't wonderful service to our club.

I'm sick of the whole "8 years of wonderful service" bullshit as if we somehow owe him something for that. Yes, we got 8 (well, 7,not counting the first year he stayed home) years of wonderful service from him. And he got 8 years of wonderful pay cheques from us. He's a professional football player who has been very well compensated for his work at the Crows. Neither he nor the club owe each other anything at this point. Both are entitled to do what's in their own best interests now.

And Connors needs to keep his damn mouth shut. He's a player's agent, not a list manager. He's made it clear what his client wants - to go home to Geelong. His part of the process is now over. It's up to the clubs to work it out between themselves. Unless Paul Connors has a first round draft pick to throw in to help move the deal along, then he's got absolutely nothing else to contribute from here on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Connors is just doing his job. He represents Danger not Adelaide.. And you can't blame Geelong for trying to low ball us. It's childish negotiations much rather both clubs just accept we are matching, he isn't going to PSD where we both miss out and 2 first round draft picks for Danger is a steal
Geelong playing the heartstring tactic is pathetic.. After the s**t our club has been through it's the wrong card to play..

Why should that affect anything in negotiations?

The PR statements by both clubs are designed to be just that. Its just semantics to keep talks behind closed doors until the deal is done. Could you imagine the uproar from Geelong supporters if it came out a trade is done and it involves a player and pick 9. They will lose their heads (it would be funny) but it would be counter productive for Geelong and other negotiations behind the scene. Connors statements are meaningless protection tactics for his player. Ultimately means nothing as if push comes to shove and Melbourne dangle that $10m deal and offer the crows two first round picks I suspect that talk might turn to pressure on Geelong to get a deal done otherwise Melbourne will sign him in the PSD anyhow.

Agreed. And the other thing is most people feel like Hawthorn got ripped off with the Franklin compo. Hawks were just over a barrel because of the size and length of contract. Not convinced trying to to say "it's fair because that's what Hawthorn did" is likely to win many fans either.

The PR statements by both clubs are designed to be just that. Its just semantics to keep talks behind closed doors until the deal is done. Could you imagine the uproar from Geelong supporters if it came out a trade is done and it involves a player and pick 9. They will lose their heads (it would be funny) but it would be counter productive for Geelong and other negotiations behind the scene. Connors statements are meaningless protection tactics for his player. Ultimately means nothing as if push comes to shove and Melbourne dangle that $10m deal and offer the crows two first round picks I suspect that talk might turn to pressure on Geelong to get a deal done otherwise Melbourne will sign him in the PSD anyhow.

PPl keep saying the but Paul Roos has ruled it out

He has said multiple times that Melb would only draft or trade for players that wanted to be Melb players. He said had Patrick come to him in Aug and said he was leaving he would have booted him there and then.

Patrick would need to nominate them for him to receive this big cash offer. It's a big difference. Yes they want him but they want him to want them which won't happen.

Yes they want him but they want him to want them which won't happen.

Cool story bro.

Patrick isn't going to the PSD. Geelong would never take that risk. A top 5 player in the league for 2 first rounders is daylight robbery.

Geelong are going to try and get away with as little as possible, more so than we're going to try and get as much as possible.

Interesting that Wells said we haven't told Geelong what we'd want in a trade. That has to be bullshit.

That lends me to believe we are working on a side deal and therefore the trade is independent of Danger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back