Daniel Bryan Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad but not completely unexpected.

God bless Daniel Bryan. Thanks for the memories

This is one time that I wish I am a puppet.

Last edited:
That's retire from WWE not wrestling all together?? But in Vinces eyes there is only WWE and nothing else.

His contract isn't running down due to injury and Vince wont allow him to get out of it (ala Rey Mysterio).

He's stuck in the WWE.

Pretty disappointing news but it sounds like it's for the best.

CM Punk vs Bryan at Over the Limit 2012 was my favourite Bryan match. His heel run on Smackdown was the last time Smackdown television actually mattered.

Punk Vs Bryan at Rod Laver Arena was my favorite Bryan match.

He was my guy. I started a 30,000+ strong petition the moment he got fired back in 2010 that even some of the WWE roster tweeted and signed. Jim Ross told me to turn it off and linked it in one of his Ross Reports blog entries - because "it's not going to work and that nobody of any importance was going to see it." He was still with the company at the time. While I believe that the plan was always to bring him back it was fun.

Sad day but he's not dead, he's given us some amazing memories and at the end of the day he'll be a fantastic father when he and Brie end up having kids and he'll get to run around with them which is the most important thing of all.

Sounds like WWE wouldn't let him leave and perhaps have offered him a Legends deal type thing to get him to publicly speak.

Any chance ******* Big Show retires? He's so destroyed he can't take a bump. Things like that are why I'm so cynical about WWE keeping Bryan out of action.

Any chance ******* Big Show retires? He's so destroyed he can't take a bump. Things like that are why I'm so cynical about WWE keeping Bryan out of action.

Leave the worlds largest athlete out of this.

I'm disappointed that I never saw a good run of his, I thought he was very funny, he wrestling style didn't interest me at all though. Hopefully he gets a network show or a trainer gig at the performance center or something.

gzcT4bat9IzMkUNGUHh50Y-U-i8bbkR2rj7vH3ESLuqEKj-gX_rJ9oEmMj8O0D61Ws6paSn95nYkAip9u7vE21-qrvuvByiumTVLgz1a_XCmbzMVmAL9Y95w_rR1CnEqV9WjT1DMn6qIjQXX9paKaqw7c-71IAHiN3NI3cXRsa3VJ0cSIGtGwWhzGumQA4R6PX-g-bHCOJLZuyzWLY6u=w245-h200-nc

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad, but a retirement announcement is infinitely better than a death announcement. Still, I find it hard to believe that he'll never wrestle again and wouldn't rule out another RoH run eventually.

Will be interesting to see what his role is going forward.

God damnit :(. So sad.

I'm pretty sure he's said he doesn't want to coach or anything. It'll be interesting how long WWE hold onto him.
Is that because he still wants to wrestle or is he not interested in ever getting into training/coaching?

I can see him disappearing into private life, popping up for the odd appearance every now and then.

Is that because he still wants to wrestle or is he not interested in ever getting into training/coaching?

I can see him disappearing into private life, popping up for the odd appearance every now and then.
I can't remember the exact details of what he said, something about being too impatient to coach or something. Stuff changes though, I guess.

They must be paying/giving him something extra to do a retirement speech. Hello 2017 Hall of Fame.

Easy there.

Vince doesn't give a s**t about what happened on the indies and to him Bryan is just a guy who was in the company for like 5 years.

As disappointing as it is to see him retire, it's honestly probably for the best. While doctors may be clearing him, I find it hard to believe having as many concussions as he has had can be good for him. I hope he doesn't retire from WWE, eventually get out and wrestle anywhere else.

Yes it sucks for us as fans, but I honestly believe they have held the best interests of Bryan in mind when refusing to allow him back. I really really hope he accepts that fact and doesn't push it somewhere else and suffer more concussions elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back